Der Cosplay on DVD

Started by Not Erica, March 26, 2005, 06:14:20 PM

Would you buy a Der Cosplay DVD for $10?

Yes
72 (86.7%)
No
11 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Voting closed: March 26, 2005, 06:14:20 PM

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "kittyranma"Actually, this years cosplay was taped by a single Hi Definition camera, but there is no time to edit, and no hosting company that would provide enough bandwidth to download the HD version (the full version, compressed into Windows Media 9 would still be around 8 gigs).

But I may post a couple of clips if you all want to nominate the two you want to see. Here is an example

http://ranma.com/fanime05/FC05-cos-test-01.wmv

p.s... you really need a *fast* PC to watch this.

(file is about 24 mb)

*eyetwitch* Isn't there any way you can shrink the size -- as in the height and width of this thing? The movie's bigger than my screen! However, you did get some crisp video there :3

(And now we know why the whole thing's eight gigs...)

edit: Anyone have a torrent tracker?
epic progressive

vox

Niana Kuonji

Vanessa
QuoteOk.. I looked on the site and have no info on buying the disc. Do I just paypal them $$?
I think I put that in right...Anyway, all you have to do is go to their site and look up contact information. I emailed her, but I'd rather not just go tossing someone's info out carelessly. Bad karma ensues. No da. n,.,n!
I'd be a rabid fan-girl if I hadn't had my shots! n,.,n

xMkLx

10 bucks is reasonable
Rawr

MisakiFan41

hate to be a party pooper on consplayers' dvd sale but, did anybody read the fine print they posted?

Quote from: "kittyranma"Actually, this years cosplay was taped by a single Hi Definition camera, but there is no time to edit, and no hosting company that would provide enough bandwidth to download the HD version (the full version, compressed into Windows Media 9 would still be around 8 gigs).

But I may post a couple of clips if you all want to nominate the two you want to see. Here is an example

(file is about 24 mb)

say you didn't by any chance get me and brian's yaoi moment? did ya? ;D

On yet another break....

Mach5Motorsport

Quote from: "MisakiFan41"
say you didn't by any chance get me and brian's yaoi moment? did ya? ;D

Actually, that wasn't a yaoi moment.  it was closer to a shonen-ai moment. 8)
Brian Doan "Dieter"

Fanime Cosplay Host 2006
Fanime DerCosplay Coord. 2001-2005
Yaoi Con Cosplay Coord. 2002-2005
JTAF 1 & 2
2003 Anime Expo Cosplay, Art & Charity Host
2002 Project Akon Cosplay Host

Niana Kuonji

What's your point? It was still fardling hilarious. I just about died laughing over in our cramped little 'actors only' section.

Note to self: next year, hide in the audience, get better view.
I'd be a rabid fan-girl if I hadn't had my shots! n,.,n

Ayanami Rei First Child

Well someone said on the front page about people not buying the 2003 edition of Der Cosplay.....I think they should sell it in an obvious area....and sell it this year, if they don't make one again. Maybeh have a mail order booth or something <.<;;

otakuapprentice

(file is about 24 mb)
hahahaha, thats classic :lol:  :lol:
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Mandy Mitchell

Mabye we should have a sign-in sheet to see how many people are interested or committed to buying a Der Cosplay tape/DVD.  That way it wouldn't be too risky to make the tapes/DVDs in the first place.

I would definitely purchase a DVD.  In fact, I was one of the people who bought the Der Cosplay tape back in 2003.

swordman85

Ummm I was curious, what exactly is Der Cosplay?

Ruby

Quote from: "swordman85"Ummm I was curious, what exactly is Der Cosplay?

DerCosplay is basically Fanime's masqurade. :D It's on Sunday night of the convention and is a night full of talented cosplayers doing skits and stuff like that...so...Either from a scene they liked from a certain series/game, or just something they made up from an Anime/game. :D
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

otakuya

It's FanimeCon's version of a typical anime convention's main event. There is a huge show of cosplayers performing and nearly the entire convention population attends. Many other cons call the event "Masquerade". Since 2001, FanimeCon has been calling it "DerCosplay", because Brian Doan, the host of the show since, acted like the German talk show host Dieter from SNL, complete with accents and one-liners. For 2006, however, we have a new coordinator who was part of AX's cosplay, I believe. But I'm sure it won't be called "DerCosplay" this year.

Ruby

Quote from: "Otakuya"

It's FanimeCon's version of a typical anime convention's main event. There is a huge show of cosplayers performing and nearly the entire convention population attends. Many other cons call the event "Masquerade". Since 2001, FanimeCon has been calling it "DerCosplay", because Brian Doan, the host of the show since, acted like the German talk show host Dieter from SNL, complete with accents and one-liners. For 2006, however, we have a new coordinator who was part of AX's cosplay, I believe. But I'm sure it won't be called "DerCosplay" this year.

I want Dieter back. ;_;
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

swordman85

Oh ok thanks.  I would definatly buy a copy of it then, especially since I plan on participating

SweetNiar

Quote from: "Ruby"
Quote from: "Otakuya"

I want Dieter back. ;_;

Aww me too! :(

Mach5Motorsport

Well, Dieter needs a break.  

I will be back, but Dieter needs to go back to Vienna or where ever he likes to go.
Brian Doan "Dieter"

Fanime Cosplay Host 2006
Fanime DerCosplay Coord. 2001-2005
Yaoi Con Cosplay Coord. 2002-2005
JTAF 1 & 2
2003 Anime Expo Cosplay, Art & Charity Host
2002 Project Akon Cosplay Host

otakuya

Quote from: "Mach5Motorsport"Well, Dieter needs a break.  

I will be back, but Dieter needs to go back to Vienna or where ever he likes to go.
I kinda like that German guy in the Volkswagen commercials; the guy who "pimps out rides". He's cool. Not as cool as Dieter was though.

StrawberryNeko

does anyone know if this masquerade dvd is for certain?