What's the craziest anime-related thing you've done?

Started by HanyaanFaery, December 07, 2004, 10:51:41 AM

HanyaanFaery

What are some crazy things you've done that relate to anime?

Probably the craziest thing I've done is teach myself how to move certain muscles around my eyes and mouth independently so that I can do the side-smile smirk and the half-circle-eye smile. And if you count cosplay injuries, well, let's just say I have one stronger arm (from wearing automail), a scar on my stomach from gluing myself into costume, feet that can stand being barefoot in November, and a new tolerance for both too much and too little clothing.

I also sold a bunch of old toys at a yard sale to fund my anime, er, fund.

But I bet you lot have done MUCH crazier things, since I'm boring.

VictimX

I spent $400 to make a U.N. Nerv agent uniform so that I cen cosplay in it. Another $300 to look like Hunk from Resident Evil and I am now spending for Hellsing. My and my brothers plan on making a short film with the outfits we have. Also my room had a anime theme for about 3 years till I changed it.

jindo

Spending whole lot of $$$ on anime related goods...R2 dvds, cds, games, and collectables.  :shock:
If you can afford a smart phone, then you can support the industries by "purchasing" the legit goods.

swordofthebezerk

Half circle eye smile...? Interesting.

The craziest thing I've done is lead a pack of otaku's into the hentai room at Fanime and make fun of the various hentai that were shown.

Updated Version

KimaLucifer

craziest thing?

Working in a Cosplay Cafe in Japan with a Lulu-costume in the freakin middle of December. (hey it paid well at least)
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

ced1106

Well, my anime wallpaper and theme directory website has been a timesink : adtt.uni.cc

I don't even need to use it anymore, as I've switched wallpapers. I guess I could use them on my computer at work...

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

OniCourseMusha

Eating the 911 Chicken Challenge during Anime OverDose2004 and then after giving up, my nose snorted out, sweating, wit the anime like eye saying, drank like around a galleon of water  "Joseph! It was HELL!!!"
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Shinsengumi

Quote from: "OniCourseMusha"Eating the 911 Chicken Challenge during Anime OverDose2004 and then after giving up, my nose snorted out, sweating, wit the anime like eye saying, drank like around a galleon of water  "Joseph! It was HELL!!!"

Man your lucky I didn't took a picture of you eating that 911 chicken, crazy dude  :lol:
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

MeliCat

I convinced a hot guy who was blond and 1/2 Japanese to style his hair and dress up like Tidus from Final Fantasy X simply for my viewing pleasure. He was so cute...  :shock:  Until he stopped cosplaying, lol.  :twisted:

M.e.l.i.c.a.t

Nina Star 9

umm.. stood my sister (who was cosplaying faust) up on a chair and then having a large group stand around her, going "hail foust! hail faust!" etc. etc. what else? well, my strange kareoke taking-overness is minda insane, i guess... what else have i done? hmm...

Jyunishinsho

Quote from: "Nina Star 9"umm.. stood my sister (who was cosplaying faust) up on a chair and then having a large group stand around her, going "hail foust! hail faust!" etc. etc. what else? well, my strange kareoke taking-overness is minda insane, i guess... what else have i done? hmm...

Faust? Which one?

The craziest thing I have done? Cosplaying as Zappa from Guilty Gear in Anime Overdose. I did some weird stuff, such as bending backwards, fitting myself into boxes (which broke since I was 5'9 trying to fit into a cardboard 2 ft box...) and chairs, getting 'possessed' for certain periods, and literally pretzelizing myself.
-all at the same time asking for change (I made $15!)...

hellangel

uh...."watching" .hack//SIGN makes me work more efficiently when i sew. ^^"
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

frumpy

Craziest thing I've done, aside from directing a division of 60+ staffers...

-I stayed up 65 hrs in 3 days, making sure the FanimeCon 2003 video programming was running on schedule.

-Made and passed out 200 Hentai Survival Kits to happy otakus in 2004. (Fellow senior staffers turned a blind eye on me....LOL)
Camilla Wong
Dealers Dept '07-'12, 2014-current
Charity Auction '04, '09-'12
Video Programming '00-'04
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99

Croquet

Let's just say....I've done a lot of dancing. And a lot of pocky-eating.
Let's play
some Croquet!

Zain

Quote from: "frumpy"-Made and passed out 200 Hentai Survival Kits to happy otakus in 2004. (Fellow senior staffers turned a blind eye on me....LOL)
Be glad you didn't have to clean up after those, uh, "happy" otakus. :?
2007 Staff (Facilities, IT, Website, Publications)

Mach5Motorsport

Driving to A-kon (Dallas, TX) a few years back with my friends using two cars and still being friends by the time we got back to CA!
Brian Doan "Dieter"

Fanime Cosplay Host 2006
Fanime DerCosplay Coord. 2001-2005
Yaoi Con Cosplay Coord. 2002-2005
JTAF 1 & 2
2003 Anime Expo Cosplay, Art & Charity Host
2002 Project Akon Cosplay Host

OniCourseMusha

Breakdance or Pop wit my fingers when I'm in a middle of a b-boy battle during Reccacon 2003 and Fanime 2004.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Shinsengumi

I haven't anything crazy in Fanime or any other Cons, but I was the 2nd guy that said HORSE! in the Hentai Room at FanimeCon 2004  :lol: .
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

YoureMyHiro

Craig i still have those pictures i took of you hurling all over yourself and at the bookstore at AnimeOD04 after the 911 chicken challenge, I remember thinking "Dude his mom is going to kill me for bringing him back all messed up." Ill post as soon as i get the negative redeveloped.

G.I.R

Buying $800.00 worth of R2 DVDs at AX 2001, and then running around to every local electronics retailer to find a (B stock) Pioneer DVD 505 player, tearing it open, and doing a region modification so I could play $800.00 worth of R2 DVDs!