electricity-lambs

FanimeCon 2020 Forums

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Refunds?  (Read 1116 times)

AngelWings

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile
Refunds?
« on: March 22, 2020, 10:49:02 AM »

Will you be allowing refunds for members who feel it is unsafe to attend Fanime in the current situation? When/if the convention is cancelled will you be refunding members?

DarkJak2050

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile
Re: Refunds?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 10:01:08 PM »

It makes sense to have the option to give refunds to those who pre-registered for 2020 and need the money to help get through this pandemic. Instead of just straight up transferring it to 2021.

Condolences don't pay the bills and other bare needs for this pandemic.

Angelx624

• Post in the Shell: SAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 02:31:01 AM »

I think I would rather prefer a refund than have my badge rolled over to next year. :/ But it's whatever.
Cosplay List:
Reno (FF7)
Sheeta or Satsuki
Aerith (FF7)
Utatane Piko (Vocaloid)
Kairi (KH3)
Mink (DMMD) - MAYBE

(ノ•ω•)ノ Yay!!

JennyLin

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 07:47:19 AM »

As the event bills itself as selling tickets and not memberships, it is illegal not to offer refunds for this case (cancellation of event) even with the "no refunds" disclaimer. FANIME 2020 is a distinct event to FANIME 2021. Individuals bought tickets for FANIME 2020, not FANIME 2021. The no refunds disclaimer is on the basis that the 2020 event will be happening and by cancelling the 2020 event, the "contract" between the individual and the company that runs the FANIME 2020 event is been broken by the company.

The legalese:
California BPC 22507: "The ticket price of any event which is canceled, postponed, or rescheduled shall be fully refunded to the purchaser by the ticket seller upon request. Any local jurisdiction may require a ticket seller to provide a bond of not more than fifty thousand dollars ($50,000) to provide for any refunds that may be required by this section." (Added by Stats. 1986, Ch. 378, Sec. 1.)

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 24 queries.