any one like HACK! just talk abou it :-)

Started by ranma12, July 21, 2004, 01:43:25 PM

ZJCitrusGraffiti

QuoteI watched 23 episodes of hack//sign, but couldn't finish it. Moved too slow for me, storyline wasn't for my type.

You only needed 2 more epi to "finish" the series!! You were/are sooo close! And isn't anime great that way?... There's different anime to fit all peoples' tastes and no-one should put you down for it, ne?  :D  If you don't have a fave anime(series or style/genre) yet, there's lots more to try out.

And yeah, it was real hard to hear what Morganna was saying most/all of the time... but that would be when I'd quickly put on the subtitles and understand her that way. Otherwise, the dub was better than good, imo, but not great... (what's "perfect" anyway?) Being that I'm seemingly poor, since I get my anime from good ol' TV and thus dubbed, that is how I first am introduced to a series... And if THAT doesn't catch my attention, why would I think that hearing in Japanese would give it a better chance of my liking it? Then again, I could/will argue that whichever version of a series I see first (sub or dub) will be considered the "standard" for its own series. ....Having taken japanese in college, my sensei told us all that the japanese speak in a round-about way. That is to say, they don't get to the point of their statements right away. Which is why I like english for its bluntness. But for the dub to get to the points quicker, I felt there were a lot of filler dialogue that wasn't neccessary, so I'll agree with both of you there.

I say I'm "poor" because I don't d/l my own anime off the internet. No job whose paychecks i can use to buy them DVRs and "burn" my endless library of unlicensed fansubbed anime. Lucky you guys. (if you're sensing sarcasm, you'd be wrong) As I wrote in "guests I'd like to see in 2005", I typed in Wendee Lee and Brad Swaile for english voice actors... I don't have anything against the japanese ones. I just feel the english ones are under-represtented...

I love Tsukasa's english voice actor/actress... I still don't know who it is. Does anyone know? (a list of other works by the same VA would be appreciated) ^^;;

Since I'm basing my current opinions of .hack//SIGN from having watching it on CN when it used to run, they may be a bit off... I'm assuming the BGM is the same in both versions. That's another aspect that got me hooked. I loved the music and would like to find a .hack//SIGN CD that has the better known songs/music from it. (but just one, tho.)

Of the SIGN DVD series, I only have vol.3, 4, and 6... And it won't be until i get the other 3 before I re-watch the series.

.hack PS2  :?:
How would you list all the .hack stuff in all four games?
- Infection
- Mutation
- Outbreak
- Quarantine
THEN
- Liminality?
...Liminality is the OVA, right? If a part of Liminality is in all 4 parts(i don't know if it is), why not just call ALL of the PS2 games Liminality? Or is the OVA known by their individual cases they contain? (1st: Mai Minase Case, etc.) Any help is greatly appreciated. And if I happen to have angered anybody, I'm sorry.  :oops:

Chloe

ZJCitrusGraffiti:  I know where you could have gotten all 4 games for about $20 dollars each. =)
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

ZJCitrusGraffiti

You mean a place that's not online? Good! I, myself, can't drive yet so i have very few limited places where i can go myself and I prefer to see them "in person" so I know what I'm getting.  :D  By all means, tell me where it is? Thanks.

Chloe

ZJCitrusGraffiti:  Yup.  They're not online.  I wouldn't trust online either, heh heh.  Well, it's at a card shop called SuperStars.  It's in Cupertino around Valco the mall.  Here's their site: http://superstarsnet.com/  You won't find the games online because it's in their USED GAME section.  I hope you wouldn't mind that they're used...  I wouldn't but everyone is different.  I hope that helps you. =)

Suspicious

Quote from: "Chloe"ZJCitrusGraffiti:  Yup.  They're not online.  I wouldn't trust online either, heh heh.  Well, it's at a card shop called SuperStars.  It's in Cupertino around Valco the mall.  Here's their site: http://superstarsnet.com/  You won't find the games online because it's in their USED GAME section.  I hope you wouldn't mind that they're used...  I wouldn't but everyone is different.  I hope that helps you. =)

I go to school right near there o.o *goes visits*
»Jrock Con »LJ »MySpace »Website

Mordyan

Quote from: "ZJCitrusGraffiti"I love Tsukasa's english voice actor/actress... I still don't know who it is. Does anyone know? (a list of other works by the same VA would be appreciated) ^^;;

Here is a cool web site that lists many voice actors:

http://www.crystalacids.com/database/

And here is the info on the actress who did Tsukasa's voice.

http://www.crystalacids.com/database/actor/siddall_brianne.html

ZJCitrusGraffiti

QuoteZJCitrusGraffiti: Yup. They're not online. I wouldn't trust online either, heh heh. Well, it's at a card shop called SuperStars. It's in Cupertino around Valco the mall. Here's their site: http://superstarsnet.com/ You won't find the games online because it's in their USED GAME section. I hope you wouldn't mind that they're used... I wouldn't but everyone is different. I hope that helps you. =)

I actually found all four games(w/prev. mentioned prices) in two different stores at the Great Mall.  :(  What I look for when possibly buying a game is IF it still has it's original game manual. And for being .hack, I'd also look for if it has LIMINALITY (*assuming it's ok to "yell" names since it's supposed to be in all caps ^^;;) I thank you very much for giving me a place to go visit.  :)  I'll go take a look-see when I can. And now that I've browsed the site a bit and found the .hack TCG, I wanted to ask... which one of you have actually bought the game/cards? Did you buy them to play or just for the pictures? How many cards are there total? Being that they are not as popular as Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic: The Gathering seem to be, is there a definite "end" to the card-collecting? If there is, then I may start finding/buying them as well.

QuoteZJCitrusGraffiti wrote:
I love Tsukasa's english voice actor/actress... I still don't know who it is. Does anyone know? (a list of other works by the same VA would be appreciated) ^^;;

Here is a cool web site that lists many voice actors:

http://www.crystalacids.com/database/

And here is the info on the actress who did Tsukasa's voice.

http://www.crystalacids.com/database/actor/siddall_brianne.html

WOW! THANX! *looks up Tsukasa's VA* And it's a girl/female!!! O_O! Upon viewing her alias' lists, I NOW know she's even done Tanya's voice in the Battle Athletes OVA! (but comparing the two voices, I like Tsukasa's better)  :D  And now knowing the voice actress, I can't help but also request for her to be one of our guests for Fanime. *becomes giddy*
6_6! Do I look odd to you? *runs away*

EDIT: btw, how can you put the poster's name before their direct quote post and have it in bold type?

Chloe

Quote from: "ZJCitrusGraffiti"
QuoteZJCitrusGraffiti: Yup. They're not online. I wouldn't trust online either, heh heh. Well, it's at a card shop called SuperStars. It's in Cupertino around Valco the mall. Here's their site: http://superstarsnet.com/ You won't find the games online because it's in their USED GAME section. I hope you wouldn't mind that they're used... I wouldn't but everyone is different. I hope that helps you. =)

I actually found all four games(w/prev. mentioned prices) in two different stores at the Great Mall.  :(  What I look for when possibly buying a game is IF it still has it's original game manual. And for being .hack, I'd also look for if it has LIMINALITY (*assuming it's ok to "yell" names since it's supposed to be in all caps ^^;;) I thank you very much for giving me a place to go visit.  :)  I'll go take a look-see when I can. And now that I've browsed the site a bit and found the .hack TCG, I wanted to ask... which one of you have actually bought the game/cards? Did you buy them to play or just for the pictures? How many cards are there total? Being that they are not as popular as Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic: The Gathering seem to be, is there a definite "end" to the card-collecting? If there is, then I may start finding/buying them as well.

Reply:

I have bought the first season of the .Hack//ENEMY.  It's pretty cool, the second set has the .Hack//GIFT cards... Me so want... I play card games such as MTG, L5R, and some others, and I love to learn new ones.  I bought them mainly for play.  If you're interested in the card game itself, you might want to check up on their producer, Decipher.

Here's the site:

http://www.decipher.com/dothack/

I'm sure your answers will be all within their site. =)
I haven't played much into the game... So, I hope the site helps you.

ZJCitrusGraffiti

Quote from: "Chloe"I have bought the first season of the .Hack//ENEMY. It's pretty cool, the second set has the .Hack//GIFT cards... Me so want... I play card games such as MTG, L5R, and some others, and I love to learn new ones. I bought them mainly for play. If you're interested in the card game itself, you might want to check up on their producer, Decipher.

Here's the site:

Thank you soo very, verry MUCH!!  \*^_^*/  It did answer my all my questions! Even answered questions I didn't even THINK of asking yet. (clue in on that later...)

After researching online, I've come to ask(for confirmation only):
There are ONLY 3 OAV DVDs, right? (i had thought there were only 3 to begin with) What does the 4th PS2 game have as an added bonus? another OAV? A site or two suggests that GIFT is in the 4th game subbed.

(taken from site)
"The premium cards in GIFT feature art included in the comical and very rare DVD short that was given to consumers as a “gift” for purchasing all four of the PS2 Games. GIFT was also included as an added feature in the United States PS2 game release titled “.hack//QUARANTINE - vol.4.” "

That paragraph confused me... Does it mean to say that GIFT is included in said item? Or that GIFT is in .hack//QUARANTINE? I've looked and something titled .hack//Liminality Vol. 4: Trismegistus seems to be the "added bonus disk".... Can anyone clarify?

One last question(only to those that it applies to): IF you hadn't seen SIGN first, but were introduced to one of .hack's later incarnations/series, would you still be as fascinated/"crazy" in "The World" as you are now? I can guess even imagining that can be impossible, so a similar experience with another series can be a substitute for the question at hand.

Chloe

Quote from: "ZJCitrusGraffiti"
Quote from: "Chloe"I have bought the first season of the .Hack//ENEMY. It's pretty cool, the second set has the .Hack//GIFT cards... Me so want... I play card games such as MTG, L5R, and some others, and I love to learn new ones. I bought them mainly for play. If you're interested in the card game itself, you might want to check up on their producer, Decipher.

Here's the site:

Thank you soo very, verry MUCH!!  \*^_^*/  It did answer my all my questions! Even answered questions I didn't even THINK of asking yet. (clue in on that later...)

After researching online, I've come to ask(for confirmation only):
There are ONLY 3 OAV DVDs, right? (i had thought there were only 3 to begin with) What does the 4th PS2 game have as an added bonus? another OAV? A site or two suggests that GIFT is in the 4th game subbed.

(taken from site)
"The premium cards in GIFT feature art included in the comical and very rare DVD short that was given to consumers as a “gift” for purchasing all four of the PS2 Games. GIFT was also included as an added feature in the United States PS2 game release titled “.hack//QUARANTINE - vol.4.” "

That paragraph confused me... Does it mean to say that GIFT is included in said item? Or that GIFT is in .hack//QUARANTINE? I've looked and something titled .hack//Liminality Vol. 4: Trismegistus seems to be the "added bonus disk".... Can anyone clarify?

One last question(only to those that it applies to): IF you hadn't seen SIGN first, but were introduced to one of .hack's later incarnations/series, would you still be as fascinated/"crazy" in "The World" as you are now? I can guess even imagining that can be impossible, so a similar experience with another series can be a substitute for the question at hand.

Hm... Well, regarding the .Hack//GIFT... It  is a short film by BeeTrain that features the SIGN and GAMES characters in a funny art version.  You can check out a review at www.animeacademy.com.  In the .Hack CARD GAME, they released some cards that are basically from .Hack//GIFT, well, the artwork that is.  They probably have some little weird ability as well... But anways,from what I know, is that in Japan, you can buy the four games in a set, with a nice artbox that comes along with it.  I suppose they will release the same thing with a bonus of the cards as well.  And also, ,in each game, it is a given that the .Hack//Liminality would be included.   So, it must be the cards.

And for that other thing... I don't understand what you mean...

ZJCitrusGraffiti

Quote from: "Chloe"Hm... Well, regarding the .Hack//GIFT... It is a short film by BeeTrain that features the SIGN and GAMES characters in a funny art version. You can check out a review at www.animeacademy.com. In the .Hack CARD GAME, they released some cards that are basically from .Hack//GIFT, well, the artwork that is. They probably have some little weird ability as well... But anways,from what I know, is that in Japan, you can buy the four games in a set, with a nice artbox that comes along with it. I suppose they will release the same thing with a bonus of the cards as well. And also, ,in each game, it is a given that the .Hack//Liminality would be included. So, it must be the cards.

And for that other thing... I don't understand what you mean...

Browsing around Decipher's site(specifically dothackenemy), i saw that such a product, .hack//ENEMY: GIFT set, was available. I must have mis-read somewhere that I could also have some with the GIFT epi too... Along with also mis-reading that GIFT is found in just the Japanese versions of the game. I thought .hack//QUARANTINE had it.  :cry:

After all of my searching the internet for any more info on GIFT(which came up empty), does anyone have further info on the chances of it being released here in the US?

And my last question is meant to be more understood as: what if you started reading volume 4 from the Harry Potter series and that turned out to be your favorite of them all. But not knowing it WASN'T the first book in the series, would it STILL be your favorite book once you went back and read/saw things from the original begining?
(i hope this way is more understandable) ^^;;

Mordyan

I am pretty sure that .Hack//Gift is on the Quarantine Liminality DVD. Its under the bonus material. I know I have watched it. I will double check when I get home.

Bliss & Goodbye

I'm a bit bothered about the Dot HAck card game though. I got a really old deck (im quite sure it is now) like a Crim high destiny deck im quite sure people who know the game know how old and annoying that was. Anyway no one plays around my area is it the same around yours?
Things to do when bored:
Games
Anime
Be bored.

Mordyan

Yes .hack//Gift is on the DVD that comes with the 4th game. It's under the DATA section (extras).

No one plays the card game up where I live. They dont even carry the cards in the local comic book shop. I have to drive an hour south to find the cards. So needless to say, I havent played the game much and really suck at it right now.

ZJCitrusGraffiti

Quote from: "Bliss & Goodbye"I'm a bit bothered about the Dot HAck card game though. I got a really old deck (im quite sure it is now) like a Crim high destiny deck im quite sure people who know the game know how old and annoying that was. Anyway no one plays around my area is it the same around yours?

After extensively browsing .hack//ENEMY's official site, I found a list that could help you find where there MAY BE .hack TCG locations. Go to: http://dothackenemy.fanhq.com/Community/UserGroups/GroupList.aspx From there, I've found a few groups around.. but I'm not sure if they still meet at this time. (i hope that the link works)

Mordyan: Thank you very much for the info! It could be months or even years until I found out for myself. Thank you once again! (btw: I'm assuming it's only in subbed format, ne?) *^_^* I've only begun playing INTEGRATION and haven't yet watched Liminality(or is it LIMINALITY?) Seeing as you are more familiar with the entire .hack series than me, could you tell me what would be the recommended order for watching LIMINALITY and playing the games? As it stands, I'm waiting until I finish INTEGRATION before I watch LIMINALITY. (pet peeve: watching things out of order... also watching things that are "out of order") Would the order be: PS2 vol.1, LIM vol.1, PS2 vol.2, LIM vol.2, etc...?? I'm asking because once I see the series in some order, that sequence is stuck with me and pretty difficult to correct/fix. I thank you in advance.

I remembered what an aquaintance and fellow .hack fan said to me one day, that he started buying .hack//ENEMY mainly for the pictures on them. ^^;; That sounded ok, since it would have been hard to find fellow fans of the card game at the time(2yrs ago). The point is I finally bought both CONTAGION starter decks(Kite and Blackrose) mainly for the PC card art. (& @ a bargain too! $7 ea.) Just fyi.  :wink:

Mordyan

Quote from: "ZJCitrusGraffiti"(btw: I'm assuming it's only in subbed format, ne?)

Yup subtitled only on that one. Its is a comedy and they make fun of themselves(The characters). A parody I guess you would call it. Its the characters from both the game and .hack//Sign.

Quote from: "ZJCitrusGraffiti"Would the order be: PS2 vol.1, LIM vol.1, PS2 vol.2, LIM vol.2, etc...?? I'm asking because once I see the series in some order, that sequence is stuck with me and pretty difficult to correct/fix. I thank you in advance.

Yeah, that is the correct order.

ranma12

ok what are all the season of .hack called  like i know .hack//sign and .hck//ledgen of the twillight but what else??? :?:  :?:

Chloe

.Hack//SIGN
.Hack//GAME
.Hack//INTEGRATION
.Hack//DUSK
.Hack//CONTAGION
.Hack// GIFT
.HACK//LIMINALITY
.HACK//AIBUSTER
.HACK//ANGELDUST

Uh...  I think that's about it.

ranma12

Quote from: "Chloe".Hack//SIGN
.Hack//GAME
.Hack//INTEGRATION
.Hack//DUSK
.Hack//CONTAGION
.Hack// GIFT
.HACK//LIMINALITY
.HACK//AIBUSTER
.HACK//ANGELDUST

Uh...  I think that's about it.
cool thanks .hack//game is a season?? what is the first season?? i like .hack but dont know much about it. :oops:

Chloe

Oops, forgot about

.Hack//AI BUSTER
And
.HAck//ZERO