SWAP MEET 2023 OFFICIAL INFORMATION THREAD

Started by Zelyhon, February 04, 2023, 07:35:46 AM

Zelyhon

Hello everyone!  Swap Meet will be happening this year at Fanime, for the first time since the Pandemic began!  I am, once again, your Swap Meet head this year and will be trying to stay on top of this thread to answer any questions people may have.  We're still getting some of the fine details locked in, but I expect it to be both similar to previous years, with some key differences.

-SWAP MEET WILL BE BADGED ON THURSDAY NIGHT:

This is probably the main big thing I want to let people know about as soon as possible.  Previously, Swap Meet was unbadged on Thursday night, so people would not need to pick up their badges prior to coming to Swap Meet.  That is not the case this year.  Your badge will be required, both for sellers, and for attendees, prior to be admitted to Swap Meet.

-SWAP MEET WILL FOLLOW THE SAME MASKING REQUIREMENTS AS THE MAIN CONVENTION CENTER:

To the best of my understanding at this time, that means that all people in Swap Meet, including attendees, sellers, and staff, will be required to be properly masked the entire time.  You may be allowed to remove your mask for brief moments while actively eating and drinking, but will have to put it back on right afterwords. 

Those are some of the main differences.  Here's a lot of the things that are the same:

-Swap Meet spaces will be a 14' by 6' space of floor.  While chairs may be used for sitting, you may not use tables, racks, displays, or other furniture like that for your merchandise.

-Swap Meet 2023 will once again be held in SOUTH HALL, the big tent-like building behind the convention center.  Go out the East side of the convention center (the Marriott side) and take a right.  It's very hard to miss.

-Swap Meet 2023 will be held on Thursday, May 25 from 7:30 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. and on Friday, May 26 from 8:00 p.m.to 1:00 a.m. (times potentially subject to some modification)

-Check-in for Sellers will begin about an hour and a half to two hours before doors open to the public.

-As usual with South Hall, no amplified music or sound.

I will be keeping an eye on this thread, so feel free to post any questions or thoughts here!
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

themalletofjustice

Zelyhon

Correct.  We are still ironing out some of the details related to Swap Meet and getting things ready.  Once we have all that finalized, we'll let everyone know as far ahead of sign-ups as we can.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

Zelyhon

I don't know if anyone still checks here as opposed to Facebook or other sites, but Swap Meet registration has been announced as starting on Saturday, April 29 at noon.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

SkylerKarashi

Hi there, I've been attending a long time, and thought about getting a spot before, but I've never really had enough to sell to justify myself. XD but as a quick couple of questions, to spots fill up quick? And what's the fee to get a spot? Thank you!
My Cosplay For Fanime 2024:
Thursday: Closet Kaminari/Yuri (BNHA/Yuri On Ice)
Friday: Goth (Boyfriends)
Saturday: Red (Pokemon & Smash Bros)
Sunday: Casual Kaminari (BNHA)
Monday: Goth (Boyfriends)

Ecchi ja Nai

Will the spots be assigned ahead of time, or are they issued on a first-come first-served basis like the last few swap meets?

Ashe

The box size for the adult materials sounds really specific. Is this the standard size for an X quart bin or something? I would like recommendations for the box if possible.

thepharaohinleather

Personally, the last time I sold with an adult box, I just used a bankers box that had "ADULT CONTENT 18+" written all over it and it was fine. I don't think anyone checked the dimensions of my box, I think the sizing is mainly a guideline for the amount they want to limit you selling at swap meet, but that's just my theory esp cause the dimensions they list are a bit odd.
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

Devi 1313

Hello, I've been seeing people discussing on facebook what is and isn't allowed to bring our stuff in, like dollies and large suitcases. If we have a folding cart that we plan to put our boxes on is that allowed?
Fanime 2023:
Wario
Eda Clawthorne Season 1 & 2
Reagan Ridley

https://www.facebook.com/Devi1313

thepharaohinleather

This is something that gets discussed every year because they put that in the rules but then I always see people with those things anyway. I've brought large suitcases and small dollies before myself without issue. I think those things within reasonable size should be okay, because otherwise I'm not sure how they want us to transport our things if we bring more than a single tub of items.

EDIT: I just received an email with some info about this, apparently dollies and carts are allowed up to the doors of the South Hall but are not allowed inside. So you can use them from your car and in line but will have to manually carry things once you get checked in basically. This is frustrating for the people who end up being located in the back of the hall since it's such a far walk to carry all your things. It does also say only "Rolling dollies, carts, wagons, and other similar items are not allowed inside" but does not specifically mention regular suitcases, so that might be a good method if available to you as far as moving things inside.
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again