Cooking Demonstrations

Started by mryekcim, May 31, 2019, 11:51:48 PM

mryekcim

Considering that this year's theme is cooking, I was wondering if anyone would like to see a cooking demonstration. Logistically I am not sure how it would work but like having a cooking demonstration as a panel or like how they have weapons demonstrations could be cool to see. Also can be a pretty tasty event.

Another idea could be like a planned eating contest on stage zero. Who can eat the most takoyaki balls or a spicy ramen challenge?

CandyGirl

If you have ever seen Yumi King's videos on youtube she does precisely this in her panels. (Her side channel for cooking is Yummy King). Apart from having her as a guest, I also thought demonstrations would be a great idea
..::Cos-list::..
What's a cosplay lol

Barnes

An eating challenge on Stage Zero? Count me in.

But what kind of legal issues could Fanime end up dealing with?
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Glitch

I'm sure this idea has crossed the minds of Fanime. I'd more surprised if they didn't.
Also, there's food conventions where demonstrations are done, so I'm sure cooking wouldn't be a huge issue for Fanime.

It would be interesting to see all sorts of variety of Japanese foods shown. Maybe stuff related to anime. Maybe Japanese food you might not see often cooked in America. There's many things Fanime could do.

Kite

Food is a major no no as it was explained once before by the hosts of stage zero.

It essentially boils down to legality reasons why they can't personally serve food.

The Sea-Faring Otaku

Quote from: Kite on October 27, 2019, 07:03:29 PM
Food is a major no no as it was explained once before by the hosts of stage zero.

It essentially boils down to legality reasons why they can't personally serve food.

That makes sense. You'd be opening yourself up to a lot of liability issues if you can't 💯 guarantee the food quality.

Still, I'd be cool to have a guest that is centered around the theme of cooking though, given this years theme.
On and Off Attendee since 2005!

R.I.P. Fanime 2020 😭

See y'all in 2021!

Kite

Quote from: The Sea-Faring Otaku on October 31, 2019, 05:38:22 AM
Quote from: Kite on October 27, 2019, 07:03:29 PM

That makes sense. You'd be opening yourself up to a lot of liability issues if you can't 💯 guarantee the food quality.

Still, I'd be cool to have a guest that is centered around the theme of cooking though, given this years theme.

The only bypass rule would probably have participants sign a waver. But that's going to be a lot of trouble tying up loopholes that could be exploited.

MirukuKuroNaiKo

if no live cooking demonstrations, how about a break down of popular anime meals(ingredients & techniques) with a Q&A.
maybe go over cooking basics and/or healthy-ish eating panel?
(gosh i could give so much material for this,hahaha.)

The Sea-Faring Otaku

Quote from: MirukuKuroNaiKo on January 15, 2020, 01:49:24 PM
if no live cooking demonstrations, how about a break down of popular anime meals(ingredients & techniques) with a Q&A.
maybe go over cooking basics and/or healthy-ish eating panel?
(gosh i could give so much material for this,hahaha.)
This seems like a pretty good alternative!
On and Off Attendee since 2005!

R.I.P. Fanime 2020 😭

See y'all in 2021!