Playing...to Win? A Fighting Game Panel (Approved)

Started by Mizuki, April 20, 2023, 05:17:13 PM

Mizuki

Time: Saturday 9:00PM to 10:30PM

Hosting my first panel with a topic that is near and dear to my heart: Fighting Games

Open to all those who are interested in Fighting Games, either as a competitive or casual player, viewer, or someone with an interest in getting into them!

With the rise of Fighting Games becoming more popular again and new releases in the near future, I thought it would be an appropriate time to host a panel about them. Armed with decades of experience as a player, commentator, and mentor I've not only just experienced the competitive side of Fighting Games, but also as a more casual player in my most recent years.

I'll go over how to formulate more reasonable goals for yourself in a healthy manner, present alternatives to just grinding for a tournament win, how to look deep into yourself to find skill sets you have from other life experiences that are transferable and vice versa, and many more topics, and personal anecdotes and stories. The last half hour will be open for questions.

The panel is recommended years 16 and older, there will probably be some occasional swearing, mature topics (life, mental health, and the likes), and I may even get a tad emotional (so if you're sensitive to that pack some tissues).