FanimeCon 2021 Forums

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fanime 2021. Still no info? No refund info? No deferments? Anything?  (Read 1039 times)

ZombieK

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile

Alright. So this was posted in the news section last year

"Those that have pre-registered for FanimeCon will have their tickets automatically deferred to 2021. A confirmation for FanimeCon 2021 will be sent out prior to the launch date, in Fall of 2020."

People complained about no info coming out plus no one has gotten any refunds .
Yet for some reason that thread seems to be missing on the forums like the mods deleted it or something hummm weird.

Might be a better idea to have a discussion with your customers since you promised updates instead of just deleting the thread.

Its been a full year since you have gotten peoples money.
Its time for an answer.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 09:57:54 PM by ZombieK »

Angelx624

• Post in the Shell: SAC
    • View Profile
Re: Fanime 2021. Still no info? No refund info? No deferments? Anything?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 08:06:35 PM »

I agree. I'd like my $85 back, Fanime. :/ Especially if there is no 2021 con(which, let's face it, there likely won't be).
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 01:53:29 AM by Angelx624 »
Cosplay List:
Reno (FF7R)
Kairi (KH2)
Sophie Hatter
Venti (Genshin Impact)
Accelerator

(ノ•ω•)ノ Yay!!

novaks47

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 05:00:39 PM »

The lack of communication is absurd. I've been checking here, their twitter and facebook pages, and nothing. I'm sure it's not happening this year, as other events at the convention center at around the same time have all been postponed until later this year, or outright cancelled, however, some sort of official communication would be appreciated. If it's not happening this year at all, then I to shall seek a refund. I didn't mind the money being tied up until this year, but no more than that.

anarchycupcake

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 07:54:06 PM »

I just checked, and it looks like all the posts on this forum discussing what was going to happen with Fanime this year have been deleted. I know for a fact that there was one in the General Convention Discussion sub-forum (I participated in it) where we speculated over the past few months whether Fanime was going to be postponed again and one in the suggestions sub-forum where a user suggested possibly pushing Fanime out to late summer or fall to allow for more vaccine distribution. Both are now gone. I can only speculate as to why, but I sincerely hope it's not because people were asking for refunds.

I understand that the situation is extremely fluid right now as the Coronavirus situation changes rapidly and that the Fanime staff may not have a lot of information themselves. But the complete lack of communication is not the right way to go about this. Even if your update was just that you don't have an update or that you're working to assess whether a con is going to be possible this year, it would help us keep the faith while we wait. Radio silence like this is just making people jump to the worst possible conclusions.

I love Fanime and plan to go as soon as its safe to - whether that's this year or next year. I know things are really tough right now and you're probably facing a lot of hard decisions. But I would urge you to reconsider your decision to keep quiet, Fanime staff.

Angelx624

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2021, 08:45:55 PM »

Same, I didn't mind the deferring to this year, however, two years in a row of no convention and no badge refund is.... bad. Really bad.

Yeah, I made a thread suggesting the con get moved to later in the year if it's safe because then they could keep their promise of a 2021 con and not have those who pre-registered upset at them for holding their money.

Fanime, you can delete our threads all you want, I will still demand a refund if there is absolutely no 2021 con.
Cosplay List:
Reno (FF7R)
Kairi (KH2)
Sophie Hatter
Venti (Genshin Impact)
Accelerator

(ノ•ω•)ノ Yay!!

ZombieK

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2021, 08:57:26 AM »

Im sure alot of people want refunds which I can see why with the lack of funds going around for everyone due to corona virus
But for me I don't care about the money its the lack of communication that is disrespectful.
I don't see how fanime can get away with acting like this to long time fans [ie the people who buy tickets in January] alot of big cons were forced to refund due to backlash if they tried to hold the money without an option to refund.

Its going to get to the point where someone is sick of this and goes to twitter or 7 on your side  ;) ;) :-X

Its because yall refuse to say even one word about this its been 9 months since your last news post.

Completely Disrespectful.
Thats how I felt before yall even deleted the thread which makes you Completely Disgusting in terms of PR.

You made the promise to communicate in the fall of last year.

Well? Get on with it.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 09:07:38 AM by ZombieK »

svatoid

• Maria-sama ga Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2021, 02:53:57 PM »

Just announced. Fanime 2021 will be virtual. People who paid for fanime 2020 will have their ticket deferred to fanime 2022. They will also be able to attend the virtual fanime 2021. Check out the fanime website for the official announcement

ZombieK

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2021, 07:18:12 PM »

Saw that.

Pretty late to announce something that was so obvious huge failure to not communicate with people who paid early by at least saying we will announce something when we have a better idea.

Like I said I personally don't care about a refund but it is ridiculous to not offer it to people who need it as some people are still hurting for money at the moment.

Virtual cons just are not the same.
See you in 2022 (maybe) santa clara will be the last to reopen.

Angelx624

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2021, 08:47:38 PM »

Well, there's always the option to email them and explain how other people BESIDES THEM are hurting for money. :/
Cosplay List:
Reno (FF7R)
Kairi (KH2)
Sophie Hatter
Venti (Genshin Impact)
Accelerator

(ノ•ω•)ノ Yay!!

ZombieK

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2021, 12:55:00 PM »

Yeah. Some people mentioned in the last thread they contacted and got denied refunds  :P

Angelx624

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2021, 03:52:16 AM »

That was before Fanime 2021 went down the drain. Someone mentioned on Discord that you can email them now requesting one.
Cosplay List:
Reno (FF7R)
Kairi (KH2)
Sophie Hatter
Venti (Genshin Impact)
Accelerator

(ノ•ω•)ノ Yay!!

InsaneDavid

• Mokkori Cosplay
  • Steel Angel Post
  • Old School Gathering Host / Vintage Anime Panels
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2021, 02:56:42 PM »

As per a comment on Facebook from FanimeCon to a comment on their announcement post about 2021 virtual / 2022 rollover -

"Please send your refund request to feedback@fanime.com and include your registration information (full name, e-mail, and confirmation number)."

Personally I'm fine with advance funding a convention that has given so much to me over the years.  However I know that's absolutely not everyone and at this point you should have a choice.

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Angelx624

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2021, 08:07:02 PM »

Personally I've decided to let my badge roll over, but I just like that there's the option to refund in the case someone cannot make it to Fanime 2022.
Cosplay List:
Reno (FF7R)
Kairi (KH2)
Sophie Hatter
Venti (Genshin Impact)
Accelerator

(ノ•ω•)ノ Yay!!

Hachimitsu-ink

• Inu-Posta
    • View Profile
I haven't been in this page since 2018!!!
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2021, 02:12:04 AM »

SO yeah I am at a point where I was happy to volunteer and help the Fan made fanime con virtual con on discord.. and that was kinda fun but abit...abysmal :_;..

Crunchy roll did a better job hosting their convention and it was more fun!...
as for sacanime.. they were "careful" ( I hope in terms of CARELESSNESS), reducing the entire convention into nothing more than a giant dealers hall + Autograph section.. so theres no panels and screen rooms.. so.. it was abit...difficult to enjoy.. safety wise..is there..just.. they havent done screen checking at all tobegin with!...but there were people who did show up with masks..and...near the end of the convention.. ( Without masks)

So that was an issue ;_;!...

I don't know how fanime is doing a virtual con version but they should have planned and make something like this before.
The fans of discord did their personal best, but again this WAS their best to offer some ideas of a limited (fan) fun convention!

....but for fanime to not respond BACk at all was a huge huge shock which I can take a hint that they must have been hit very hard.

You canot blame fanime staff for being this disorganized, they had this planned out but they thought the pandemic wouldn't be this of an issue until it happens. By the time May happens, MAny people did lost their jobs (And their homes)
So I can feel and share their pain!

ON THE BRIGHTSIDE::
they finally have some annoucement regarding about 2021... and its nice its going to be virtual.. but lets see how they do their best to perform....

otherwise we still got discord...right?

Angelx624

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2021, 08:50:02 PM »

Yeah, the pandemic lasting this long wasn't what we expected. We had hoped that we would be able to return to Fanime this year.

It's been hard on all of us, mentally and financially. As long as Virtual Fanime is decent, and knowing that Fanime 2022 is likely, letting my badge roll over again is a decision I'm willing to make at this point.

(But deleting threads regarding ideas for Fanime 2021 and stuff like that was not a wise decision on their part. In all honesty that was kinda rude.....)
Cosplay List:
Reno (FF7R)
Kairi (KH2)
Sophie Hatter
Venti (Genshin Impact)
Accelerator

(ノ•ω•)ノ Yay!!

ZombieK

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile
Re: I haven't been in this page since 2018!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2021, 09:40:54 AM »

You canot blame fanime staff for being this disorganized, they had this planned out but they thought the pandemic wouldn't be this of an issue until it happens. By the time May happens, MAny people did lost their jobs (And their homes)
So I can feel and share their pain!

Oh I can blame them and I will.

If you read this thread I already said they told us last year there would be an update in the fall.
If they knew the first thing about PR and have no idea what is going to happen just say there is no announcement at this time because things with covid are changing month by month.

But no they decided not to do that and delete threads asking for an update of some kind in December.

Completely unprofessional.
Not even one thing said let alone an apology
If they can delete threads they sure can respond to them.

But then again by now this point is moot as we have some kind of an update.

Still rubbed me the wrong way as previously to this I never had anything bad to say about the convention in the last 10 or so years I have been going.

Angelx624

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2021, 06:55:05 PM »

Yeahhh other conventions at least stated if they were just waiting to see how things played out. That's better than no word at all.
Cosplay List:
Reno (FF7R)
Kairi (KH2)
Sophie Hatter
Venti (Genshin Impact)
Accelerator

(ノ•ω•)ノ Yay!!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 36 queries.