Courtyard by the Marriott Deposit policy?

Started by Sidiaz13, May 15, 2019, 01:06:12 PM

Sidiaz13

Hi everyone! This is my first time staying at a hotel for a con in San Jose and I thought I was certain on the whole deposit per night policy that a lot of the hotels have in place. However, when I called the hotel that I am staying at to confirm that my room has been reserved, I asked about their deposit policy and they told me that they charge $300/night.... and I was flabbergasted because that is not what it says on Fanime's Accommodations website. I told them that on the website it indicated that the maximum charge was $100. So now I'm really concerned and confused about which one is true... Can anyone confirm or explain their experience with staying at the Courtyard by the Marriott Airport hotel and what exactly you paid in fees/deposits? I'd greatly appreciate any input on this!

Sahvn

I believe there may have been some miscommunication.
$300/night seems like the price they charge to stay there, not deposit.

Generally, the deposit is anything from $50 up to 100$ per night booked. This will be held against your banking account/card for the remainder of your stay in case of incidentals/damages to the room. It should be refunded within a few days after you check out.

Sidiaz13

Quote from: Sahvn on May 15, 2019, 02:17:55 PM
I believe there may have been some miscommunication.
$300/night seems like the price they charge to stay there, not deposit.

Generally, the deposit is anything from $50 up to 100$ per night booked. This will be held against your banking account/card for the remainder of your stay in case of incidentals/damages to the room. It should be refunded within a few days after you check out.

Oh that makes me feel so much better! When the lady told me that, I literally went cold because I only saved the amount that was said on my receipt. You don't happen to know exactly how much they'll be charging for the deposit? Thank you for your input!

Sahvn

It would be safe to set aside up to 100/night you're booked to stay with them.

I've stayed with the Marriott chain of hotels for years now--both for Fanime and business--and have never been charged more than 50/night.

However, better safe than sorry. It's good practice to have twice the amount of your projected hotel bill available.
Just in case your roommates are not courteous and accidentally cause damages.