Virtual Panels?

Started by anarchycupcake, March 12, 2021, 11:51:41 AM

anarchycupcake

I'm interested in possibly hosting a virtual panel for Fanime 2021. Does anyone know if/when information about hosting will be released? Has anyone reached out or been contacted about hosting their previously approved panels this year?

HunterZero

I believe FanimeCon is still working on figuring out the details for this year. I have zero doubt that they'll announce once they're ready.
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

anarchycupcake

Fort those who may have also been wondering, the FanimeCon Panels Twitter posted this shortly after I made this post:

"Hello everyone!  We are hard at work getting the Panels website and submission form up and running for virtual FanimeCon.  It should go live within the next few days. Stay tuned and thank you for your patience so far."

So it looks like we'll get an announcement soon!

Glitch

I'm just wondering what exactly is the format they want us to follow gonna be. Some cons will simply just host from the Twitch stream of the panelist while others want a pre-recorded video sent in advanced.

As well as what we are allowed to do and how to do it.

VirginiaDickens

Ahem, I should try, thanks for the answer.

anarchycupcake

Quote from: Glitch on March 16, 2021, 04:49:19 AM
I'm just wondering what exactly is the format they want us to follow gonna be. Some cons will simply just host from the Twitch stream of the panelist while others want a pre-recorded video sent in advanced.

As well as what we are allowed to do and how to do it.

I'm wondering this too. My panel is a game show, so a pre-recorded video might not be feasible.

Glitch

so info on panels is now up (the submission form is yet to go up).
So looks like it will be via zoom although you can submit a pre-recorded video.
https://www.fanime.com/panels/?fbclid=IwAR0Bd4K4dPtOmX3l_7FCDpa1x-iSe0NuI-beofl05e7kc-zqPlvlQpr3KU8

InsaneDavid

Quote from: Glitch on April 11, 2021, 02:25:53 PM
so info on panels is now up (the submission form is yet to go up).
So looks like it will be via zoom although you can submit a pre-recorded video.
https://www.fanime.com/panels/?fbclid=IwAR0Bd4K4dPtOmX3l_7FCDpa1x-iSe0NuI-beofl05e7kc-zqPlvlQpr3KU8

Yup... I'm postponing until 2022, just doesn't work for me with a virtual configuration.  Props to Fanime for offering something this year though!
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Angelx624

Yeah, if I had plans to do a panel with friends this year, we likely would not be doing a virtual one.

That being said, I look forward to when we can have in person panels again!
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

anarchycupcake

Just submitted my application. It won't be quite the same as it is in person, but hopefully I can make it work via Zoom.