New to cosplay

Started by hypepoxic, May 29, 2019, 01:39:37 AM

hypepoxic

Hello! I'm new to attending conventions as well as cosplaying. I was wondering is there a place, sort of like a workshop or studio/station that we can work on our costumes? I don't have any equipment at home and would like access to a sewing machine, paint, etc. Is there a place where we can attend and rent?

Konekogami

I'm from Colorado, so I really can't give recommendations for places in California.. but I would say check out your local libraries!

The library district where I'm from has "Maker Spaces"  and they have everything from sewing machines, sergers, embroidery machines, 3D Printers and more.

Also fabric and craft stores will often have studios for classes and projects.  I know there's a fabric store here that hosts a "cosplay day" where people come in and use the space to work on projects.

Kite

There use to be techshop. But it was closed down.

What sort of replaced it is a place called TheShop. It has everything you'll need to build whatever you want.

There are a few other makerspace/hackspaces floating around California. Just a matter of looking around.