Fanime 2019 Roommate Thread

Started by KyraEnsui, January 18, 2019, 03:15:43 AM

KyraEnsui

Welcome to 2018 version for this thread. More descriptive and more professional looking post. Do you need roommates? Or do you need a room? This is the place to post up your wanted ads.

Hotels:
+ Hilton (adjacent to convention, has mini fridges)
+ Marriott (adjacent to convention, most of the video rooms are at)
+ Hyatt (a block away, close to Civic Center)
+ The Westin San Jose (across from Marriott) (formerly The Sainte Claire Hotel)
+ Fairmont (across the street from Saint Claire, near restaurants like Johnny Rockets and others)
+ Holiday Inn (3 miles from the convention center, on the free shuttle route, free interwebs and free parking)
+ Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport (3 miles from the convention center, on the free shuttle route, free interwebs and free parking) (formerly San Jose Airport Hotel, Radisson San Jose Airport)
+ Double Tree (former site of Clockwork Alchemy, 4 miles from the convention center, on the free shuttle route, free interwebs)
+ Fairfield Inn (has free parking, microwave, and mini fridge;a block away from Double Tree)

What you need to know:
+ Please be respectful to your roommates along with everyone else on the same floor.
+ Please do not try to crowd beyond the maximum occupancy of the hotel since it is a fire hazard.
[If you have any other suggestion, please voice it out.]

Roommates Wanted: (only main leader can post it)
+ Introduction: Introduce yourself. Do you have Facebook or Myspace? Feel free to post it up.
+ Hotel Information: where are you staying at and how long you're staying in.
+ Costs: how much for each person, how to pay, etc...
+ Requirements: what are you looking for, your set rules, etc...
+ Contact: how to get in touch. Please keep all your PMs and/or emails until the day they're check-in.
+ Miscellaneous: anything else you like to add.

Need a room:
+ Introduction: (same as above)
+ Hotel Information: where and how long you're willing to stay
+ Requirements: any restrictions or requests you like to make.
+ Contact: (same as above)
+ Miscellaneous: (same as above)

Once transactions are done, please post in bold and underline words that it is fulfilled. As stated above, don't forget to keep all your PMs and emails of your exchanges.

Thank you.

(adapted from 2011 page)

Tomas Cosplay

Room Needed:
+ Introduction: Hey, I'm Haiden. I'm going to be 19 when the convention rolls around. I first attended Fanime in 2015, didn't attend the next two years due to personal reasons, and just got back to attending last year.
+ Hotel Information: I'm hoping to be able to do Friday night-Monday morning.
+ Requirements: I would prefer that whoever I room with be between 18-30 (I would just feel more comfortable if I wasn't rooming with someone who was much older than me). I'm also fine rooming with either just guys or both guys and girls, I don't have a preference. I have no preference in room rules.
+ Contact: you can message me here or email me at [email protected].
+ Miscellaneous: I am a trans man so you and whoever else is in the room should be comfortable with that.
Fanime 2020 Cosplay List
TBD

For my full list of cosplays see this link: https://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,21883.0.html

Jenbi_

Looking to take over a reservation.

Hello! My name is Jenaye. My friend and I was out of luck this year. We weren't fast enough to get a hotel reservation this time and are now looking to take over a reservation. Any distance away is fine. This will be our 4th time going to the Fanime. We are looking forward to it so please contact me if you have a reservation to give away.

-Staying Fri-Mon

Contact me by [email protected] or a dm on here :) I respond very quickly and kindly.

Thank you~

umbrellawizard

My name is Nicholas. I'm male, 32, and looking for a room at any of the hotels within walking distance of the convention. I'm on the quiet side, but generally looking to meet new people and make new friends.

I will be wearing rather bulky, warm cosplays (they do not take up a ton of room when broken down, and are only bulky when worn), so anything not within walking distance isn't an option. I'll be crossplaying, in case that would be an issue (Letty Whiterock and Yamame Kurodani from Touhou Project for anyone curious). I'm very into retro computers, games, and technology.

Ideally I'd like to stay from Thursday night to Sunday night, but I can stay through Monday if that makes things easier. Please contact me at [email protected] if you'd like to work something out.

ranmasan

Ac hotel 106/night Friday- Monday. So far we have 2 people. Total for all 3 nights 318. Any questions let me know. This is 6 blocks from the con.

Looking to fill up this room it will be split among how many people we get in this room. This is a no party room.

You will pay the day of con. You get access once the room is paid off.
I have a hotel room at
AC hotel: 350 West Santa Clara Street
San Jose, CA  95113
friday-Moday
Cost: 106/night
6 blocks away

I need roommates! I am in my 20's but I have been going to this convention for about 15 years, I love to have fun and keep it real. just a little bit about me.

Rules:

No drinking (or coming in drunk), No DRUGS, No weed, E-cigs out side of the room, no smoking, everyone must be respectful, NO STEALING. no minors.

This room is just realistically for sleeping, we all want to have fun at the convention and don't want to worry about causing problems. but biggest rule of all; HAVE FUN!
I will try to pack the room pretty full. my guess is 6-8 people. depending on what everyone else says. honestly I don't know how big these rooms are I have never stayed in this hotel before.

KatLov12

I need a room desperately!

+ Introduction:
I'm 23 years old(female), been to fanime for 5 years and want to make it 6 this year. I already bought my flight from Ohio to California and willing to spend $100-200 to room with a nice group of people. I am super chill and would like a bed rotation option due to medical problems. I don't drink excessively and can pay cash upon arrival or via PayPal because I have a lot riding on arriving from across the country.

+ Hotel Information:
Being at something close or connected to the convention center is ideal. I am willing to pay $100-200 from Friday-Monday morning. Willing to sleep in the same bed as a male as well if that is alright.

+ Requirements:
Please do not steal my things. That's all.

+ Contact: text: 707-364-8835 or email [email protected]

olingamer

Introduction: My name is Olin Pritchard and I'm a 17 year old boy who desperately needs a place to stay.

Hotel Info: I won't be wearing big bulky armor but the closer the better I'm willing to spend up to 150$ on a place to stay with at least one roommate. I'd also apreciate it if I had a two bedroom hotel room. I'll be there from day 1 to 3 leaving on the evening of day 3.

Requiremets: No smoking, drinking, uninvited guests, or stealing my stuff.

Please contact me through PMs on my facebook page Olin Pritchard. Hope to hear a response soon but the fanime forum DMs would also work.

Fanime 2019 lineup
Friday: TBD
Saturday: Sigurd (Fate Grand Order)
Sunday: TBD

FalseFlowers

NEED A ROOM for 2 girls

Hello friends, my name is Lillith (22F) and I'm looking for a room for me and my friend, Ling (24F) from Fri-Sun. We were looking at AirBnbs however it seems like it'd be better for us to make some friends and room closer to the con! Yay friends!2

Hotel Information: STAYING CON DAYS! We're pretty flexible about where, we're just sort of looking for a hotel near the convention! We'll be driving in from Colorado somewhere from Thurs/Friday and we're looking to get out by Monday! So I guess from Friday - Monday. As always, sort of on a budget since this isn't our only con (however our first Fanime! Yay!) so preferably under $175(?).

Both of us are cosplayers, however space isn't a problem we are not bringing anymore than 1 small suitcase or duffle since no big cosplays until AX. (We also have a car to shove everything in.)
Again super flexible so I don't care if it's a floor spot or a couch. Bed would be super nice, we're both pretty small so you can pretty much cram us into anything.
Gender doesn't matter. (Again super flexible about rooming.)

Requirements: Uhhhhhh somewhere we can crash for the nights? Don't steal? Unless you want cheap wigs.
We're very respectful, mostly just need room to sleep in after con day is over.

Lillith's Contacts:
PM through here
Email: [email protected]
IG: bxngebunny

Ling's Contacts:
IG: chickenlingy

Sorry for much a long post.

ranmasan

I am looking for a roomate,

Total is 507.66. Friday-Monday.

Please no drugs, no drinking, no smoking, no partying, no stealing.  this is a room to enjoy the con

The price is cash in order to gain entrance. And the price depends on the number of people we get.
:) here to have a good time. I am a female in mid 20's  and I have been going for over 10 years. HMU!

FalseFlowers

Is the 507.66 like total for whole room?

What hotel!

ranmasan

Ac hotel. Yes total for 3 days. Feel free to email me [email protected]

TakaneNoHana

Roommates Wanted
Looking for 1 Person-only floor space available!
Hi my name is Rebeca this is my 7th year going to Fanime.

Hotel Information: Hyatt across from the convention center, Thursday-Monday
Costs: Cost will be split depending on how many people will be in the hotel, the most if not to many people in the room is $220.
Payment either Paypal or Venmo.

Requirements:Anyone is welcome, no bringing other people to the room unless everyone approves of it, everyone will need to agree on a set time of when lights out will be. No Smoking, Drinking maybe allowed so long as everyone is 21+, keeps your hands to yourself( no touching others or their belongings). more rules can be discussed between roommates.

Food: I try to provide some type of food and drinks for everyone, water, soda, milk, bread, chips, yogurts etc.

Chamberashes

I need a room

Hilton or Marriott only - thursday to monday or friday to monday.

name is Charles and i stopped counting how many years i have been going to fanime. its been many.

i do not drink, smoke or use drugs and would like a room that wont do those things. no party room either as i typically use the hotel for storage and sleep. less people the better.

you can reach me at chuckdeezel (at) hotmail (dot) com. i will pay cash when i get my room key see the bed or floor space i will be sleeping at. i usually don't hang around the room so you might not see me much. great roommate, yes?

Roguethunder

Need a room:
+ Introduction: Oi. Name's Idi, Male 30yo, this'll actually be my 10th Fanime if I've not lost count yet. Stayed in a room with random folks my first and last year. Looking for a room since I don't live in downtown anymore--twas the best cheating but alas. Dunno if I'm cosplaying, but if so it won't be something bulky. Last year I made rice-maker fried rice to share with my roommates(if I do end up in your room tell me any food restrictions! I can work around em.) :P I'm pretty chill, tend to run late--but am good at tiptoeing in to sleep.
Slayers and Outlaw star ftw. ;P
+ Hotel Information: Greatly prefer Hilton or Marriott, but could consider others con-adjacent. Looking for Friday-Monday, wouldn't turn down Thursday-Monday tho.
+ Requirements: Non-party room. I do drink a lil, but that's it. No smoking/drugs. Thx.
Looking for a floor or solo bed/couch/such spot. Basically just somewhere to sleep and stow mah stuff.
+ Contact: PM here on the forum or on discord at Kaze Horosha#7264
+ Miscellaneous:

Got a room ^.^
"So, we meet again for the first time."

Ediddy

Need a room / Would be happy to take over a reservation
+ Introduction:
Hello! I'm Eileen, and I'm looking for a room for 2~5 people (mixed genders, all of us in our mid 20s)--whatever works for you. This will be my 4th year at Fanime! I had a very nice experience rooming with strangers previously and am looking to do the same this year. We're friendly, quiet, neat, clean, don't drink/party/smoke/do drugs/bring people over, and don't have lots of stuff. We're super chill and can get along with everyone, and don't mind sleeping on the floor. I might be bringing a costume for cosplay, but nothing fancy!

+ Hotel Information: Within walking distance of the hotel, Hilton/Marriott preferred. Thursday-Monday please!
+ Requirements: We're cool with everything
+ Contact: Please PM me! Look forward to rooming with you.

otakuotome

Roommates Wanted:
+ Introduction: Hi I'm Mel and I'm looking for 2 roommates to join my sister and I for Fanime 2019
+ Hotel Information: Doubletree, 2 Queen Room, https://docs.google.com/document/d/10sp300BCawQt4nCc9P20Ji4Oeh57E1PtyWEDfiGwiXY/edit
+ Costs: 150USD for Thursday Night-Sunday Night Paypal is preferred.
+ Requirements: This is a girls only room, and we'd prefer 21+. No drugs/bringing non-roomates to the room. Alcohol is okay in moderation. We are quiet, clean and relaxed and we like to chill.
+ Contact: please email me at [email protected] if you are interested or for questions.
+ Miscellaneous: My sister and I are both cosplayers but I'll only have 1 costume.
Wataru Hibiki-Ensemble Stars
Nagai Kei- Ajin: Demi Human
Chise- The Ancient Magus Bride

Cyanide_Exploder

Still have room for one more person?

Beanie

Hotel: Double tree
Check in: Thursday
Check out: Monday

Price person for whole weekend @ 4 people: 153
Price person for whole weekend @ 5 people: 121

m looking for at most 5 people at 121.00 a person. Right now we are looking for 3 more at 153 until we get a 5th person.
It is a double bed room one bed has been claimed. THe bed spots will be dealt as first come first serve willing health issues and medical necessity is addressed.
Me and my friend will be in the dealers den and so will be gone for most of the day.
Rules for the room is as follows:
1.dont trash the room
2. Be respectful and communicate with others
3. Alchohol and drugs would be preferred to remain out of the room.
4. Let me know if you want guests in the room
5. Payment will be required one months before the con. I will not give refunds unless there is an emergency after 2 weeks to the con.

My telegram is @beanieplant
My twitter is @adragonthatroar
Let me know if you are interested and if you have any concerns or question.

Beanie

Hotel: Double tree
Check in: Thursday
Check out: Monday

Price person for whole weekend @ 4 people: 153
Price person for whole weekend @ 5 people: 121

m looking for at most 5 people at 121.00 a person. Right now we are looking for 3 more at 153 until we get a 5th person.
It is a double bed room one bed has been claimed. THe bed spots will be dealt as first come first serve willing health issues and medical necessity is addressed.
Me and my friend will be in the dealers den and so will be gone for most of the day.
Rules for the room is as follows:
1.dont trash the room
2. Be respectful and communicate with others
3. Alchohol and drugs would be preferred to remain out of the room.
4. Let me know if you want guests in the room
5. Payment will be required one months before the con. I will not give refunds unless there is an emergency after 2 weeks to the con.

My telegram is @beanieplant
My twitter is @adragonthatroar
PM on here works too
Let me know if you are interested and if you have any concerns or question.

guyver20

ROOMMATES WANTED - WESTIN/ ST. CLAIRE

I know this is super late as most of the people going to con have pretty much found a place to crash. My wife and I are currently looking for potential roommates anywhere from 1 to 3 people depending on the situation. We booked the Westin from Friday to Monday and will be driving up from San Diego late Thursday night/ early Friday Morning. The room only has one bed. Possibly a roll away bed may be available, but Hotel may charge extra. This opening is for floor spots only. As far as prices are concerned they may range anywhere from 140 to 200 per person depending on the lengths of stay for those staying with us and how many people actually show up.

You may reach me at my gmail account - [email protected]. My gmail account is directly linked to my smartphone so I will see all replies right away and will try to get back to you within the hour.