What is da worst anime EVER?

Started by Jyunishinsho, July 25, 2004, 09:56:27 PM

Jyunishinsho

What do you believe is the worst worst piece of garbage that was ever created and shown to the public, only to make the blind cry and patients in comas rise and leave hospitals?

Please answer with all the hate you have...

frumpy

In this case, let me rant off about Weiss Kruez a.k.a. Knight Hunters.

I'm an animation major. First and foremost, I look at the overall quality. And by far, this anime is one of the worst pieces of $hit I've seen in a loooooooooooong time. All this anime really has is it's potential for fangirls. The pretty boy looks, but the animation? It's horribly choppy and the story is boring too. If they're going to invest so much money into A-list seiyuus rather than the production itself, then that's just pathetic. They're just sell-outs. All for the glory of featuring pretty boys and cd soundtracks by the seiyuus.
Camilla Wong
Dealers Dept '07-'12, 2014-current
Charity Auction '04, '09-'12
Video Programming '00-'04
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99

the_Pink_Panther24

hard for me to HATE an anime...i usually find something i find good.
it sort of bubbles down to 2:
wolfs rain...saw it before cartoon network...ugh. the concept of wolves tied with anime-style combat was idiotic.

and coincidentally, one of my favorites: excel saga. funny as hell, but you cant take her voice for more then a short amount of time.

Piccahoe

Onegai Teacher....all of the main characters were ripped of off other animes  (like that retarded wannabe sumomo (chobits)) and the story was  NOT romantic or sad at all, it was pure crap.
"Its not that I'm smart, its because I (am able to) stick to the problems."

-Albert Einstein

swordofthebezerk

Hah. I like Excel Saga and Wolf's Rain but I'm not gonna say anything other than that. There are a few that I'm not going to watch purely because 1. I can't stand watching them or 2.The reputation of being bad is keeping me from watching em.
Examples for #1:
Agent Aika: Naked Missions (its only use is gratuitous panty shots)
Amazing Nurse Nanako (story is crapola and its almost as bad as Aika)
Akira...(Ok not because it is bad, which it isn't, it's just because I've read the manga and they messed up the anime like beyond repair. So its not because its bad, its just because I expected more after reading the manga)
Twilight of the Dark Master( Um yeah there is no real point to this anime other than the animation style is okay and there is a lot of violence N' stuff)
Examples for #2:
Final Fantasy Unlimited (All i hear is that it sux sux sux so I'm gonna avoid it.)
Can't think of any others off the top of my head...yet but there are more I assure you.

Updated Version

Mach5Motorsport

All you you have listed worthy titles.  

However, I would like to suggest from a US release perspective any series (manga/anime) that was started and then not completed!!!  (ARGH!!!) Many companies have earned my scorn.  US Renditions, Orion/Streamline(not around anymore) and Viz just to name a few.
Brian Doan "Dieter"

Fanime Cosplay Host 2006
Fanime DerCosplay Coord. 2001-2005
Yaoi Con Cosplay Coord. 2002-2005
JTAF 1 & 2
2003 Anime Expo Cosplay, Art & Charity Host
2002 Project Akon Cosplay Host

astroboy

Odin Photon Sailor Space Starlight

Just to let you guys know the most exciting part of this movie is reading the title. Lets just say it put me to sleep. Basically a bunch of people go on a long space journey for no reason, well I'm quite sure there must of been a reason but I wouldn't know because I fell asleep remember?  :lol:

KimaLucifer

What I hate?

INUYASHA. I DESPISE this work. It's not the animation and such; it's the fact that it's almost exactly like Ranma storywise, but WORSE.

I forgot the name of the other one I hate, but it's recently aired in Japan and it's about two sailor-moon RIPOFFS wearing rediculous costumes.

Rayearth. I hate clamp in general; the only one I can stand is xxxHolic, and even that makes me angry. Why? It's because every single story is just like the OTHER.

I'm picky. plus I'm the type who prefers Boogie Pop Phantom.
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

OniCourseMusha

I thought the worst one was Fighting Footon.

Basically Pokemon but alll food!! Pokemon>Fighting Footon.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

drallcome

Fanime Member since 1999

Kyle stabell

Quote from: "KimaLucifer"What I hate?

INUYASHA. I DESPISE this work. It's not the animation and such; it's the fact that it's almost exactly like Ranma storywise, but WORSE...

How Dare you insult my two favorite Manga/anime series!!!!! :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

*throws KimaLucifer into a random jusenkyo spring* :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

...back on topic, Pokemon is on the bottom of my list the main reasons are that the main caracters are way too ignorent about things and constently stating the obvouse
Cosplay costumes:
2 Ranma outfits - 100% done
Himura Kenshin - 100% done
MGS2 guard - 85% done

pSyChOgArDeN

...There's only one anime that I hate.... I hate this anime soooo much!! And I dont think I'll eve have "hate" and "anime" ever in the same sentence... I shouldn't even call it an anime!!!!! -_-'  I only watched it ONCE and I had to get rid of it...>_< This anime is called....

DEMON FIGHTER KOCHO.......

((sorry if I insulted anyone...))

Fanime '11 Cosplays:
Ramona Flowers -Scott Pilgrim vs. the Universe
Sakura -Cardcaptor Sakura

<33         

Madam Pinkness

worst is yugio. what person reads or watch that?

swordofthebezerk

I read it, watch it, play it and like it. Maybe you don't like it because it is so popular with the youngins', like Pokemon. Or maybe not. Of course you are entitled to your opinion so forget I even defended it.

Updated Version

Madam Pinkness

haha.. no offense.. i forgot to say that!  :lol: Yeah i like pokemon better.. more orginal and yugio seems to have copy that. How old are you exactly? 11?

swordofthebezerk

Thats the second time you've asked my age. How many times do I have to tell you that I'm 17. Besides the manga for Yu-Gi-Oh is violent and uncensored, unlike the one on the WB.
Just because someone may like anime that may be childish does not make that person a child.

Updated Version

drallcome

Quote from: "swordofthebezerk"Thats the second time you've asked my age. How many times do I have to tell you that I'm 17. Besides the manga for Yu-Gi-Oh is violent and uncensored, unlike the one on the WB.
Just because someone may like anime that may be childish does not make that person a child.

Yea.. you should of been there when Sword, Ryu and I were in the Hentai room at fanime.. LOL.. Funny stuff sword. Great jokes!  "HOOORSSSEEE!!!"
Fanime Member since 1999

Madam Pinkness

Ohh.. my bad.. I didn't know I ask you 2 times. ^_^ Well are you calling me childish?????  :x  Well anyways.. MY "opinion" sticks with yugio.  :)  And anyways, The WB one is "retardo."

drallcome

oh.. back on topic..

Dragon Ball Z.. :P~~~ Worse anime ever!  Only reason they show this is for the imature teeage boys.  Couldnt cartoon network show more animes for everyone like Tenchi muyo. They did show it for awhile. Its got a little of everything. Or how about something new, "Azumana Daio" Great little anime and they dont have to edit out anything. Funny as hell.

Great now im probley going get flamed by the cartoon network N00bs.. "Dragon ball z is the best, bla bla bla.." Guess what,, I dont give a cabbit crap. LOL  I have the right to speak my mind. And It wont bother me one bit if you say tenchi muyo sucks. So dont even start with the flameing.
Fanime Member since 1999

Kyle stabell

Quote from: "drallcome"oh.. back on topic..

Dragon Ball Z.. :P~~~ Worse anime ever!  Only reason they show this is for the imature teeage boys.  Couldnt cartoon network show more animes for everyone like Tenchi muyo. They did show it for awhile. Its got a little of everything. Or how about something new, "Azumana Daio" Great little anime and they dont have to edit out anything. Funny as hell.

Great now im probley going get flamed by the cartoon network N00bs.. "Dragon ball z is the best, bla bla bla.." Guess what,, I dont give a cabbit crap. LOL  I have the right to speak my mind. And It wont bother me one bit if you say tenchi muyo sucks. So dont even start with the flameing.

Tenchi doesn't suck but nither dose DBZ if you follow the story line insted of just watching it for the battles it's actualy quite interesting :P ...
Cosplay costumes:
2 Ranma outfits - 100% done
Himura Kenshin - 100% done
MGS2 guard - 85% done