Ways to protect yourself while buying at Fanime.

Started by dealerJason, April 02, 2005, 01:50:17 AM

FanFicGuru

Quote from: zeroelement on May 19, 2011, 08:03:39 PM
On the topic of bootlegs Please note that some Anime companies are going out of business do to influx of people getting bootlegs(an fansubs TT_TT ) Last i heard Funimation is close to declaring bankrupt

Heard from where? Funimation is at ACEN right now talking about how they're in negotiations for licensing more One Piece episodes/movies as well as a number of other licensing announcements.

It's true that bootlegs hurt the industry. That's a given. That's why you want to make sure you're on guard so that you don't buy a fake product and not only get an inferior product, but basically support the robbers. :)
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

zeroelement

Quote from: FanFicGuru on May 22, 2011, 01:19:33 PM
Quote from: zeroelement on May 19, 2011, 08:03:39 PM
On the topic of bootlegs Please note that some Anime companies are going out of business do to influx of people getting bootlegs(an fansubs TT_TT ) Last i heard Funimation is close to declaring bankrupt

Heard from where? Funimation is at ACEN right now talking about how they're in negotiations for licensing more One Piece episodes/movies as well as a number of other licensing announcements.

It's true that bootlegs hurt the industry. That's a given. That's why you want to make sure you're on guard so that you don't buy a fake product and not only get an inferior product, but basically support the robbers. :)
I heard it from peole in my club who are way bigger fans than me.
Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

zeroelement

How to protect yourself while buying at fanime
Avoid buying Grab Bags.  http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,16052.0.html  Unless you buy them with a few other people and split but the loot to who wants what.
Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.