$3 gallon gas

Started by astroboy, March 16, 2005, 06:44:21 PM

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: "YoureMyHiro"Dude, I have to commute from San Jose to the Monterey Bay everyday for work, gas prices are raping me.

Monterey Bay? Holy smokes! Suprised you are not living somewhere inbetween so your commute would be shorter!

Jerry

this show how the times have changed...

back in 2005 we were complaining about $3 gas...

now 3 years later...

2008 and were still struggleing to deal with $4.25+/gal in some areas still.

at least the prices are dropping "slightly" now.

if we could ONLY DREAM about $3/gal gas now...

sheesh. Damn Bush. :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

JiiiWiz

Quote from: Jerry on August 06, 2008, 12:26:21 PM
this show how the times have changed...

back in 2005 we were complaining about $3 gas...

now 3 years later...

2008 and were still struggleing to deal with $4.25+/gal in some areas still.

at least the prices are dropping "slightly" now.

if we could ONLY DREAM about $3/gal gas now...

sheesh. Damn Bush. :P

Gas prices here in Stockton got pretty ugly a couple of weeks ago. It was actually almost $5 ._. But later on it has been dropping...'slightly' till now.
$4.25 now $3.95
I am so happy to see something in the $3 range again. Yet it's still expensive. -sighs- I hope it goes down to $3...again it would be a miracle D:
"Please don't.."

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Jerry

Quote from: JTchinoy on August 06, 2008, 04:52:06 PM
I miss $.75/gallon

:'(

Watch Die Hard again and look at the gas prices in the background.

We'll NEVER see those days ever again.

Edit -

it could be worse, anyone see I AM LEGEND in the background I swore gas prices were somewhere around $8.23+/gal

I also hope we never see gas prices like that either...  :-[

JiiiWiz

Quote from: JTchinoy on August 06, 2008, 04:52:06 PM
I miss $.75/gallon

:'(

Yeah  :'(

I srsly hope prices drop a bit more...it's like killing everyone

Quote from: Jerry
Watch Die Hard again and look at the gas prices in the background.

We'll NEVER see those days ever again.

Edit -

it could be worse, anyone see I AM LEGEND in the background I swore gas prices were somewhere around $8.23+/gal

I also hope we never see gas prices like that either...  :-[

Ah, I hope gas prices don't reach that point in the future :(
"Please don't.."

JTchinoy

Here's some food for thought:
a decent paying job here in manila is about $25-30 a day.  That's a 12 hour day.
The gas prices here are almost the same as those in California.

Now complain about gas prices.  :P

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

XpHoBiaX

People out here have lost their jobs becuase of the gas. It's STILL $4.25 here.
I am still waiting for an appointment time to get fingerprinted and my TB shot so I can work in the school district. It's pretty good pay for what I put in for, hopefully travel time won't kill that entirely.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

Shinsengumi

The lowest around there in Salinas is $4.09 that's what the lowest I've seen so far
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Jerry

a Few random spots here and there ive seen prices drop below $3.95/gal for regular...

but I know alot of high end cars that use the uber premium stuff... so they're hurting alot too.

does anyone own an electric or a hybrid vehicle?

ive always been curious what the general opinion (2 cents) from you guys would be.  :)

Paul Who Ahh

I read the thread title and thought there was some sort of special gas sale. Turns out, it's a relatively old thread. Le sigh. A dollar increase in price in just under 5 months? Simply outrageous.

At the station closest to home in Milpitas, it's $4.21/gal with $4.23 as the city's mean price. $3 gas would be a dream. Hopefully we won't be looking back another 5 months from now and reminiscing about $4/gal gas.

rude32

Quote from: Jerry on August 07, 2008, 01:43:01 PM
a Few random spots here and there ive seen prices drop below $3.95/gal for regular...

but I know alot of high end cars that use the uber premium stuff... so they're hurting alot too.

ive always been curious what the general opinion (2 cents) from you guys would be.  :)
I don't own one, but thanks to gas prices nowadays it's definetely going to be my next choice in car. If people want very cheap gas thats about 10 cents cheaper than everywhere else, go to any ampm in Tracy, if you happen to be driving by.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

DemonLordZabuza

Quote from: Jerry on August 07, 2008, 01:43:01 PM

Once upon a time my brother rented a hybrid...semi by accident but still.  If memory serves me right he drove all the way from San Diego to Watsonville using very little gas.  I want to say 1/2 a tank but maybe it was more like 1.25.  Him being from SD he is use to driving 80+.  But whatever it was his gas was ridiculously well. 

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

Kaura117

Eh. At least we're not paying European prices. As my British cohorts are so quick to note, their transport system does not make up for the USD$15/gallon.

Kyley

*sob*  I miss cheep gas, I remember I could fill up my car for like $15, now it takes $65.  At lease my mini is pretty fuel efficient.

G.I.R

I miss my old (Suzuki built) Chevy Sprint.  It got 48 to 53 miles per gallon.