Media Factory Legal Action

Started by Tsubasa, December 09, 2004, 06:56:19 AM

Tsubasa

The Japanese company Media Factory has sent AnimeSuki a legal request to remove links to torrents for their series.  This is... different....  No Japanese company has ever presented anyone in the US fansubbing community with a legal request.  For now, we'll just have to wait and see what reprecussions on the digital-fansubbing community this will have.  A similar event occured about eight months ago in the scanslation community with SnoopyCool, which was contacted by Kondansha in a much similar fashion.  Since then, there have been no further developments with that.  However, knowing that, we cannot predict with certainty that the Media Factory case will be a redux.  Whatever happens, those who are following School Rumble, Genshiken, Gankutsuou, and Akane Maniax (among other things) will have a harder time obtaining episodes.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Chloe

Wow... Seems like some really interesting stuff.  And SnoopyCool was one of my headquarters! ><
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

VictimX

What penalties can be brought against AnimeSuki if links are not cut between it self and torrent? I'd like to know what hapens please do a follow up.

KimaLucifer

What series did Media Factory do? I'm kinda curious.
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "KimaLucifer"What series did Media Factory do? I'm kinda curious.

School Rumble
Gankustsuo
 Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (including Akane Maniax)
Genshiken (including Kujibiki Unbalance)
 RahXephon (OVA only, TV + Movie is licensed already)
UFO Princess Warukyure (any season)
Pugyuru
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

ChiefWoodchuck

Quote from: "KimaLucifer"What series did Media Factory do? I'm kinda curious.

Even though their unlicenced stuff was already listed, I thought that I'd list some of their licenced stuff as well.

*Gravion
*Najica
*Bakuretsu Tenshi
*Ikkitousen
*A-Ko
*Vandread

There are more series listed on the Media Factory website here.

KimaLucifer

Hmm...Well I watched none of them so I don't really mind this whole issue thing even though I do understand what people on both sides are saying in their defense.
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Chloe

*Blinks*

Wow!  I didn't know of the other things Media Factory had liscened...
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

ChiefWoodchuck

Quote from: "Chloe"*Blinks*

Wow!  I didn't know of the other things Media Factory had liscened...

I had never heard them mention in connection with any projects other than Kimi ga Nozomu Eien and Akane Maniax.  It took me by surprise when I saw they had been part of so many other series.  But for most of the series they have listed on their website they weren't the main studio working on them, they just helped.

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: "KimaLucifer"Hmm...Well I watched none of them so I don't really mind this whole issue thing even though I do understand what people on both sides are saying in their defense.

this issue may encourage other anime companies to do the same.
Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com

KimaLucifer

Quote from: "jinnai_animexcalibur"
Quote from: "KimaLucifer"Hmm...Well I watched none of them so I don't really mind this whole issue thing even though I do understand what people on both sides are saying in their defense.

this issue may encourage other anime companies to do the same.

I also don't download Anime. I get them recorded in Japan and sent here on vcd's.
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon