Powerpuff Girls Anime Announced

Started by RyuHayabusa, April 02, 2005, 03:33:18 PM

zoupzuop2

I'm going to sum up my experience of seeing the first episode:

...WTF'nF?!?!?

(F'nF, of COURSE, meaning "Freakin' Flip". A-heheh...)
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "sadistic-otaku"But that "running out of stamina" scene.. uh.. Too much moaning for me  :shock:

On your part or on theirs?  :lol:
epic progressive

vox

Lex

Well...at least they kept the huge eyes. Makes them stand out and still have that original Powerpuff design look. It...looks alright I guess. I do like the intro.

Meh...I'll have to watch a bit more to get an idea of it. Catchy intro song. Favorite will always hands down be Buttercup.  :D

Chun

This fails in 3 ways.

1. Theme has no attachment to the actual Powerpuff Girls. Character traits changed (athletic ability, some personality.)
2. Animation quality is low. At least with the original Powerpuff Girls you got consistant character designs; some of the "NPCs" of the world are deformed and unstraightened.
3. *Ahem

THE CITY, OF TOWNSVILLE

was nixed.

I don't think I'm going to bother with it. It's what used to be a good cartoon turned into a few hundred cliches.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Chun"This fails because...
3. *Ahem

THE CITY...OF TOWNSVILLE

was nixed.

I couldn't have said it better myself. XD Bonus oldschool points right there.
epic progressive

vox

Minagi-chan

Aww...  I like the bubble version better.
<3 Miss Coquine <3
We slip and slide as we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough.

mDuo13

It's sad to see one of the best American cartoons of recent memory turned into one of the worst anime currently airing. (Maybe it's not on the same level as Musashi Gandou, but it's bad...)

Then again, so much of PPG just can't translate that I'm surprised it was as popular as it is in Japan to begin with. (For example, the episode about the "Beat-Alls" and their "Brutish Invasion" was just awesome, one of the best episodes.)

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "mDuo13"For example, the episode about the "Beat-Alls" and their "Brutish Invasion" was just awesome - the best episode.

Fixed for ya.
epic progressive

vox