FanimeCon Events and Discussionmentarianism > Hotel and Facilities

2022 Hotel Questions

<< < (2/2)

InsaneDavid:

--- Quote from: Angelx624 on January 19, 2022, 09:28:02 PM ---Seems like as of today all hotels are already booked? Is that even possible? Or did they only have a certain number of rooms available for today's booking windows and only those are booked?

Just kinda worried since my group can't book til tomorrow.

--- End quote ---

I noticed today that availability was changing window to window and then every few minutes within a window.  I had 10am today (Wednesday) and 10 minutes before my block opened everything went unavailable.  Then it was really hard to find anything for maybe 10 minutes, then I was able to book Marriott (not my first choice).  Got the reservation taken care of, then reloaded the page every 5 minutes or so until I saw Hilton was available (what I wanted), and changed my reservation on the site.

I've also seen on the unofficial facebook group that someone reserved a single day at an outlier hotel, then called to get waitlisted immediately.  Within the hour CMR called them back with their preferred hotel booking.

Angelx624:

--- Quote from: InsaneDavid on January 19, 2022, 10:07:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: Angelx624 on January 19, 2022, 09:28:02 PM ---Seems like as of today all hotels are already booked? Is that even possible? Or did they only have a certain number of rooms available for today's booking windows and only those are booked?

Just kinda worried since my group can't book til tomorrow.

--- End quote ---

I noticed today that availability was changing window to window and then every few minutes within a window.  I had 10am today (Wednesday) and 10 minutes before my block opened everything went unavailable.  Then it was really hard to find anything for maybe 10 minutes, then I was able to book Marriott (not my first choice).  Got the reservation taken care of, then reloaded the page every 5 minutes or so until I saw Hilton was available (what I wanted), and changed my reservation on the site.

I've also seen on the unofficial facebook group that someone reserved a single day at an outlier hotel, then called to get waitlisted immediately.  Within the hour CMR called them back with their preferred hotel booking.

--- End quote ---
Thank you! This helps clear things up, just gotta wait and see tomorrow now.

novaks47:
Yep, happens every year. You won't really know what's available until your block comes up. If you don't get your preffered hotel, contact CMR and get on a waitlist. We've got a ways to go before the convention, and people will cancel in the meantime. In 2019 I got my preffered hotel about two weeks before the con, really had me worried for a bit there, lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version