Howl's Moving Castle

Started by HanyaanFaery, February 07, 2005, 07:20:39 AM

frumpy

Quote from: "Haruka"It's playing at the Kabuki 8 Theatre in S.F.  And from the advertisements I've seen, Howl sounds a lot like Brad Pitt.

Unfortunately, it will have to win an Oscar before it will play in Fresno.

The voice for Howl is actually done by Christian Bale. (Batman Begins)
Camilla Wong
Dealers Dept '07-'12, 2014-current
Charity Auction '04, '09-'12
Video Programming '00-'04
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99

Haruka

Christian Bale is hot.  I've had a crush on him since I was 12.
Join me at Ani-Jam 2011 in Fresno, CA.  August 20-21

Vanessa

Now where can I see a subtitled verison? The dub is everywhere and I need to hear Takuya Kimura on the big screen!

ced1106

Quote from: "Vanessa"Now where can I see a subtitled verison? The dub is everywhere and I need to hear Takuya Kimura on the big screen!

Ed will say yea or nay  :D but I've noticed that No Name, San Jose, www.nnanime.com will show the sub a few months after the movie's been shown in the theatre (sorta like how movie companies release the DVD, but with more lag time  :D

Billy Crystal is doing anime! Woohoo!

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

AbsolutelyCursed

For those people in San Jose I believe the movie is playing at the Century 20 Oakridge theatre and the CineArts theatre @ Santana Row

EdOfNoName

Quote from: "ced1106"Ed will say yea or nay  :D but I've noticed that No Name, San Jose, www.nnanime.com will show the sub a few months after the movie's been shown in the theatre (sorta like how movie companies release the DVD, but with more lag time  :D

It's great that Howl arrived in the theater here before the Region 2 DVD release in Japan. But it's too early to answer if No-Name will show it until there's a DVD released there (or here).

Chloe

Quote from: "EdOfNoName"
Quote from: "ced1106"Ed will say yea or nay  :D but I've noticed that No Name, San Jose, www.nnanime.com will show the sub a few months after the movie's been shown in the theatre (sorta like how movie companies release the DVD, but with more lag time  :D

It's great that Howl arrived in the theater here before the Region 2 DVD release in Japan. But it's too early to answer if No-Name will show it until there's a DVD released there (or here).[/quote

Ooh, yay!  I just watched the dubbed version, and it was okay.  I wouldn't mind seeing it again, but in Japanese!  :3]
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

Noriko Ukai

Read both books... waiting for the movie to come out here.
So who likes Avenue Q? PM me if you do.

firegoddessnerys

I saw the dubbed version last week. Luckily a local theatre got it :) I loved the movie, can't wait to get the dvd when it comes out! I like the dub but I'm anxious to hear the japanese as well.

A Tale as Old as Time

digimel11

i was lucky to get to see the sub on the big screen in boston. they were alternating sub and dub for the showings, and you didn't know which one you were gunna see til you got to the theater.

i LOVE that movie! i think it's one of Miyazaki's best. i need to hunt down the books now cuz i don't read enough.
COSTUME PLANS FOR FANIME 2007: ???

Sunara Ishi

I need to watch the sub sometime. ~adds to long list of things to watch~
Too bad I missed it when it was in the theaters. (Assuming my friend was right that it was no longer there.)
Was the theater one a dub?
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Moogleborg

Is it out on DVD yet? ^^
Running on moé, 24/7/365.