Your very first anime

Started by pRoToZERO, November 30, 2004, 01:31:59 PM

~~Loktera~~

My first Anime I watched was a cheap-ass poorly dubbed musical type-thing called Serendipity that's when I was a weee little 'taku. It wasn't until I was 13 when I started watching Tenchi Muyo! and Urusei Yatsura on PBS. After my interest became piqued a friend of mine helped me start an Anime club in middle school... The rest, is history.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

HiDdEnShArInGaN

hm...my first anime i ever watched would either be Sailor Moon or Pokemon xD  :lol:

Emerge

ranma 1/2 was my first as far back as i can remember

Ari

I first saw Sailor moon and Pokemon. (>.< LOL) And I first bought Rurouni Kenshin, I didn't really truly get into anime until I saw Rurouni kenshin x.x';

Noriko Ukai

Pokémon. I still love that show, somehow, you can never hate your first anime, regardless of how bad it gets. ^_^
So who likes Avenue Q? PM me if you do.

Sora

Sailor Moon, followed by Dragon Ball Z. Now, I look back and find it hard to believe that I was ever into DBZ.
"Don't give me any orders."

Darryl Mendoza

My first anime was Project A-ko. I was pretty young so I don't really remember all or any of it. I thought it was awesome! And thats how I got hooked on anime. Then Tenchi came into my life, now thats when I was totally hooked on anime!!!!!!!!!!!
Extra Fresh League
MvC2: Team Matrix, Team Santhrax
Guilty Gear Accent Core- Slayer, Bridget
Street Figther 3rd Strike- Makoto, Dudley, Akuma

Kyubi

Dragonball,excel saga,Akira

Shi_Musouka

My Neighbor Totoro(yay for Miyazaki films), then Sailor Moon, Megaman, Pokemon, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Kiki's Delivery Service, and Ranma 1/2.

Yep... Good old memories.

Kazuko

for me it was ranma 1/2 :3 i was introduced to it at the tender age or 7 or was it 8 xD later on it was Key the metal idol, Sailor moon, pokemon, and card captor sakura <3

ah the good ol days :3

PixeL-taN

Stuff on Nick Jr.

Like Mya the bee and The little bits.

I also watched The Flying house when i was younger too~

Kegan_Flame

Kiki's Delivery Service!

Spiritsnare

Pokémon.

Damn, I'm hardcore.
epic progressive

vox

zoupzuop2

I didn't realize it until tonight, but my first anime was Unico or something to that effect. Story of a unicorn who could detatch his horn. KA-REEPY. I remember liking it when I was VERY little, in fact it was great when I was about 4.

Then came Pokémon. I was sorta curious as to what it was, and being a 1337 '73nd0 fan, I checked it out. And I was enveloped in it.

After that, I read a magazine that ran through a list of random Animes. I thought I knew what they were talking about, I'd found out what Anime was by researching Pokémon on the inter-web-basket-net, so I was acquainted with Dragonball Z, Sailor Moon, Gundam series... the usual stuff.

They had an article on Ranma ½. I was disgusted.
I was also fascinated.

So, after my brother and I got into Gundam (he's since become popular and has no need for such... fool), I decided to not be ignorant, and researchi the series. This research lasted a good three years...

...and I remain a hardcore enthusiast to this day. I don't OWN much anime/manga, but I do enjoy it.

Recap:
Unico (Birth-1995)
Pokémon
(Magazine, R½)
Gundam Wing
Ranma ½
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Saffy

first animation ever: Miyazaki's Princess Mononoke, VHS, dubbed (I was about 12, with no japanese experience) yeah late bloomer I was

first series: Pokemon, in english on WB20 (yeah around that same age, got into the game craze, naturally I couldnt help but watch the show, too)

first animation, not dubbed: Escaflowne (not the series) I was in highschool already, freshman year, anime club! oh yeah

never got into dragon ball Z, gundam wing, sailor moon (for some reason I hated the theme song, can't imagine why), stuff that was really hot at the time I was in jr. high, but I occasionally caught them on Toonami's Rising Sun program (a la Cartoon Network)

(ugh took me three months to download all of love hina on kazaa over 56kbps, this was back before bittorrent and when dsl was new)
POCKY
Because you never forget your first box.

GIANT POCKY
Because some like it harder, better, faster, stronger

Images coming soon!

gmontem

In the States it was probably the English cut of either "Speed Racer" or "Star Blazers".  My parents and older brother used to tell me I watched "Voltes V" back when we used to live in the Philippines but that was when I was at most 4 years old.  I don't remember much of what happened back then.  I have a pic of me wearing a "Voltes V" t-shirt doing some sort of pose, so I guess that bit was true.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Captaine Kit

Flight of Dragons
The Last Unicorn
Macross
Mach 5

and some adult thing that my teen brother had at the time.
FanimeCon Presents: Antagonite Fashion

FanFicGuru

Flight of Dragons rocks! I loved that one.

Anyways, my first was probably sailor moon. Caught it on channel 44 every once in a a while. Then I switched over to Toonami and watched DBZ and Gundam wing and others. Went back and watched some other classics like Kimba and speed racer, then I was able to afford my own, so I started my collection. ^_^
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

ILuvHeijiHattori

Sailor Moon. Ive watched it when I was 4 and I was addicted to anime after Pokemon came out when I was 8. Im 16 now and I still <3 Sailor Moon.

serajwl

Definitely Sailor Moon. Then Pokemon. And then my very first ever non-Americanized Anime was Cowboy Bebop.

Actually... Now that I think about it, I watched Little Nemo a lot when I was really young  :shock: