FanimeCon Events and Discussionmentarianism > Hotel and Facilities

Fanime 2019 Roommate Thread

(1/7) > >>

KyraEnsui:
Welcome to 2018 version for this thread. More descriptive and more professional looking post. Do you need roommates? Or do you need a room? This is the place to post up your wanted ads.

Hotels:
+ Hilton (adjacent to convention, has mini fridges)
+ Marriott (adjacent to convention, most of the video rooms are at)
+ Hyatt (a block away, close to Civic Center)
+ The Westin San Jose (across from Marriott) (formerly The Sainte Claire Hotel)
+ Fairmont (across the street from Saint Claire, near restaurants like Johnny Rockets and others)
+ Holiday Inn (3 miles from the convention center, on the free shuttle route, free interwebs and free parking)
+ Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport (3 miles from the convention center, on the free shuttle route, free interwebs and free parking) (formerly San Jose Airport Hotel, Radisson San Jose Airport)
+ Double Tree (former site of Clockwork Alchemy, 4 miles from the convention center, on the free shuttle route, free interwebs)
+ Fairfield Inn (has free parking, microwave, and mini fridge;a block away from Double Tree)

What you need to know:
+ Please be respectful to your roommates along with everyone else on the same floor.
+ Please do not try to crowd beyond the maximum occupancy of the hotel since it is a fire hazard.
[If you have any other suggestion, please voice it out.]

Roommates Wanted: (only main leader can post it)
+ Introduction: Introduce yourself. Do you have Facebook or Myspace? Feel free to post it up.
+ Hotel Information: where are you staying at and how long you're staying in.
+ Costs: how much for each person, how to pay, etc...
+ Requirements: what are you looking for, your set rules, etc...
+ Contact: how to get in touch. Please keep all your PMs and/or emails until the day they're check-in.
+ Miscellaneous: anything else you like to add.

Need a room:
+ Introduction: (same as above)
+ Hotel Information: where and how long you're willing to stay
+ Requirements: any restrictions or requests you like to make.
+ Contact: (same as above)
+ Miscellaneous: (same as above)

Once transactions are done, please post in bold and underline words that it is fulfilled. As stated above, don't forget to keep all your PMs and emails of your exchanges.

Thank you.

(adapted from 2011 page)

Tomas Cosplay:
Room Needed:
+ Introduction: Hey, I'm Haiden. I'm going to be 19 when the convention rolls around. I first attended Fanime in 2015, didn't attend the next two years due to personal reasons, and just got back to attending last year.
+ Hotel Information: I'm hoping to be able to do Friday night-Monday morning.
+ Requirements: I would prefer that whoever I room with be between 18-30 (I would just feel more comfortable if I wasn't rooming with someone who was much older than me). I'm also fine rooming with either just guys or both guys and girls, I don't have a preference. I have no preference in room rules.
+ Contact: you can message me here or email me at haiden2319@gmail.com.
+ Miscellaneous: I am a trans man so you and whoever else is in the room should be comfortable with that.

Jenbi_:
Looking to take over a reservation.

Hello! My name is Jenaye. My friend and I was out of luck this year. We weren't fast enough to get a hotel reservation this time and are now looking to take over a reservation. Any distance away is fine. This will be our 4th time going to the Fanime. We are looking forward to it so please contact me if you have a reservation to give away.

-Staying Fri-Mon

Contact me by jenayebre34@gmail.com or a dm on here :) I respond very quickly and kindly.

Thank you~

umbrellawizard:
My name is Nicholas. I'm male, 32, and looking for a room at any of the hotels within walking distance of the convention. I'm on the quiet side, but generally looking to meet new people and make new friends.

I will be wearing rather bulky, warm cosplays (they do not take up a ton of room when broken down, and are only bulky when worn), so anything not within walking distance isn't an option. I'll be crossplaying, in case that would be an issue (Letty Whiterock and Yamame Kurodani from Touhou Project for anyone curious). I'm very into retro computers, games, and technology.

Ideally I'd like to stay from Thursday night to Sunday night, but I can stay through Monday if that makes things easier. Please contact me at mini_zeon@yahoo.com if you'd like to work something out.

ranmasan:
Ac hotel 106/night Friday- Monday. So far we have 2 people. Total for all 3 nights 318. Any questions let me know. This is 6 blocks from the con.

Looking to fill up this room it will be split among how many people we get in this room. This is a no party room.

You will pay the day of con. You get access once the room is paid off.
I have a hotel room at
 AC hotel: 350 West Santa Clara Street
San Jose, CA  95113
friday-Moday
Cost: 106/night
6 blocks away

I need roommates! I am in my 20's but I have been going to this convention for about 15 years, I love to have fun and keep it real. just a little bit about me.

Rules:

No drinking (or coming in drunk), No DRUGS, No weed, E-cigs out side of the room, no smoking, everyone must be respectful, NO STEALING. no minors.

This room is just realistically for sleeping, we all want to have fun at the convention and don't want to worry about causing problems. but biggest rule of all; HAVE FUN!
I will try to pack the room pretty full. my guess is 6-8 people. depending on what everyone else says. honestly I don't know how big these rooms are I have never stayed in this hotel before.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version