Cosplay pole and burlesque show (for fanime 2021)

Started by Ektrix, April 21, 2020, 12:53:24 AM

Ektrix

I've never really posted here so not sure how it works, BUT im throwing the idea of maybe getting a few other people together and doing a cosplay pole/burlesque show for fanime 2021. I have seen them at other cons but Im not totally sure the process on how you submit it to the con( Im guessing the same way you would submit a panel?)

A little about myself, I have been cosplay for over seven years now and doing pole for about 2. This would have been my 8th ever fanime, however life never really seems to go to plan so I guess next year will be 8! I have surprisingly never done a pannel or really been an organized part of the con, but I think it would be really cool to switch it up and start preforming in some way.

Thank you and hopefully some people are interesting in joining!

Kite

This is definitely going to have a lot of red tape wrapped around it.

But I suppose if you're dead serious about this, your best bet would probably be here https://www.fanime.com/panels/fan-events/. Based on the topic of your fan event, it will probably only be allowed at the silver island time slot where only mature themed events are allowed.

I hoped this helped and best of luck.

The Sea-Faring Otaku

Hey, it doesn't hurt to try! More than likely if you get the okay it'd end up as a Silver Island Panel/Event. Good luck! 
On and Off Attendee since 2005!

R.I.P. Fanime 2020 😭

See y'all in 2021!

HunterZero

This sounds familiar to some 18+ panels I've seen hosted at FanimeCon in the past. You can submit as a normal panel (next year) and see if it gets accepted. You might be put in touch with Silver Island as they'll be looking for content, but that's still TBD due to Silver Island still being in the early years.
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

Angelx624

Quote from: HunterZero on May 03, 2020, 06:07:52 PM
This sounds familiar to some 18+ panels I've seen hosted at FanimeCon in the past. You can submit as a normal panel (next year) and see if it gets accepted. You might be put in touch with Silver Island as they'll be looking for content, but that's still TBD due to Silver Island still being in the early years.

Yeah for the past couple years or so I've been part of an 18+ panel. We weren't put in Silver Island but we were put in a late night time slot on Sunday. :(
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

vannabee

I have no dancing experience but I cosplay a character that would be a perfect fit for this theme of you need cosplay volunteers. (Angel Dust from hazbin hotel)