Refund or Badge Rollover to 2023?

Started by God91125, May 01, 2022, 12:24:16 PM

God91125

Hello I've sent several emails and haven't gotten a response back.

My partner and I got badges for Fanime 2020 which due to covid we're roled ovwr to 2021 and now 2022.

However it seems that Fanime 2022 is missing so many features like music fest, masquerade and even the FMV contest is it possible to rollover our badges to 2023?

My wife and I also still do not feel safe going to Fanime due to covid restrictions and how many people attend. But also the fact that we paid full price but it seems we are only getting half of a conventions worth.

Would like a response, thank you.

I have now sent 3 emails and am now going to post on the forums.and twitter so I can get a response.

bluebomber

Fanime has your money, so they don't care about you now.

jubeininja69

it's July and still no refunds or response

keiko.

I'm still waiting for my refund too. Decided to jump on the forums and make some noise. I emailed them many months ago to request a refund and they said they'd process it after the convention. I've emailed them twice since Fanime ended and again, no response. Their website says they are "backed up" in requests, but interesting how they responded pretty damn fast BEFORE the convention (when they're probably BUSY getting ready for the convention) asking if I'd like to DONATE my ticket instead, and I declined and they said okay, wait until early June. It's July and now they are not responding at all, after the convention has been over.... :/ I'm trying to be patient but this is my ticket and money from 2020 they are holding hostage!

ZombieK

Have been super patient and still haven't received a response either.
:'(

JimTobal

I'm in the same boat as everyone else on here; sent numerous e-mails to both their covidrequests and help e-mails with no response to any of them (in a chain now stretching back a little over two months).

I've sent one last e-mail today and if I don't hear back, I think I'm going to have to go down the chargeback route as well. I do still want to go but they don't seem to be making it easy!

keiko.

Has anyone heard from Fanime or their banks yet? I'm still waiting on my boyfriend to contact the bank since we used his card to buy the tickets so he's really slacking haha I still hadn't received any emails from Fanime. I really don't understand how they aren't at least giving an update of some sort, even if it means waiting longer, we just want to know what's going on! :(

JimTobal

Not a peep here. Seeing as I've been trying for three months now, I'm also going to reach out to my bank after the holiday.

jubeininja69

contacting my credit card to resolve this. almost 4 months without a peep from them is a huge FU to us.

JimTobal

I have now done the same - my claim is in the system

Lan Moore

They told me i should have contacted them  by May 29, 2022 when i have been emailing them since February 2022. I thought Con was short for CONvention not CON artists

JimTobal

I sent through my feedback yesterday after confirming at the venue I was not able to attend (or get any kind of refund). For me, the biggest issue I've had overall here has been around comms in certain areas (or lack of it).

I'm not sure if I'll be coming back (or if I'll be allowed back, policy-wise) but at the very least I'm hoping that feedback is useful to the organizers to try and give a good experience to the attendees.