Most Disturbing (NON HENTAI) Anime?

Started by Jyunishinsho, April 07, 2005, 12:54:39 PM

Tuplica

Quote from: "gmontem"I did not quite like having to sit through parts of the second season of Fushigi Yuugi where the Seiryu Seven attempted to rape Miaka.  :?

I hear that. -_-;

Quote from: "hakudoushi"hmm. most disturbing ANIME i dont know. but for MANGA, its confidential confessions. dude, i thought it was just shojou, not...like... *twitch*

YES.  Holy hell, that manga is out there. o_o;;;;
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

ced1106

Quote from: "lyricaldanichan"BOKUTASU TENSHI DOKURO-CHAN

BlogQuote: I have been looking forward to this because it is from the same director as Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu.

Hoo boy. Any chance of BTDC being shown at Foothill Anime?  :twisted:

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

HanyaanFaery

I put in a vote for Akira, provided that the viewer is delirious while watching it. I once made the mistake of watching Akira after staying up for more than 24 hours, when I was completely and utterly hallucinating. Scariest thing I've ever seen in my life. I had nightmares for months. Interestingly enough, a few of my friends have also experienced Akira under an altered mental state (one other randomly hallucinating, one drunk, and one stoned) and all four of us experienced nightmares for a significant time afterwards.

OniCourseMusha

Narutaru, Elfen Lied,

If you want disturbing/sick funny
Bo-Bobo Bobobo-bo
Crayon Shinchan
Ebichu
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

ced1106

Oh right -- Cat Soup.

I haven't seen it but read comments. Anyone deciphered it?

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

Glitch

Quote from: "ced1106"Oh right -- Cat Soup.

Not really disturbing.More like wierd.But a good one.I'm still deciphering it. 0_0

G.I.R

Quote from: "ced1106"Oh right -- Cat Soup.

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Well, not quite what I'd call most disturbing, but the DVD case is (the sqwishy one with the blood and such in it).

The-O

Quote from: "Auron-X"
Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"Elfen Lied, no contest. It's a very dark story. I highly reccomend it if you can withstand the drama and the little bits of comedy that happens, but it's mostly dark.
I totally agree with that, even though Elfen Lied is one of my favorites.
Definately on my list. It was really disturbing in a lot of mental aspects like Evangelion.
And woowee, I'm finally back.
The-O Network Online Executive Editor
Con Reports, Photos, News, Interviews, Reviews, and more!
www.t-ono.net

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: "ced1106"
Quote from: "lyricaldanichan"BOKUTASU TENSHI DOKURO-CHAN

BlogQuote: I have been looking forward to this because it is from the same director as Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu.

Hoo boy. Any chance of BTDC being shown at Foothill Anime?  :twisted:

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^

I think so!

Just so that evildubkid can poop his panties because of the ultra violence and service.

And then do a double header with This is my Master and Futakoi Alternative!

marichan

Hmmm, for me, it's probably Death Note. that's a manga, but it is so freaking weird. It's really suspenseful (sp?). Also sorta freaky the way "Kira" kills people without a second thought. Really makes you think though. If you're interested, you can get the scanlations online at www.deathnote.org .
"Oh, no. It's raining."
"It isn't raini..."
"No. It's raining"

swordofthebezerk

Gantz, just because most of the things that happen are pretty true to our society, well at least Japan's. I HATED the ending compared to the manga though... man...how dissapointing.

Updated Version

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: "marichan"Hmmm, for me, it's probably Death Note. that's a manga, but it is so freaking weird. It's really suspenseful (sp?). Also sorta freaky the way "Kira" kills people without a second thought. Really makes you think though. If you're interested, you can get the scanlations online at www.deathnote.org .

I thought we are talking about anime? ;-)

Anywhoo since you brought up manga, I have to nominate The Last Man by Tatsuya Egawa who also did Golden Boy. Actually this has a lot of ultra violence and sex then Golden Boy.

serajwl

Akira REALLY freaked me ou the first time i watched it... but now it's my favorite!

Purity Alighieri

Perfect Blue or Darkness Blues. (It seems there's a curse on the word "Blue" for me...) Perfect Blue is something that had me continually wondering "Wait, where the Hell are we now?" and Darkness Blues just had me out-right going, "WTF???". Both hard movies to follow.
"You are my pet. My animal. My bitch. And you will do whatever I wish." - Alucard to Anderson, Animalistic Amusement

Yukimi

Elfen Lied.  

even before i watched the anime, and my guy friend was describing it to me, i already felt pretty nauseated.  still one of my favorite animes though.

G.I.R

Quote from: "Yukimi"Elfen Lied.  

even before i watched the anime, and my guy friend was describing it to me, i already felt pretty nauseated.  still one of my favorite animes though.
I might have to change my vote.  On Sunday I saw the AMV that used footage from Elfen Lied,  :shock: and yeah, Pretty disturbing (but now I want to see the series).

mDuo13

I'm sorta surprised nobody has mentioned Speed Grapher.

Come on, you've gotta be disturbed by a villain who's a mutated dentist who "polishes" his enemies to death with Doc-Oc-style arms... with dental tools on the ends. Or at least at some of the other really disturbing stuff that goes on in that anime. But pretty good anyway.

Dokuro-chan and Elfen Lied are both givens, of course.

yukie utsumi

Some of the ones you guys already mentioned, others I've never even heard of. hmm.

Kite was good, but I did find it really disturbing.
I also found Evangelion disturbing...
Angel Sanctuary. It was good and entertaining, but...yeah.

Umm, I'll probably get flamed for this, but...

Hamtaro. *shudders*
Fanime 2006 Cosplays
FongLing (Resident Evil: Dead Aim)
Kaoru Kamiya (Rurouni Kenshin)
*NEW* Kasumi (DOA2U Blue Ninja version)

Nyxyin