Powerpuff Girls Anime Announced

Started by RyuHayabusa, April 02, 2005, 03:33:18 PM

RyuHayabusa

Well, It has come full circle hehehe:
(taken from animenewsnetwork.com:)
Powerpuff Girls Anime Announced ( 2005-04-02 17:56:08 )
Plans for a Powerpuff Girls anime were announced at the Tokyo Animation Fair. A joint venture between Toei Animation, Aniplex, and Cartoon Network, the new project will be tentatively titled "Demashitaa! Powerpuff Girls Z." Posters from the booth can be seen on AV WatchHereand Here
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

KimaLucifer

...at this rate they'll do this for Samurai Jack and then I'll be really mad at the animation world.
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

Chu

Are you serious?  This isn't some late April Fool's Day joke, is it?

It reminds me of the comics that bleedman guy does on deviantArt.

Tsubasa

This actually looks kinda cool.  Mahou shoujoish.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

OniCourseMusha

well............ the link the picture is from a Japanese AV site.

I that's kind of trippy when I saw the picture!
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Nina Star 9

i actually kinda like powerpuff girls. ^^; it is kind of funny. but an anime? o.o

Auron-X

wow, That really funny, But i have to watch it now. Are they still going to use thier original names?
Dude you're the sasquatch you're real! I knew it all along! Naw jk but thats your nickname now hehe- Sword

I am also known as Sasquatch and Pervy Shoujo Man!

swordofthebezerk

Wow, Bubbles making bubbles...BRILLIANT! Haha, man an anime version of PPG. That may be going too far, but hey it would be cool to see it even more violent and crazy than before.

Updated Version

gmontem

I guess the business people think it'll sell because it has "anime" slapped all over it.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Zain

2007 Staff (Facilities, IT, Website, Publications)

G.I.R

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "G.I.R"Personaly, I think this may be a joke, since I couldn't find anything on Toei, or Cartoon network Japans sites, but... i did find this,
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13785&postdays=0&postorder=asc&topic_view=&start=15
and this...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/litakino16506/Archive/1112466393969.jpg :-k

Looking at the screenshots of the opening theme/promo, It's going to rock hard! I'm very happy that they are doing this. Hell, I would even watch it dubbed and I hope they do bring the american voice actors for this. Man, this is going to so kick ass :D I'm going to make an avatar of the last screenshot hehehe :D

Bata-kun

Meh.  Was never a fan of the series, since I'm not its target audience obviously.  I wonder if Ishii Kouji-san's going to be in it.

Random

I don't think it'll ever be as good as the originals but I'll give it a try.
And whats up with the Professor?  Why is he a kid?
  WOW!

Bata-kun

Funny you say that.  The "Turtles" OVAs are just as funny as the original.  Seriously.

Why the Japanese version is better than the original:

+  Sakuma Rei-san, Shinohara Emi-san and Nakamura Daiki-san.  Okay, people will not care about the last person, but the last two are good enough for me.

+  They actually pronounce the names of the artists more properly.

Why the original is better than the Japanese version:

+  It's the original.  What else do you need to know?

+  James Avery, Cam Clarke and the guy who played as Donatello, whose name I forgot right now: I heard those voices a lot when I was younger and they were that good.

+  Could have never understood why the Shredder's name was changed in the Japanese version, but eh.  It's minor.

+  "Cowabunga!"  Need I say more?

There are more.

G.I.R

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"
Looking at the screenshots of the opening theme/promo, It's going to rock hard! I'm very happy that they are doing this. Hell, I would even watch it dubbed and I hope they do bring the american voice actors for this. Man, this is going to so kick ass :D I'm going to make an avatar of the last screenshot hehehe :D
If this is real...
I think that you're assuming the show is being done for Japan.  Knowing Toei, the show is probably being done for international distribution, and knowing Cartoon Network, it would'nt be long before it showed up on Kids WB, and Cartoon network. :?

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "G.I.R"
Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"
If this is real...
I think that you're assuming the show is being done for Japan.  Knowing Toei, the show is probably being done for international distribution, and knowing Cartoon Network, it would'nt be long before it showed up on Kids WB, and Cartoon network. :?

yes it is real. There's a website already for the japanese series. Here it is:
http://ppgcom.gooside.com/ppgz/index.html

G.I.R

Well, it  does looks kinda neat (The animation looks more like classic Toei animation than what they've done in recent years).  But after watching the Quicktime movie, it looked as if it's Powerpuff Girls in name only (oh yeah, and Mojo JoJo to).   :?

jinnai_animexcalibur

Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "jinnai_animexcalibur"its fake.

...or so they say on cosplay.com.

well, they haven't seen the actual promo, so I don't care what they think. Plus that site is overrated and full of elitists snobs. <_<