any one like HACK! just talk abou it :-)

Started by ranma12, July 21, 2004, 01:43:25 PM

ranma12

i love hack it is so cool and fun (the game) i have only really seen like 3 eps but i know i will like the reat any one agree??  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :)  :)  :)

Tsubasa

Yes, .hack (pronouned "dot hack") is awesome.  The TV series isn't for everyone; it moves at a slow and very deliberate pace.  But if you can take that, I found the plot to be interesting and the characterization really shines.  The game wasn't so much for me.  It plays kinda like an MMORPG, but it lacks that which makes MMORPGs so interesting: human interaction.  It trys to make it up in plot, which it does well, but that wasn't enough to convince me to trudge through dungeons for hours on end until the next major plot point.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

specter

I like it.  I like it alot.  I like the shows.  I like the games.
I am the world's most honest man, I admit I'm a liar.

Chloe

Oh, yeah!  .Hack is in my veins!  I'm absolutely crazy about it!  

I have:

.Hack//Games
.Hack//SIGN
.Hack//DUSK(AKA THE LENGEND OF THE TWILIGHT)
.Hack//INTERGRATION
.Hack//GIFT
.Hack//ENEMY and CONTAGION
.Hack//LIMINALITY

And lots more!  Oh, oh!  And has everyone heard of the new game .Hack//ANOTHER BIRTH?  If not, you guys should check it out at:

http://www.cyberconnect2.jp/hack/frame.html
(Offical Japanese Website)

Even though you can't read any of the Japanese, it's always fun to look at pictures and explore around the place!

.^-^.
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

CloudStrife546

.hack....lol...good stuff.

Couldn't get into the games, for almost the same reason as Tsubasa.  Loved the series though.  SIGN had an awesome plot and I just loved the characters, such a great series.  Although, the first...3/4 of the series moved very slow, which I normally don't like, but I was drawn enough into the story to want to know how it goes.

As for DUSK/Twilight, whatever you want to call it, I loved that as well.  A much more fun twist in the same setting.  'Twas very enjoyable.

Liminality...that did almost everything but fried my brain...

Kyle stabell

Can anyone tell me why or how this thred split?
Cosplay costumes:
2 Ranma outfits - 100% done
Himura Kenshin - 100% done
MGS2 guard - 85% done

Mordyan

Quote from: "Chloe"Oh, yeah!  .Hack is in my veins!  I'm absolutely crazy about it!  

And lots more!  Oh, oh!  And has everyone heard of the new game .Hack//ANOTHER BIRTH?  If not, you guys should check it out at:

http://www.cyberconnect2.jp/hack/frame.html
(Offical Japanese Website)

Are you sure its a game? I googled it and it was listed as a novellization.

I love the .Hack series. The music is awesome too. I got all of the special edition CDs that came with the DVDs.

And I am currently finishing the 4th game. I think the game is awesome, though the game play can get repetetive. The secret I think is to take a break from it periodically.

ZJCitrusGraffiti

The .hack series is my new obsession! I was hooked eversince the first epi of .hack//SIGN!! If, by some chance, I didn't see/read the series' background(i.e. the entire series IS the game, thus explaining those weird face marks), then I would have not liked it at all. (i guess my missing the 1st epi of ZOIDS kinda ruined it for me, hence I don't like ZOIDS) But I just *LOVE* "thinking" anime(which is what I call anime that's more "wordy" than "action") and from the get-go there was ONE major question that I soo wanted answering: "What made this guy(himself a mystery) loose his memory?" And after having watched the entire series on CN(my ONLY anime outlet), I came to actually CARE for the characters: despise/hate characters, laugh at/with them, and most importantly, cry for them. And THAT'S what determines a great series for me(be it anime or manga). And then, as if I didn't care enough for a series, then came .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet ... and SHE *shudders* ... that... evil... female character, that left her sick Grunty not once, but TWICE, came back! Seeing that epi again on CN got me to asking: just what DID the other girls do to her at the end? Hotaru was curious. (as was i) I've been buying the .hack//SIGN DVDs and the .hack//LotTB(Dusk) manga, but do any of you recommend the LotTB DVDs? The manga and anime of Dusk IS actually different from each other!

And btw, are any of you familiar with the .hack gashapon/capsule toys that are out there? There is two sets(6/5 & 4) that in total have 9 different characters represented. (in Fanime 2K4, the bag of 6 was almost $50!! Here's hoping they come back MUCH cheaper next year.)

...Since I haven't played any of the PS2 games, I felt out of the loop with whatever the "legendary Dot Hackers" did and why they're soo important. Do the "legendary Dot Hackers" appear anywhere else other than the games? And is there any truth to all 4 volumes coming back in a box set?

Mordyan

Quote from: "ZJCitrusGraffiti"
...Since I haven't played any of the PS2 games, I felt out of the loop with whatever the "legendary Dot Hackers" did and why they're soo important. Do the "legendary Dot Hackers" appear anywhere else other than the games? And is there any truth to all 4 volumes coming back in a box set?

Other than being mentioned in Legends, they make an appearance in the bonus episode called .hack//integration it was included in the limited edition volume 6 DVD of .hack//sign.

All the characters (from //sign and the video game that is) gather for a party and it wraps up a few loose ends. It was kinda cool.

ZJCitrusGraffiti

QuoteOther than being mentioned in Legends, they make an appearance in the bonus episode called .hack//integration it was included in the limited edition volume 6 DVD of .hack//sign.

All the characters (from //sign and the video game that is) gather for a party and it wraps up a few loose ends. It was kinda cool.

...you mean the bonus disk has Kite and Black Rose before their own story even chronologically happens!? That's odd. Or is the bonus disk meant to be seen after the PS2 games? And btw, thank you for the info.

Suspicious

Wow.. this thread has gone through a lot of dead revivals.

I love the puchigusos >.< I love the .hack//DUSK one the best.. ahhh so cuuute..

I never really got into the game though, too expensive to buy them all.
»Jrock Con »LJ »MySpace »Website

ZJCitrusGraffiti

QuoteWow.. this thread has gone through a lot of dead revivals.

I love the puchigusos >.< I love the .hack//DUSK one the best.. ahhh so cuuute..

I never really got into the game though, too expensive to buy them all.

^_^ has it? And I only just got here!

I must be out of the loop. What are "puchigusos"? And considering the SD style of .hack//DUSK, I was almost not taking it seriously. But I've learned my lesson now.

Ditto. $50 per game!? C'mon! I'm hoping for a GH series or a box set in the future. ANYTHING! (father always says: Never pay full price.)

Suspicious

Puchigusos are called gruntys in the American version.

I still like calling them Puchis though because it's so fun to say XD  Plus the DUSK one likes to run around going "puni puni puni puni".

Chloe

Heh heh...  I love Puchiguso too!  They're all so cute.  I like the .Hack//SIGN grunty more than Dusk.  Reason being because the one in SIGN has BIG WATERY EYES!  SO CUTE!  Ha ha.

Suspicious:  Heh, I freeloaded off all the games from my friend.  And it's pretty cool.  You might be missing out on something real nice. =)  If you want, I can lend them to you.  But, I must warn you that they take ALOT of room on your memory card.  That is, if you have all 4 volumes!
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

Suspicious

Quote from: "Chloe"Heh heh...  I love Puchiguso too!  They're all so cute.  I like the .Hack//SIGN grunty more than Dusk.  Reason being because the one in SIGN has BIG WATERY EYES!  SO CUTE!  Ha ha.

Suspicious:  Heh, I freeloaded off all the games from my friend.  And it's pretty cool.  You might be missing out on something real nice. =)  If you want, I can lend them to you.  But, I must warn you that they take ALOT of room on your memory card.  That is, if you have all 4 volumes!

Sure, I'll take you up on your offer ^^

......as soon as I find my memory card... I still need to finish my Okage game on it ~.~ *cries*  That and I miss my gummi warship from Kingdom Hearts.

Mordyan

Quote from: "ZJCitrusGraffiti"...you mean the bonus disk has Kite and Black Rose before their own story even chronologically happens!? That's odd. Or is the bonus disk meant to be seen after the PS2 games? And btw, thank you for the info.

The bonus episode takes place after the games' timeline.

Quote from: "ZJCitrusGraffiti"Ditto. $50 per game!? C'mon! I'm hoping for a GH series or a box set in the future. ANYTHING! (father always says: Never pay full price.)

Buy the games used for the best deal. However all the previous edition have gone down in price to 29.95 each. I would expect the last game (vol. 4) to go down in price soon as well.

I am almost finished with the last game. I have beaten Cubia (for the last time) and the last 'wave' boss. I have one more dugeon to go through and then it's the Item collection event.

ZJCitrusGraffiti

QuoteBuy the games used for the best deal. However all the previous edition have gone down in price to 29.95 each. I would expect the last game (vol. 4) to go down in price soon as well.

Just today I bought Pt.1 for $20(well, it's really $19.99, but $.01 is nothing, ne?) I browsed before actually buying and saw a used Pt.1 was only $2 less.. Plus, it would have been without the manual. Pt.2 used was ~$25, a new Pt.3 was $30, and Pt.4 is still $50....

As time passes by, I'm doubting there ever will be a "box set" of all .hack games(though it was a "rumor" in the first place) so I'm going ahead and buying them as long as they're $20... Probably no more than that.

red

I watched 23 episodes of hack//sign, but couldn't finish it. Moved too slow for me, storyline wasn't for my type.
If you run over small children, they turn into candy!

Suspicious

I found the english dub of .hack//SIGN horrible. (Morganna? Say that again? I can't make out what you're talking about)  For me, the main hook of the series when it first came out was the music.  You just gotta sit through it after that and either love or hate the storyline.  The music sounded a lot better than the dub because you have english lyrics with japanese speakers.. instead of english lyrics with english speakers.

Mordyan

I agree, the music was the best part of the series. I thought the english dub was bad as far as voice talent went, but the english dub script wasn't as good as the subtitles. And the japanese seiyuu were great.

So I prefere to watch it subbed. And yeah it was a sloooow moving character driven piece. But it one of my favs.