Why is December 2019 doing this to me?

Started by Dreamanimeworks1994, December 23, 2019, 02:07:56 AM

Dreamanimeworks1994

Hi people, I know I haven't been on here for a while now but I just need to get this out. I can hardly sleep right now.

So I just noticed that Sword art online : Extra edition on both DVD and Blu-ray and K-ON! limited edition from Sentai filmworks are no longer available on Right stuf.com....

Just why I was looking forward to getting the K-on limited edition and Sentai took my dreams away.... Same for Aniplex too..... They took away my anime dreams. I am still looking for a job and my dreams have been crushed to bits and pieces.... Why does God do this to us? Why can't he give us something to begin with....? Why couldn't he give me the chance? I'm a poor anime fan, and I have little little bit of my own income. My parents say I can't use too much of their money for these limtied editons. And I can't enjoy these animes on my shelf at home with out those limtied edition home media sets. I mean the stuff they come with have items that look like they came from the anime and artbooks that show you all of the character's outfits, items and the lore of the story. I mean these animes hold up to the current day, it dosen't have to be that retro....

What am I going to do if I want to support the creators if I retail no longer sells these limited editions?

Please I need some advice, I am so alone right now and I don't know what to do at a time like this....

echoshadow

Well, sorry about your situation, but don't worry too much.

Being older makes you see the tricks big companies try to push on. Those limited editions are not really 'limited"

Any way, there are a hand full of other stores that carry anime dvd/blurays. Right Stuff is not the only game in town.
There is always eBay, and if need be, Japan's version of eBay. You can easily try there.

As of this post, there are countless of store that have K-On "limited" editions for sale.  And as much as I dislike Sword Art Online, that steaming pile of well... there are tons of "limited" blurays out there. Worry not about that title ever running out.

As for a job, worry about that. Make your own money to buy what you want. Yes those box sets are pricey but if you can wait, their value drops year by year.
Case point: I remember wanting to get Cowboy Bebop Remix box set in bluray. it was one of those "limited editions" in a tin box. At release it was $150. No less then 2 years later I found over 10 or those tin box sets for $40 each.  Now you can get them for $25 in the 'limited edition tin box" LOL
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

The Sea-Faring Otaku

Quote from: echoshadow on December 26, 2019, 12:41:05 AM
Well, sorry about your situation, but don't worry too much.

Being older makes you see the tricks big companies try to push on. Those limited editions are not really 'limited"

Any way, there are a hand full of other stores that carry anime dvd/blurays. Right Stuff is not the only game in town.
There is always eBay, and if need be, Japan's version of eBay. You can easily try there.

As of this post, there are countless of store that have K-On "limited" editions for sale.  And as much as I dislike Sword Art Online, that steaming pile of well... there are tons of "limited" blurays out there. Worry not about that title ever running out.

As for a job, worry about that. Make your own money to buy what you want. Yes those box sets are pricey but if you can wait, their value drops year by year.
Case point: I remember wanting to get Cowboy Bebop Remix box set in bluray. it was one of those "limited editions" in a tin box. At release it was $150. No less then 2 years later I found over 10 or those tin box sets for $40 each.  Now you can get them for $25 in the 'limited edition tin box" LOL

I had this same exact situation with the Monogatari series. At first Aniplex only release them sporadically by each series at a pretty costly penny. Sure enough, a few years later they release ALL of Season 2 in a boxed set 2/3rds the cost of what I'd paid originally. 😫 

It's just the way things go. Just be patient and it'll come around again.  Plus, ya never know when a vendor at a con might have things that are older/out of print.
On and Off Attendee since 2005!

R.I.P. Fanime 2020 😭

See y'all in 2021!

Hachimitsu

it's okay to cry and cannot obtain these things..
This is where Swap meet comes in.
Sometimes you may find something you may like thats better than what others would think..
and sometimes.. you may find something you wanted to have when your a kid.. but the price is affordable because its " heavily used"..

It's okay to feel sorry and depress..but know this.. there are some folks like me and my sister who sell these priceless items to those who wished it so.. Some of our items may be priced high but if your a HUGE HUGE HUGEEEEE fan..i wouldn't mind taking a loss of income and give it to someone happy!..

Case in point.. I sold a large Dragonair PLushie..
Most people were low balling me because they wanted it but this one woman who already has one.. wanted the one I have.. and I gave her a discount because I KNOW she loves to have something like it to actually wrap around her waist.. I can't remember her name but she volunteers for the swap meet.

The worse is when I sold games of pokemon red, yellow and blue and a few GBC devices.. and in the end. THEY RESOLD IT for more than double!..
and I knew for a moment that I was tricked/played with!

AS for the K-ON! limited edition.... I didn't know that existed but HOLY crap that is expensive as hell!!!!
I"ll see if I can find someone I know who is selling it for...erh...less....???