Anime Palace opened a store in Sunnyvale, CA

Started by neko ewen, December 31, 2004, 08:26:05 PM

neko ewen

So Anime Palace, one of the cooler Dealers Room vendors has opened up a local store... The only thing is that it's at a really crappy location that you have exactly zero chance of seeing from the street.

For my part I'd like to see this store not completely die, hence the post. They carry a really incredible selection of gashapon and other figures, plus trading cards, doujins, plushies, and about a million other things. Personally I spent about $140 there for Christmas shopping (the good and bad of having so many anime fans on my list).

Their website has directions, and if you want to take VTA it's right off of the 55 bus (which in turn connects with the 25, which in turn connects with Light Rail at Tamien station, though there are undoubtedly other ways to get to it).

nyo~
Yaruki Zero Games | Ask me about Maid RPG
"I dream heavy metal but I live whiny punk rock."

OniCourseMusha

well, Sunnyvale is a cool city since they have a golf land where they have really cool selection of fighting games and music games *oh yeah Beatmania IIDX RED*
I would like to check it out if anyone who takes me there want to check it out as well.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

ced1106

What did people get in their grab bags?  :D  The first one (thanks, Mike!) was great: Bulleta figurine, Blonde chick from Evangelion figure, silly Pikachu mini-plush. Second batch was crappy: Ugly plush, cool Astroboy figurine set, random One-Piece figurine, cardboard puzzle, mecha figurine, One Piece gashponde toy set.

If anyone wants to trade some random anime stuff, PM me and I'll meet you at No Name or Foothill Anime!

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

Shinsengumi

Cool, I would like to check it out someday.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Nephilim

Woo! First time i hear of it. I'll try to pass by there today since i'm gonna get a haircut at Valley Fair.

"Frah muja lycd sa uid, ed fyc lniamdo fru duug bedo uh sa..."

Ska_Kitti

:D I spent a good ten minutes looking for AP because I thought the sign faced Duane. Instead, it faces Lawrence and the sign is so small. The guy who was there said that they weren't allowed to post a big sign. THAT PLACE IS HELLA SMALL. It's like the size OF a Fanime Dealer booth. They sure do pack alot into that itty bitty living space.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Nephilim

Yeah, it was an adventure to find that place. I barely made it to work, but at least I know where it is for future reference. It's pretty close to my college.

"Frah muja lycd sa uid, ed fyc lniamdo fru duug bedo uh sa..."

jinnai_animexcalibur

Dang, I used to live near there! (Like 2 min. driving distance)

Memories... :sniff:
Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com

EndLeSS8

sweet! thanks for the heads up. I'll try to check it out this weekend or something.
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Chun

Do they have bishoujo or ren'ai games? Or Kanon trading cards? I've been looking for some of them.

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Ska_Kitti

I think they have Kanon. The store owner just back from Japan yesterday, so you can go and check it out if you can find it! haha.

He also plans to get a shipment of good luck cats in like the one he has on the righthand shelf by the doorway at the top. I plan to pick one up on my scheduled monthly visit.
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

YoureMyHiro

They have a booth at AOD so Ill be sure to check our the variety of goods.

KyraEnsui

Hmm... I might as well visit them. Haha.. I know I will get lost, but I will get directions and I can ask a few of my friends who know where Sunnyvale is and they will know too. Haha.. Wow. I want to visit.

EndLeSS8

I went today. Damn it's nice. And the owner is a really cool person as well. I bought a few things; Tomo (from Azumanga) keychain, a ZAFT (from Gundamn SEED) bath towel, and yaaaa a new trading figure of Meyrin (from Gundam SEED DESTINY)! zomg <3 Meyrin!
the place is really nice.
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Ska_Kitti

It's kinda weird how small his place is, but he usually has the one of the bigger dealer tables ot there because he tucks his store in a box and takes it with him. :D
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Gaahl

Anime Palace is on the road, A LOT!
Almost two weeks out of every month they are out for conventions and business trips.

(408)737-8168 is their Sunnyvale office number.  I would strongly advice you to call and find out their availability first.
Do or Don't, there is no Try.

Ska_Kitti

There are two stores in the US: One in California and one in Ohio. The owner has to attend the west side cons as Ohio takes care of the east side cons. Usually he is either off at a con or Japan refilling his collection. Availiability? I'm good friends with him, so I know what's up. He's off to Anime Expo, then going to Japan in late July this year. I think he'll be going to Yaoi-con and the second AOD this year as well.
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Declinsion

I used to live like 5 minutes from Sunnyvale! Why oh why did my father want to move?

CuteMew

Quote from: "neko ewen"So Anime Palace, one of the cooler Dealers Room vendors has opened up a local store... The only thing is that it's at a really crappy location that you have exactly zero chance of seeing from the street.

.... lol I've seen it from the street.... I think the word "Anime" just pops out at me.... -_-

Tsubasa

Went there this last Saturday.  It does look like they have less than at cons.  I'll just assume that they sold a good chunk of it at AX, which would be a safe bet.

Got some random stuff....  Banzai for the To Heart 2 mini-figure set thingy. XD  Only $20 for six figures too.  I'm hella gonna have to go back for maybe a Fate/stay night set or something. XD  Darn them for selling out of most of their AIR plushies at AX.  I wanted a Misuzu.  They only had Kano left. ; ;  I kinda made up for that by going to Anime 101 and getting two different AIR mugs, both picturing Misuzu. =P
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR