Beck

Started by joshness, March 21, 2005, 09:06:35 PM

joshness

I freaking love this anime.   The music, how do I put this, SIMPLY ROCKS!!!  Episode 24 is just beautifully done.  There was an excitement in me over this episode.  I guess its the entire idea of when your most favorite band that has a small following is finally recognized by the public.  Beck continues to go strong and continues to become my favorite Anime.  *whipes a tear*

RyuHayabusa

I ordered the DVD-R fansub of this, watched the 1st episode and I'm hooked. I can't wait to see more of this. :D and yes, the music rocks :D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

frumpy

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"I ordered the DVD-R fansub of this, watched the 1st episode and I'm hooked. I can't wait to see more of this. :D and yes, the music rocks :D

Ordered!?! Whatever happened to good 'ol fashion downloading? lol
Camilla Wong
Dealers Dept '07-'12, 2014-current
Charity Auction '04, '09-'12
Video Programming '00-'04
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "frumpy"
Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"I ordered the DVD-R fansub of this, watched the 1st episode and I'm hooked. I can't wait to see more of this. :D and yes, the music rocks :D

I don't have the time to download the 1st 13 episodes and the subsequent episodes after it. At least where the guy releases the DVD-R fansubs, he takes them off his fansub list when an anime get licensed.
http://www.animedivxonline.com is where I get some of the anime from

OniCourseMusha

Really good anime! I have up to 13 eps! It gets better and better!
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

ced1106

Beck is currently being shown at Foothill Anime!  :D
http://foothill.anime.net/schedule.html

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

Shinsengumi

Quote from: "OniCourseMusha"Really good anime! I have up to 13 eps! It gets better and better!

I hope you have new eps cause I want to see more, I love that anime, I love the opening theme song.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

OniCourseMusha

And I now have 18 eps!
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Shinsengumi

dude you got to let me see the rest.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Glitch

Quote from: "Shinsengumi"
Quote from: "OniCourseMusha"Really good anime! I have up to 13 eps! It gets better and better!

I hope you have new eps cause I want to see more, I love that anime, I love the opening theme song.
yet another anime the oni has addicted us to.We are the junkies and he is the pusher. ^^

gmontem

Sounds interesting hehe.  Hurry up and license it dammit.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

joshness

I just downloaded the soundtrack to Beck, done by the real groups.  Man, this CD ROCKS HARD!!! I never knew the japanese rock scene was this good.  When I can get my hands on a legal copy of this album I'm going to certainly pick it up.  Hopefully someone will import for fanime?  Anyways, they have another soundtrack that is done by the voices of kyouki and Chiba.

GO BECK!!!! Too bad there are only two more episodes in the series =(.... I guess I'll have to read the manga to get my fix of any more Beck.

digimel11

i just finished the anime....AAA!!! the best!!!! the manga is up to volume 22 and is being released in the US by tokyopop this summer!  pssssst that manga is better than the anime! if you liked the anime, you'll love the manga 10X more!! the art is better, the jokes are better, and Saitou-san is more perverted! HEHEHE! i recommend it to everyone! ^_^
COSTUME PLANS FOR FANIME 2007: ???

joshness

Quote from: "digimel11"i just finished the anime....AAA!!! the best!!!! the manga is up to volume 22 and is being released in the US by tokyopop this summer!  pssssst that manga is better than the anime! if you liked the anime, you'll love the manga 10X more!! the art is better, the jokes are better, and Saitou-san is more perverted! HEHEHE! i recommend it to everyone! ^_^

I've read up to chapter 57 (don't know where I can get my hands on the rest).  I enjoyed both the anime and the Manga.  I felt that the Anime did an excellent job in capturing the feel of the Manga.  It felt almost like an extension to the Manga, the Manga just can't express music the way the Anime can.  Also, for the most part, the Anime followed the Manga just leaving out a few things here and there which I felt weren't really necessary.  My only gripe with the Anime is that I didn't like the way they did the last episode.  They should have either extended the anime another 2 or 3 episodes (show the USA tour) or just end the Anime with the Greatful sound performance.

Anyways, I can't wait to pickup a copy of it from Tokyopop.  Hopefully someone at fanime will have a copy of the two soundtracks from the Anime (unforatenly the soundtracks don't have the Opening Theme song on them).

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"

I don't have the time to download the 1st 13 episodes and the subsequent episodes after it. At least where the guy releases the DVD-R fansubs, he takes them off his fansub list when an anime get licensed.

LOL You buy pirtated fansub dvds! LOL

And yeah Beck is awesome and I think the fanime music fest should change their name to Greatful Sound!

joshness

Quote from: "lyricaldanichan"

And yeah Beck is awesome and I think the fanime music fest should change their name to Greatful Sound!

I second that!  Especially if we could get Beat Crusaders and Typhoon 24, that would rock so f'n hard.

swordofthebezerk

Downloaded the anime and the manga just recently. Read up to the 15th volume and watched 3 episodes. I gotta say you gotta read it and watch it to get the full feeling because when you read you can't hear the music and when you watch it you actually have to listen to them try to speak engrish which is almost unbearable. So far i've loved it.

Updated Version

RyuHayabusa

Not really. It's not a bootleg. He convetrts the .avi files to DVD format so you can watch them on your DVD player. BTW, I've been around longer and I do remember getting  fansubs via VHS tapes and when a title it got licensed, it was pulled from the list. This guy does it as well and he also charges the same way for what a VHS fansub tape would cost. This is for people who have 56k connections or slower and want to see their new anime as well. I do have a dsl connection, but i'm not going to going to spend downloading the whole thing of Beck. It would take me at least 2 weeks downloading on/off to be finished. This is nice alternative.

lyricaldanichan

Not really. It's not a bootleg. He convetrts the .avi files to DVD format so you can watch them on your DVD player. BTW, I've been around longer and I do remember getting  fansubs via VHS tapes and when a title it got licensed, it was pulled from the list. This guy does it as well and he also charges the same way for what a VHS fansub tape would cost. This is for people who have 56k connections or slower and want to see their new anime as well. I do have a dsl connection, but i'm not going to going to spend downloading the whole thing of Beck. It would take me at least 2 weeks downloading on/off to be finished. This is nice alternative.

They are making money off of it one way or another. Back in the day if you wanted fansubs you send a SASE with blanks to get your fix LOL.

frumpy

Not really. It's not a bootleg.

Actually, yes it is. Bootlegs are basically anything that's not officially sanctioned by the studio who owns the rights - regardless if the title has or has not been licensed in North America. Once a person has burned the data to DVD and sells them, that's pirating.
Camilla Wong
Dealers Dept '07-'12, 2014-current
Charity Auction '04, '09-'12
Video Programming '00-'04
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99