Wait listed panel wait time?

Started by Mettatony, April 15, 2019, 09:43:18 AM

Mettatony

Hi. My friends and I submitted a panel for this year's Fanimecon and just got the email to be wait listed. We are coming from out of state and our panel is a gameshow that requires a lot of props and working parts. It helps to know ahead of time whether or not we are in, so we can plan packing. When can we expect to hear back from panels regarding the wait list? Thank you.

Kite

I believe that was the fourth question in the email that asked how much time did you need to get your panel together in the event that someone dropped out.

anarchycupcake

That really depends on your position on the wait list and other panelists' circumstances. Being on the wait list means you'll only hear back if another panelist drops out or if a hole opens up in the schedule. I was on the wait list last year, and didn't hear back until literally the day of, when a panel unexpectedly had to be cancelled. If you don't hear back before the con starts but are really interested in hosting the panel, I'd pack your things just in case. I didn't and so when I got the call, I had to turn them down and regretted it.