What's the reservation process like?

Started by Azurephoenix01, February 18, 2020, 04:36:36 PM

Azurephoenix01

So, this is my first time planning my trip to Fanime alone. I've never really booked a hotel on my own before, so I'm not quite sure what to expect. I submitted my waitlist reservation earlier this week, so what I'd like to know is how early can I expect to hear back from them? Did I submit too late?

Also, is it worth booking through fanime and waiting as opposed to an external site like hotels.com?

The Sea-Faring Otaku

Quote from: Azurephoenix01 on February 18, 2020, 04:36:36 PM
So, this is my first time planning my trip to Fanime alone. I've never really booked a hotel on my own before, so I'm not quite sure what to expect. I submitted my waitlist reservation earlier this week, so what I'd like to know is how early can I expect to hear back from them? Did I submit too late?

Also, is it worth booking through fanime and waiting as opposed to an external site like hotels.com?

Veteran Fanime Attendee, here. As far as the waitlist goes, from my experience  you'll usually see some activity about a month or so out from the convention, usually when people's schedules firm up and they either confirm or drop out for attending (I'm currently waitlisted for some rooms as well!) If you can't wait, or want to firm things up for good, then an external site is the way to go, but you'll miss out on the convention pricing. FYI, downtown hotels are OUTRAGEOUSLY overpriced (IMO) and you might be better off getting something further out then transiting in.

Hope this helps!
On and Off Attendee since 2005!

R.I.P. Fanime 2020 😭

See y'all in 2021!