3 (17.6%)
I would if I had a faster connection...
2 (11.8%)
What's that?
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: December 07, 2002, 08:17:36 AM

Mew

So what's everyone's current anime obsession(s)?

Mine are Hashiba Sora / Sukisho!, Onime no Kyou / Samurai Deeper KYO, and Alucard / Hellsing. ^_^ Umm... maybe small obsession with Midou Ban and GetBackers, too.

Gaa... *zombie-like* Need... more... SDK...

5 more episodes! X3 When's Anime-Keep gonna release the 22nd ep!? I should go check. o.o;
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Tsubasa

Hm...

Sister Princess RePure (Mamoru!  Rinrin! XD)

Happy Lesson (Kisaragi! XD)
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

CloudStrife546

hmmm....currently i have none.  ive finished all the shows i wanted to see...except gundam seed.  but im not really into gundam shows.  does anyone have any anime they thought was REALLY good that i should see?

RyuHayabusa

MS Gundam(Uc 0079 to uc 0093)

(i.e MS Gundam through Char's Counterattack)

*currently watching ZZ gundam*

.hack

Gundam Model Kits...

hmm... what else... x-mas shopping? LOL

:P -fa, fa, fa, fa!
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Mew

Quote from: "CloudStrife546"hmmm....currently i have none.  ive finished all the shows i wanted to see...except gundam seed.  but im not really into gundam shows.  does anyone have any anime they thought was REALLY good that i should see?

Watch Samurai Deeper KYO!! It's AWESOME! Love Kyou... his beautiful read eyes... Mmm...

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/kyo/
< Mew >

KimaLucifer

........I was reading Sukissho the other day.

.....Let'seee........ obsession:

Whistle!. Cyborg 009. Lupin the 3rd.... Astro Boy.....

Wow....a lot of them are....old... And a lot of them go 801
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

Mew

Quote from: "KimaLucifer"........I was reading Sukissho the other day.

WHAT!? Reading what of Sukisho!? ;_; I wanna knoooooooow!!!!!!!!!
< Mew >

KimaLucifer

The manga. I thought it was cute...
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

SuperKawaiiNeko

President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

Mew

Quote from: "KimaLucifer"The manga. I thought it was cute...
NO FAIR! I wanna read it! T_T Sora~
< Mew >

Mew

Quote from: "SuperKawaiiNeko"Whats digisubbed anime?
Digitally subbed anime. As in they're distributed over the internet by downloading instead of the old conventional way of distributing VHS fansubs.

While I enjoy the quality of digisubbed anime and how fast they come out, I'd rather watch anime on my TV.
< Mew >

Tsubasa

Quote from: "GokuMew2"While I enjoy the quality of digisubbed anime and how fast they come out, I'd rather watch anime on my TV.

You enjoy the quality of digisubbed anime?  I guess you have pretty low standards then.  Even traditional VHS fansubs look better, even with the glaring video flaws (I find dot crawl is especially annoying, but cross colorization's pretty bad too).  I suppose I just get more demanding with my video....
-Tsubasa

CloudStrife546

digisubs have decent quality.  rarely you get a good one.  usually tho, i prefer to hit the VHS or better yet, get the official DVD! :D

KimaLucifer

DVD's are the best.... but I think I'm pissed at my version of spirited away..... I heard that people in Japan with a DVD version of spirited away are too because that version is sorta tinted red.
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Tsubasa

Cloud:

Digisubs are never, technically speaking, "good" quality.  To make the files more readily accessible for download, they are compressed.  Compression = loss of quality.  It is slightly less noticable when it's a DVD rip (as compared to a TV source), but it's always there.  Also, most digisubs are encoded in the DivX codec.  I've noticed what I assume are inherient flaws in the format.  The most noticable being blocky artifacting.

Kima:

Yah, the Japanese Spirited Away DVDs have a red bias.  Some people are actually sueing Buena Vista (the distributor) for a refund on their discs.  Read about it here.
-Tsubasa

KimaLucifer

arrrrrrrrrrrg *gets mad* ....oh well..at least there's a riceball model that came with it.
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

5E_aoba

Yotstuba and Aria/SisterPrincess

lain/serial experiments lain

Shiori/Kanon

Rakka/Haibane Renmei

Minawa/Mahoromatic

Osaka/Azumanga

...i guess thats about it...

Mew

Quote from: "Tsubasa"You enjoy the quality of digisubbed anime?  I guess you have pretty low standards then.  Even traditional VHS fansubs look better, even with the glaring video flaws (I find dot crawl is especially annoying, but cross colorization's pretty bad too).  I suppose I just get more demanding with my video....

Most VHS fansubs I've seen are like 2nd and lower generation. Masters and 1st gens are great. But yeah, there are bad digi anime, too. Ones with a TV source may not be as good, but they're reasonable. I guess digisubs are easier to get, so that's a big plus.
< Mew >

RyuHayabusa

but you have to get in line in IRC or other P2P programs and then it becomes a hassle. I'll just wait for the official DVD's or HK DVD's... (gah, going to be flamed for that one)  :twisted:-fa, fa, fa, fa!
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Mew

Quote from: "RyuDOA2Hayabusa"but you have to get in line in IRC or other P2P programs and then it becomes a hassle. I'll just wait for the official DVD's or HK DVD's... (gah, going to be flamed for that one)  :twisted:-fa, fa, fa, fa!

*FLAAAAAAAAAAAME!* XDXD jk

Well, if you can tolerate the baaaaaaaaad HK subtitles, go ahead.

You just need to get the right places for easy dl on IRC. Of course there are times where all queues are full, but I don't have that problem too often. There are also people who upload anime to HTTP servers, so that's real cool. ^^
< Mew >