Who's going to JTAF?

Started by Jyunishinsho, August 24, 2004, 12:52:01 PM

hellangel

okay, i've decided to go on sunday or not go at all

that is, if i am allowed go at all....
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

Ryu-Ness

Hopefully I'll be allowed to go.. since I've made plans for the last year that 2 friends of mine would stay over and we'd all go. >__<;

But anyways, I should be able to go. ^_^ -waves around her Japan-a-Radio--Otaku-san flags-

YummySushi

<.<   >.>  I don't think that everyone knows that Japan-a-radio is gonna be there, Ryu...

hellangel

Upcoming events:

YummySushi

Yay~! That's totally great.

ChibiSerenaChan

weird >^_^<;;

hopefully i can go saturday!! if not sunday... *sigh* but first normally have all the good stuff!!
One of the Original

Stage Zero Hostess (the hyper one who makes random noises) since Fanime 2006 till I retire! XD when will that be >O_o< teehee >^.^< I hope you keep supporting US HOSTS!!!

felicity869

Crap, I totally forgot that JTAF was this weekend. Well there is no way I can make it on Saturday but I'll try for Sunday.

Jyunishinsho

Will anyone go in costumes?

kEr0 l3eaR

wow i haven't been on the board lately but anywayz i'm going with sernea here!!! Yay!!! Plus i'm paying for her so yah better go!  :o

ayaminamino

Well.........as for me........I actually not planning to go though.......but.yea...same as Kima-chan.......for Yami's sake ppl....>~<.

And that's mean I'll go.........yea.....Yami........
~Aya~>.<!!!

ChibiSerenaChan

errr eheheh >^_^<;;; forced to the point
One of the Original

Stage Zero Hostess (the hyper one who makes random noises) since Fanime 2006 till I retire! XD when will that be >O_o< teehee >^.^< I hope you keep supporting US HOSTS!!!

Frozen Emotion

Probably will go Sunday at least. Depending on my schedule Saturday I might go then too...

I will go either in Naruto cosplay or Gothic Lolita or something of the like cosplay...
I'm going to rub my hairy nut in your face... :twisted:
yuki wa... ._. lets beat it till it ain't funny!

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "Frozen Emotion"Probably will go Sunday at least. Depending on my schedule Saturday I might go then too...

I will go either in Naruto cosplay or Gothic Lolita or something of the like cosplay...

I want to see you in your egl outfit on saturday if you go. *glomps* welcome back :D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

felicity869

Everyone who will be at the JTAF on sunday should go read about our gathering: http://fanime.altimus-labs.com/viewtopic.php?t=2381

hellangel

i'm going as subaru-kun from tokyo babylon ^__^
Upcoming events:

ININ

I'm attending on Saturday only.  I'm cosplaying as Edward Elric from Full Metal Alchemist.  First time I'm cosplaying.

albarosa1116

i was there on saturday, but didn't cosplay. had lots of fun tho. walked around the dealer room and artist's alley. the organizers did a great job this year!!! actually spent lots of time at tampopo eating and drinking with friends.

ced1106

JTAF pretty much blew. If it weren't for the dealer's room (MANY bargains **and** not-so-easy-to-find stuff) and Japantown itself (that $5 curry on the Bridge **is** a treat), we were paying $15 (plus parking fees) to wander around Japantown. We should have done better scheduling, but the tabletop gaming ended six or eight hours early (ie. they ended it around 4pm instead of 12am (?)) and the anime trivia contest was delayed half an hour -- then cancelled. The arcade (gaming?) room consisted of one DDR Extreme and a fighting game. One video room played both dubs and subs, and if you wanted to know what format your favorite anime was being played in, you had to go to the video room itself.

Still, Japantown in an otaku mecca of the Bay Area. (My friend found a place that sold capsule toys individually; the only other store he knows of which does this is in Los Angeles.) And you can actually find parking here (parking on Sunday at the meters is free). If you want to support the arts and drop a hundred in the dealer's room, pay the $15 fee and wander around. If you're an improverished otaku who wants to visit Japantown, find a parking place and just wander.

Remember the curry!

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

drallcome

I was there on saturday with Lin Lin Lucy and all we did was eat lunch and walk around j-town.. We didnt even pay. There was no point in paying 15 bucks to walk in a tiny dealer room.. I call it more like a dealer hallway.. hehe.. We went to a friends house to watch new fan sub anime he just downloaded. I hope this con does get better and or bigger.. Theres no other cons going on at this time.
Fanime Member since 1999

RyuHayabusa

I went both days and didn't pay. I didn't pay the reg fee cause it's a mistake to pay just to wander around jtown. I did that last year and I feel sorry for the people who paid. Thank god, I didn't. and yes, it did Blew big time.  I did see a whole bunch of people yesterday and today from here. The gathering didn't happen. Oh well, hopefull we can do at the end of the month better.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC