Things of a serious nature > Serious Business

Influenza/COVID-19 Concerns

<< < (2/6) > >>

InsaneDavid:
I'm sure at this point it will either be postponed or canceled, but with an event this size everything has to be sewn up behind the scenes before an official announcement can be made.  There are usually vendor and guest contracts (things like GoH announcements) that have to run as usual until explicitly legally reworked.

What I implore attendees NOT to do is get cynical or angry toward FanimeCon or facilities staff before a specific announcement is made.  A FanimeCon cancellation and refund is completely new territory for this event (as it is with many others), and as such its implementation will take time.

I mean, look at how poorly MomoCon has been handling things...

The Sea-Faring Otaku:

--- Quote from: InsaneDavid on March 20, 2020, 11:06:19 AM ---I'm sure at this point it will either be postponed or canceled, but with an event this size everything has to be sewn up behind the scenes before an official announcement can be made.  There are usually vendor and guest contracts (things like GoH announcements) that have to run as usual until explicitly legally reworked.

What I implore attendees NOT to do is get cynical or angry toward FanimeCon or facilities staff before a specific announcement is made.  A FanimeCon cancellation and refund is completely new territory for this event (as it is with many others), and as such its implementation will take time.

I mean, look at how poorly MomoCon has been handling things...

--- End quote ---

Agreed!

This is something the Fanime Staff have yet to run into, and something I've never even encountered in my 10+ years attending the Con. We all need to be patient and wait until the staff are ready to report to us all.

Until then, make whatever choice is right for yourselves.

Mizuki:
Forefront: I am not staff anymore, and do not have any information on what they are planning to do.

As news on this epidemic is still developing, and the future is uncertain, I would wait until they send more information out our ways. Running an event of this size requires a lot of behind-the-scenes talks with the hotels, vendors, convention center, and even the city. If you wish to get a more direct method of contacting staff, try one of these emails here: https://www.fanime.com/about-us/contact-us/

Angelx624:
They issued another statement:

https://www.fanime.com/news/covid-19-update-from-fanimecon-chair/

It seems they are going ahead with the convention unless they are forced to cancel.

EJAY420:
Just read the new update.
Even if it's a go, I'll probably not attend this year.
Just a safety concern. I have no issue waiting till next year.
Do the right thing Fanime, give out those precious refunds.
Plus most fans won't even have $$$ for this years con, since jobs are being lost RN.
Just my opinion.
Be safe everyone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version