So...where do you buy your anime?

Started by yOna, January 02, 2005, 12:14:31 AM

yOna

As the title states, where do you buy your anime?
What websites are reliable and trustworthy to buy anime from?
I'd love to hear from you guys. There are many people including myself who just don't know a good place to shop.
Thanks,

yOna :!:
Christine L.
FanimeCon Registration Staff

Rette

amazon.com, if they have it. They have the mainstream ones like Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, and I'm sure others, but those are the only ones I've looked for. They're also okay with translated manga, including new realeses. Hope that's helpful...

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

ChiefWoodchuck

I like rightstuf.com for my online purchases.  They have a ton of stuff and it seems like there's always some kind of promotional discount going on.

Mordyan

I order a lot from AnimeNation ( http://www.animenation.com/ ). They have cool deals and a ton of titles. All their titles are  region 1.

Auron-X

I dont order fomr online, I buy my Anime from Suncoast. Awesome place. They sell Pocky also.
Dude you're the sasquatch you're real! I knew it all along! Naw jk but thats your nickname now hehe- Sword

I am also known as Sasquatch and Pervy Shoujo Man!

VictimX

I get my stuff any where I can with a good price, ebay, stores, garage sales, flea markets, you'd be surprised what yoiu can find there and so on. I mainly look for sales since I don't have a lot of money to spend.

RyuHayabusa

Mine's either Best Buy or Fry's Electronics for the physical stores, and for online, rightstuf.com :D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

doorbell

http://www.discountanimedvd.com/ > greater than all other anime sites. You can get the anime soo cheap too! its great.

Ska_Kitti

O ho ho ho ho ho! My friend gave me an AWESOME link to buy cheap imported anime! I reccomend it for everyone. The main base is in Sacramento.

www.animekrazy.com

They often hold sales and sell box sets of popular anime series for cheap. Also, there is this next place where I haven't yet tried as I don't know their system, but anime is cheap.

www.animegod.com
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

hellangel

um...ebay ^^" i usually buy from "power sellers," and only products that are new. NOT BOOTLEGGED!!!! >.<
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

frumpy

um, is this topic referring to anime dvds or merchandise?
Camilla Wong
Dealers Dept '07-'12, 2014-current
Charity Auction '04, '09-'12
Video Programming '00-'04
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99

YoureMyHiro

Merchandise I would assume pertain to DVDS as well but you know what they say about those who assume. Anyways, my response is ANYWHERE ITS CHEAP.

jindo

My region 2 dvds... from Amazon Japan and rest like Region 1's I buy it from ebay or best buy(with discount coupon only).  8)
If you can afford a smart phone, then you can support the industries by "purchasing" the legit goods.

yOna

Quote from: "frumpy"um, is this topic referring to anime dvds or merchandise?

I'm referring to DVDs
Christine L.
FanimeCon Registration Staff

frumpy

Quote from: "YoureMyHiro"Merchandise I would assume pertain to DVDS as well but you know what they say about those who assume. Anyways, my response is ANYWHERE ITS CHEAP.

Sorry, let me clearify...
Merchandise: toys, trinkets, collectibles, action figures.
Camilla Wong
Dealers Dept '07-'12, 2014-current
Charity Auction '04, '09-'12
Video Programming '00-'04
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99

BunofGovt

I buy most of my dvd and anime related stuff (figures, toys) from Collector's Universe, El Cerrito, CA.  My manga mainly comes from Kinokuniya Bookstore in the JapanTown center, San Francisco.  Other items I may pick up at different cons.  Yeah, it's not cheap and I'm putting the Collector's Universe owner's kids through school with my purchases.  Sigh, but they're such cute kids and deserve a chance for a good education.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Shinsengumi

I mostly buy DVD's at SunCoast, as for Merchandise I go to Japan Town in San Francisco CA or any Cons that I go to.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Croquet

Fry's or Best Buy usually have the best deals. Suncoast is more expensive, but has a greater selection if you are looking for something harder to find. I dont buy online though, don't trust the evils of technology!
Let's play
some Croquet!

Mordyan

Quote from: "Croquet"Fry's or Best Buy usually have the best deals. Suncoast is more expensive, but has a greater selection if you are looking for something harder to find. I dont buy online though, don't trust the evils of technology!

Yeah Suncoast sells most of their stuff at full price, but they do have good sales sometims on new releases. I just picked up ROD the TV #4 for $20 from them.

Plus I am a Replay member, which gives you points towards rebate coupons. The down side is you have to pay for the member ship but I have already gotten $60+ worth of coupons. So It paid for itself the first year.

xXHaruGloryxX

well, i get all my anime from ebay, and i guess i lack morals, cos i dont really care if its bootlegged anymore. i dont need subs so much, so as long as i got the series, im good. also, amazon.com, roberts anime corner store, and amazon japan are really good. and i live in a hick town here in cali, so anime is hard to come by in physical stores....heh. as for merchandise, i buy all my anime goods from j list,*they have a great selection of dating sims* and ebay.*just got a bebop lighter from them. it works great*
and now im off, to....take over the world...or have pizza, either way im happy