Most Disturbing (NON HENTAI) Anime?

Started by Jyunishinsho, April 07, 2005, 12:54:39 PM

Jyunishinsho

Still asking questions. Why? Because I feel like it.  :?

Off anime that you have watched, which anime was the most disturbing anime? In this case, Hentai is not allowed because.....I dunno. I never watched anime.

-Anime pre-wrapped in plastic doesn't count. :evil:

Vanessa

Eh. It might not be shocking anymore, but I remember when End of Evangelion was first fansubbed and Asuka's battle with the White Eva's was morbid and yet sooooo awesome.

Ska_Kitti

I have alot of my "WTF List", but the two that are up there are Grave of the Fireflies and NGE. FMA was a little disturbing in the first few episodes.

:P If I'll be bold to enter a hentai choice.... Bible Black. *ahem* Enough said. o.0
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

KimaLucifer

The Rockman Anime. That disturbed me.

-Well, all game oriented animations were disturbing to me.
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

Random

Grappler Baki had a few scenes that made me cringe.  The one fighter that pulled out peoples arteries with two fingers.  Ugh..
  WOW!

Tony

There was one called genocyber I think... fist of the north star, maybe...

End of Eva would have been disturbing to me, but I "got" it enough to be lighthearted about it.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Glitch

Quote from: "Tony"There was one called genocyber I think... fist of the north star, maybe...

End of Eva would have been disturbing to me, but I "got" it enough to be lighthearted about it.
Genocyber was rather disturbing. 0_0
If you also wanna count manga then I'd say Uzumaki.

RyuHayabusa

Elfen Lied, no contest. It's a very dark story. I highly reccomend it if you can withstand the drama and the little bits of comedy that happens, but it's mostly dark.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Auron-X

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"Elfen Lied, no contest. It's a very dark story. I highly reccomend it if you can withstand the drama and the little bits of comedy that happens, but it's mostly dark.
I totally agree with that, even though Elfen Lied is one of my favorites.
Dude you're the sasquatch you're real! I knew it all along! Naw jk but thats your nickname now hehe- Sword

I am also known as Sasquatch and Pervy Shoujo Man!

G.I.R

Perfect Blue.  As intense as this movie is thruout, there's that point about ten minutes before the end where you are watching it, and then say..."OH S@#!"  :shock: (not givin' it away for those that have not seen it!)

Ska_Kitti

Quote from: "Random"Grappler Baki had a few scenes that made me cringe.  The one fighter that pulled out peoples arteries with two fingers.  Ugh..

:D He actually snapped the nerve cord so Baki couldn't use his arm and blinded him the same way. *sage nod* That's still a bit disturbing.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

ced1106

Quote from: "Glitch"If you also wanna count manga then I'd say Uzumaki.

In a **good** way, of course.  :D I also have Ito's GYO, a horror story that starts off with the mysterious insect-legged "walking fish", and his manga Tomie, featuring the beautiful who's one part need, one part You So Do Not Mess Around With This Person.

Ito's bio:
http://www.artbomb.net/profile.jsp?idx=3&cid=134

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

swordofthebezerk

Quote from: "ced1106"
Quote from: "Glitch"If you also wanna count manga then I'd say Uzumaki.

In a **good** way, of course.  :D I also have Ito's GYO, a horror story that starts off with the mysterious insect-legged "walking fish", and his manga Tomie, featuring the beautiful who's one part need, one part You So Do Not Mess Around With This Person.
Yeah I've always been a fan of Ito's works and some of his stuff is very disturbing but I will have to agree with Ryu and Sasquatch and go with Elfen Lied...man that one made me actually cringe at an anime for the first time.
Baki's fight with the cord splitter guy is also on my list cuz of the sounds they used for the ripping of the nerves...ugh.

Updated Version

Nina Star 9

hey, tomie is not disturbing! ^^ (well, i guess it is.. but i went as her for halloween! i love tomie! ^^) but the two most distrubing animes i would have to say are excel saga (last episode.. enough said...) and azumanga daioh.

Tuplica

Boogiepop Phantom.  Man, as much as I love that show, some of the episodes were just fuggin' FREAKY!
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

Shinsengumi

Quote from: "Auron-X"
Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"Elfen Lied, no contest. It's a very dark story. I highly reccomend it if you can withstand the drama and the little bits of comedy that happens, but it's mostly dark.
I totally agree with that, even though Elfen Lied is one of my favorites.

I agree too, I've only seen 5 or 6 Eps of Elfen Lied, and it's awesome anime to watch, there some comedy in there, the drama is awesome it gets all crazy, I still need to finish watching it, so yeah I would reccomend watching it.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

jindo

Perfect Blue..... specially the knife into the eye scene.  :shock:
If you can afford a smart phone, then you can support the industries by "purchasing" the legit goods.

ip136

Uhm.. Soul Taker (AWESOME.. but originally confusing. I had to watch it a second time to understand it.)

Or I Wanna Be An Angel.
I watched this about 5 years ago? And watching the first episode gave me enough of a 'wtf? I'm scared' that I stopped downloading random animes for a very... long.. time. @-@
Clicky my Art Pwease?

gmontem

I did not quite like having to sit through parts of the second season of Fushigi Yuugi where the Seiryu Seven attempted to rape Miaka.  :?
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

hakudoushi

Quote from: "gmontem"I did not quite like having to sit through parts of the second season of Fushigi Yuugi where the Seiryu Seven attempted to rape Miaka.  :?
wow  i feel sorry for you, having to see that ;_;

hmm. most disturbing ANIME i dont know. but for MANGA, its confidential confessions. dude, i thought it was just shojou, not...like... *twitch*
no really, i have a pet ninja.