No updates about when panel submissions for 2020 were live?

Started by Mettatony, November 29, 2019, 08:48:33 AM

Mettatony

On the website it currently states that the panel schedule has already been finalized. But no where on the Fanime Twitter or fanime panels twitter did they ever mention that submissions were even open. Did they announce them somewhere else? I have notifications on for all the Fanime Twitter accounts to try to keep on top of things and this went right by me.

Angelx624

It's way too early for panels to be anywhere near finalized. So it must be there by mistake.

I'm also looking at the site right now, and don't see where it says that anywhere. So they must've removed it once they realized it was there by mistake. :0
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Mettatony

Yeah I thought to too, but on their panels section of the site right now it does say that 2020 panels are already decided.

https://www.fanime.com/panels/

It might be a mistake and I hope it is.

Angelx624

They would not finalize the panel schedule this early. It's definitely a mistake.

They don't even have all the guests for 2020 yet, they can't finalize the schedule til they have all their guests.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

InsaneDavid

Guarantee you that it's all text from last year, with the year simply changed to 2020.  "Deadline for 2020 Panels: March 16, 11:59 pm"  They'll make announcements when it gets closer, usually sometime in January / February.  Fanime Panels Staff are good people, they wouldn't hang you out to dry like that.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Angelx624

Yup. There have also been no panel submission forms posted up for 2020, so there's no way people could've submitted panels already.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

rprieur

Hi everyone,

The information posted saying submissions are closed for 2020 is inaccurate.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I'm afraid that 2019 was replaced with 2020.  We will try to have the site fixed.  We have not yet opened submissions for 2020.  We are in the process of finalizing the forms and hope to have it online by the end of 2019, though it may be as late as January 2020.

Ronna Prieur
Fanime Panels Second 2020

InsaneDavid

Quote from: eiriankageno on December 06, 2019, 10:36:25 PM
Hi everyone,

The information posted saying submissions are closed for 2020 is inaccurate.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I'm afraid that 2019 was replaced with 2020.  We will try to have the site fixed.  We have not yet opened submissions for 2020.  We are in the process of finalizing the forms and hope to have it online by the end of 2019, though it may be as late as January 2020.

Ronna Prieur

Thanks for your response, Fanime Panels staff rock!
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Angelx624

Quote from: eiriankageno on December 06, 2019, 10:36:25 PM
Hi everyone,

Ronna Prieur

Figured. I had a feeling it was just the year that was changed by accident instead of the whole page being made fresh for the next year. :0
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

rprieur

Glad to sort everything out.  They try to remove no longer relevant information when they switch to a new year, but things fall through the cracks. 

I'll try to post here when the form goes live.

Thanks for saying we rock  :D

Ronna Prieur

Angelx624

Yeah, they should make sure they remove all of the past stuff, but at least it's taken care of now.

And thank you. :)
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

rprieur

For those not aware, the panels application for 2020 is now live. 

Ronna Prieur
Fanime Panels 2nd 2020

Angelx624

(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)