The Latest Anime Dance Craze!?!

Started by The Sea-Faring Otaku, May 02, 2019, 08:45:48 AM

The Sea-Faring Otaku

After a weekend long binge of Lucky Star and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, a long since buried memory of the plague of "Hare Hare Yukai" and "Mottoke! Salior Fuku" dances that dotted the convention landscape was resurfaced like a Mythical Kraken of Astonishingly Catchy, Ear-Worm J-Pop. This lead to the following thought:

"Huh. I wonder if there's a name for that? And if there is, what is going to be this years' latest dance craze that at least 6 groups will be performing at the Masquerade?"

So, help a some-what jaded, Thirty-Something who's fallen out of style with the latest trends out and let's try to guess what will be the latest dance craze for Fanime 2019!
On and Off Attendee since 2005!

R.I.P. Fanime 2020 😭

See y'all in 2021!

pastelcashews

I'd say the really popular one a lot of cosplayers made videos of is Chika's song and dance (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEs31RIivE0)  from the show Kaguya-sama Love is War
2024 lineup
- Klara (PKMN)
- Nishikino Maki Candy Maid Version (Love Live!)

Angelx624

All I can say is I'm bringing back the Hare Hare Yukai on Day 0 so be warned. XD
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

SkylerKarashi

Quote from: Angelx624 on May 13, 2019, 05:10:20 PM
All I can say is I'm bringing back the Hare Hare Yukai on Day 0 so be warned. XD
I won't be dressed in that cosplay (sadly) this year, but I'd be around for that. XD Brings back lots of memories.
My Cosplay For Fanime 2024:
Thursday: Closet Kaminari/Yuri (BNHA/Yuri On Ice)
Friday: Goth (Boyfriends)
Saturday: Red (Pokemon & Smash Bros)
Sunday: Casual Kaminari (BNHA)
Monday: Goth (Boyfriends)

The Sea-Faring Otaku

Quote from: Angelx624 on May 13, 2019, 05:10:20 PM

Hehehe. Excellent!
On and Off Attendee since 2005!

R.I.P. Fanime 2020 😭

See y'all in 2021!

CatToy

the youtube tag you're looking for is Odottemita/踊ってみた

therealdjpocky

I'm sure some TikTok dance trend might pop up for 2022. I'm an old soul so I can't keep up with the youth these days, haha.

That being said I consider the ones OP listed to be timeless. :D
When something smells, it's usually a bad pun.