Powerpuff Girls Anime Announced

Started by RyuHayabusa, April 02, 2005, 03:33:18 PM

Mach5Motorsport

Wow.  PPG go anime.  Guess it has come full circle.  Or it means that anime studios in Japan are really in a creative panic and for fear of recycling previous titles or make-overs they are looking overseas for something new and different.  Kinda ironic since Hollywood has been barrowing HK titles and directors since the 90s.
Brian Doan "Dieter"

Fanime Cosplay Host 2006
Fanime DerCosplay Coord. 2001-2005
Yaoi Con Cosplay Coord. 2002-2005
JTAF 1 & 2
2003 Anime Expo Cosplay, Art & Charity Host
2002 Project Akon Cosplay Host

Shinsengumi

My friend showed me a flash of the anime powerpuff girls, I would rather watch this version than the Cartoon Network version, Cause I really don't like the Cartoon Network version.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Raigeki

Quote from: "Zain"If we're lucky, it'll look as cute as this:

Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi

I agree with you on that one. I checked out the doujinshi and it's great, but I perfer the show on local because I don't have cable.
Wha ha ha! WHAT A HAUL!  WHAT A HAUL! WHAT A HAUL! -Happosai
Ironically, I have this as my ringtone Hehe...

Tsubasa

Age!

The series began this season.  The first episode has been subbed by Doremi and Fighting Magic.  I'd say it's a very nifty juxtaposition of the original show and Japanese and/or anime conventions we've become accustomed to.  Still pretty much retains the original feel of the show, but the girls aren't just created on-the-spot anymore.  They're basically normal girls who gain powers (read: mahou shoujo).  To quote myself:
Quote from: "Tsubasa"This actually looks kinda cool.  Mahou shoujoish.
I totally called that one. =P

The entire seiyuu cast are basically unknowns.  Kinda a disappointment. ; ;

I like how Bubbles is ojou-ish.  I didn't see that one coming, but it kinda works.  And I think Blossom is a lot cuter in this version.  I never really cared much for Buttercup and that doesn't change in the anime. XD;
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Sunara Ishi

(...)

I don't think its as cute as the original but it might be ok. This bubbles bugs me. She doesn't seem playful enough.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Tsubasa"Still pretty much retains the original feel of the show...

I think the anime is a bit wackier...was there ever a PPG episode where...

Quote from: "ep01 Spoiler"...they go and stop a battle -- Mojo AND AUDIENCE included!! -- to go and have a nice bowl of ice cream?!

That's just...whoa, man. XD Insane, to say the least.

BTW, Miss Bellum still retains her title as best non-PPG in PPG character ever.
epic progressive

vox

uzutake

Quote from: "Raigeki"
Quote from: "Zain"If we're lucky, it'll look as cute as this:

Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi

I agree with you on that one. I checked out the doujinshi and it's great, but I perfer the show on local because I don't have cable.

That is the best PPG doujinshi(if not the only) out there. Seriously.

PPG anime? Heard it's less...directed towards younger audiences O_OU hope that makes sense.

Spiritsnare

Right now, for me, OP > ED, but both are quite awesome. Not as awesome as previous themes, but it's probably just me. And, unfortunately, there are no traces of the original OP in either track. I suppose I'll have to listen to the long versions before I decide whether or not they go in my playlists.

Quote from: "uzutake"PPG anime? Heard it's less...directed towards younger audiences O_OU hope that makes sense.

Nope. The adaptation also appears geared toward the younger crowd.
epic progressive

vox

Tsubasa

On my end OP < ED.  The OP just doesn't click with me for some reason.  I'm opening up the file and playing the ED here and there. =3
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

KimaLucifer

I watched the first episode.

I say ick. It`s too Magical girl for me and the character settings are strange.
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

zoupzuop2

Quote from: "uzutake"
PPG anime? Heard it's less...directed towards younger audiences O_OU hope that makes sense.

PPG YURI!!! PPG YURI!!!
...Just kidding.
Seriously, though, I wonder what Bleedman is thinking about this.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

hosoi-koe

Bubble's transformation sequence is pure ownage. Her loli-ness is just too hot. :3

And this... looks odd. I found it on /gif @ 4Chan. XD

~ Jun Watarase <3

serajwl

...Liek wut?

...Wow. Just wow. I'll probably end up watching it anyway XD.

zoupzuop2

Quote from: zoupzuop2
PPG YURI!!! PPG YURI!!!
Quote from: hosoi-koe
Wow. I was only joking, hosoi.  :P JKLOLROFLMAOPANCAKES
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "hosoi-koe"Bubble's transformation sequence is pure ownage. Her loli-ness is just too hot. :3

This is why my relationship with 4chan is a love/hate one.
epic progressive

vox

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "hosoi-koe"Bubble's transformation sequence is pure ownage. Her loli-ness is just too hot. :3

This is why my relationship with 4chan is a love/love moar one.

>>>Fixed
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

saiko_koneko

someone...

help me...

....can't....hold...down laughter

YoureMyHiro

Ive got the first two episodes but Ive been lagging on watching them. Ill post my two cents later.

saiko_koneko

sadistic-otaku

I watched the episodes on youtube. The anime is seriously on crack. Its hilarious XD

But that "running out of stamina" scene.. uh.. Too much moaning for me  :shock: