Study on COVID-19 and Anime Conventions - [Complete]

Started by kscrivani, January 10, 2021, 08:34:26 PM

kscrivani

Hello everyone!

My name is Kourtney and I'm a graduate student at the University of Oregon. I'm currently working on a study for my thesis regarding anime conventions and the COVID-19 response in 2020. The aim of the study is to look at how COVID-19 has changed the convention landscape, including responses, reactions, and new changes in the way of virtual cons.

As such, I would like to interview anyone who had planned to attend FanimeCon 2020 about their convention experiences, this last years' changes made due to COVID-19, and ideas about how it might affect anime cons in the future. I'd also like to speak to members who worked on the virtual convention elements for 2020 or any staff members. Interviews will be 20-30 minutes held over Zoom, by appointment. If you are interested, please send me a message so I can provide more details and set up interview times.

Thank you!

QuoteDue to changing time constraints, the interview process has changed to a survey but includes all of the same questions as the interview process. Any information from these surveys is confidential and not shared with anyone. It will not take any information aside from responses and only the researcher, myself, will have access.

If you are still interested in participation, I've moved the questions to a google survey here so that it's easy to access the questions.

Just wanted to update you all that the study research is now finished. Thank you to everyone who took part!
Kourtney Scrivani
MA Student - Asian Studies
University of Oregon

FilthyRevenant

Can I join, please? I would like to know in what way do you intend to interview, like if you're gonna interview one by one or by group.

kscrivani

Quote from: rIuVnnAeNr on January 10, 2021, 10:11:20 PM
Can I join, please? I would like to know in what way do you intend to interview, like if you're gonna interview one by one or by group.

I sent you a DM, but I'll also answer here in case others have the same question!

I plan to do interviews online, likely through Zoom, Discord, or another program. They are done one-on-one without others and at your convenience with your comfort in mind.
Kourtney Scrivani
University of Oregon

Amanojaku

Quote from: kscrivani on January 10, 2021, 10:50:24 PM
Quote from: rIuVnnAeNr on January 10, 2021, 10:11:20 PM

I sent you a DM, but I'll also answer here in case others have the same question!

I plan to do interviews online, likely through Zoom, Discord, or another program. They are done one-on-one without others and at your convenience with your comfort in mind.

I am interested :)
FanimeCon attended: 17 times
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MrAmanojaku
https://www.last.fm/user/Mramanojaku

KayaRogoyski

Hi!!! I was originally going to staff for Fanime 2020 last year. I also attended Crunchyroll Expo virtually last year and was one of the cosplay finalists for the Cosplay Cup so I have some experience in terms of how that was handled both before and during the event. I'd be pleased to talk to you about my experiences. (I have a 4 year old daughter so we'll have to schedule the call/Zoom session). You can reach me at [email protected] or [email protected].

kscrivani

Quote from: Amanojaku on January 13, 2021, 04:43:27 PM

I am interested :)

Thank you, I've sent you a message with more information!

Quote from: KayaRogoyski on January 13, 2021, 05:36:05 PM

Hi! I've also sent a message over to you as well, but I'll also reach out to your emails as well! :) Thanks!
Kourtney Scrivani
University of Oregon

GordyBon

Hello. I will be very happy to help with this research. Write me a private message or email me here: [email protected]
Also, you can find scholarship opportunities, according to the USA studying.

kscrivani

Quote from: GordyBon on January 28, 2021, 04:17:37 AM
Hello. I will be very happy to help with this research. Write me a private message or email me here: [email protected]

Hi! Thanks for your interest, I went ahead and sent you a DM with more information. :)
Kourtney Scrivani
University of Oregon

HunterZero

Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

kscrivani

Kourtney Scrivani
University of Oregon

Hachimitsu

i kinda wanna volunteer but I am sorry this response is very very late!....
I'll dm ya

volunteered for the Screening room and artist/dealers halls

Heavysauce555

I would also like to volunteer for a interview if its still available! I sent in my application to be staff at the convention, but since COVID hit I knew it wasn't happening. Would love to give an imput!

Nina Star 9

If you're still looking, I've been going to cons for nearly two decades now and was both a Cosplay Cup finalist and a panelist at V-CRX last year, and I'd be happy to give my input

You can email me: fabrickind at gmail

kscrivani

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on February 25, 2021, 01:53:14 AM

Quote from: Heavysauce555 on March 10, 2021, 12:47:20 PM

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on March 20, 2021, 08:07:23 PM

Hello everyone! Sorry for the delayed response and thank you for your patience! The last few weeks of school got really busy.

If you are still interested in participation, I've moved the questions to a google survey here so that its easy to access the questions.

As with the other information, this is only accessible by myself and you can remain anonymous on the form as it does not require sign-ins and will not take any information aside from what you put into it. If you have any questions or concerns at all, please e-mail me at [email protected] or DM me here!
Kourtney Scrivani
University of Oregon