Hotel stay 2019 feedback

Started by Barnes, June 03, 2019, 10:38:09 PM

Barnes

And here we go again. How was your hotel stay this year?

Hotel: Westin (Saint Claire)

Pros:
Check-in and check-out went smoothly. Yay!
Still love that tall shower head  :)
Heater and airco worked wonderfully.

Weird coincidence:
Every time I was in the elevator, someone else went to my floor as well.

Questions:
How does the dial in the fridge work? Do you turn it to make the temp colder, or do you leave it alone for the coldest temp?

Cons:

No HBO on the TV...has it always been this way?
The king bed felt smaller than it did last year. I know that I'm not growing any taller.
I understand the need for a security guard in the lobby, but he gave me the vibe that he wanted to follow me all the way to my room (he didn't, but still that was weird).

Come back next year? Sure, why not.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Ryoga213

Hotel: Hyatt Place

Pros:
1. Nice size room, was able to fit my 4 roommates comfortably.
2. Housekeeping staff was super nice and provided us with excellent service.
3. Free breakfast! (Have to be a Hyatt member)
4. Beds were comfortable and right across from convention center, which is nice!
5. Elevators aren't as bad as the Marriott and Fairmont. Less lines meaning easier access to the rooms.

Cons:
1. Late check-in. Came in at 1:45, and didn't check-in until 4:21 PM. Check-in was at 3 PM and staff could have told others (and myself), and let us know about the situation. Never had a late check-in at the Fairmont or Marriott.
2. Bathroom was a bit small.
3. Breakfast was a bit strict. One of my roommates signed up for to be a Hyatt member so she can get free breakfast, and there one time where I had to let them know that there were 2 people who are members. The lady was a bit rude. This happened twice, but I got my breakfast after having to explain the situation.

Overall, I had a great stay. The Fairmont is still my favorite hotel, but the convenience of right across the street was super-convenient. I would stay here again.

KyraEnsui

Fairfield Inn & Suites San Jose Airport

It was my 4th time staying and still my favorite hotel out of the ones I've stayed in the past.

Free breakfast, free parking, mini fridge and a microwave, free breakfast and free drinks in the lobby.

Only con is the distance from the con, but that's no biggie. Free shuttle ride.

Check in and check out were a breeze. Definitely staying here again!

The Sea-Faring Otaku

Okay here we go!

Hotel: Hyatt Place

Pros:

Self Parking: Having the convenience of being able to park your vehicle at your leisure is fantastic!

Location: Just a hop, skip and a jump across the street from the main entrance to the convention center!

Room: I had a good sized room that was clean. There was an issue with the ceiling in the bathroom, but I notified the staff about it and they were aware of the issue.

Breakfast: I know the whole rewards program = free breakfast thing is a little strange, but for a single guy staying alone in a room, it worked out perfectly! The breakfast options were plentiful and provided a much needed energy boost for the day!

Cons:

Food: Other than breakfast, there's really no good options at the Hotel. You do have to go off-site to get food, which is okay. There's options around, they're just a bit of a walk away.

Ice: Ice was only available at the front desk, which was odd and only a slight annoyance.

Overall, I highly recommend the Hyatt Place. A great stay for Fsnime!
On and Off Attendee since 2005!

R.I.P. Fanime 2020 😭

See y'all in 2021!

Konekogami

Hotel- Hilton

First time staying in a hotel connected to the convention center!

Pros
- Staff was super friendly
- Room was comfortable.
- Lighting in the bathroom was like intense.  It was a bit jarring at first, but it was actually great for putting on make up!
- Mini fridge actually did it's job and kept things cold.
- They had this offer where for each day you declined house keeping, you would get a 5 dollar off voucher for their restaurant.   I saved all of them for the last day and treated myself to dinner
-And of course, location. 

Cons

-The elevators broke down on Saturday, I believe? All of them.  So yeah. That was a thing.

- It is a bit of a walk to get to restaurants and such. Though personally I enjoyed the walking.  I know it might be a turn off for some people.

other

I flew in and took a cab from the airport, so I really can't comment on how parking was

All together other than the elevator it was a really pleasant experience!  Would recommend