How To talk To Girls Founder Greetings To Everyone!

Started by steve bennett, April 21, 2005, 12:45:17 PM

steve bennett

Holy Cow!

Greetings everyone here!!

I am so happy to see that a panel that was started as a lark a few years ago has now blown up into a real bonafide topic of disscussion!

Steve Bennett here with a greetings and salutations to all of you cool guys and dolls over here talking about "How To Talk To Girls" panel.

Aya Chow asked my brother Kevin and myself to run a panel after we goofed about how it would be a funny topic to dicuss How to talk to Girls properly at cons since so many fans struggle with just that, and since we too are anime fans besides being anime professionals.
We had a small packed room that year with Sara, Jenny and Ellie as our lovely lady advisors.
I'm glad to hear the panel continued on in my absence from Fanime in Ellie's capable hands.

I am so looking forward to seeing how it has grown since that time, and meeting alot of you there.
Keep up the good exchange between all fan girls and guys here!!!!!!
The Founder of HTTTG Panels
Love,
Steve Bennett
8)  

P.S Right after we did the panel at Fanime and at Anime Iowa with greg Aryes, people started to copy the idea and have them at other cons (Anime North) at lol!!!!!!!!

Fanime is the original home of it!!!!!!!!!!

www.ironcat.com
www.stevebennettart.com
Koala Klub & Forums
Grand Poohbah Koala
"My goal is to make Life so sweet!"

The_Jane

Wow, I probably should've checked up on this board awhile ago. Seems like theres alotta questions and confusion as to the pannel this year.

I'm Jane, or "the Jane," I run the How to Talk to Girls pannel currently. (04 & 05..)

Thanks for creating this pannel on a whim, many-a-year ago, as it's easily the most popular pannel after Meet the guests, etc. I feel totally privilaged to run it, and look forward to it every year and all year long.

<3 to "the bennett"

Yours Truly,
The Jane  (I see you're going to be a guest this year, if you weren't there last year, come check out your pannel and say hello! I'll be the drop-dead-sexy (oh I'msovain!) purpley-redheaded chick )

steve bennett

Jane!

I sure as rain will be there!
I will want to see how it has been going as a father would want to see his baby girl's dance recitetals!
:)

Gathering from what I read from your posts in thye other thread, there has been some girl/girl action as well?
Sweet!
Hehehehehehehe!

The panel was created for fun, and it should of course be fun as well as informative.
Save me a seat upfront lol!

Steve Bennett
:P  :P
Grand Poohbah Koala

steve bennett

Had fun there with everyone!
Hope to see you all again real soon!
Love,
Steve Bennett

helping fanboys one day at a time of course.
Grand Poohbah Koala

Blues

"Do a flip!"

Kazuko

It seemed pretty spiffy :3 i saw it for a little. i hope you come for 06

D: there should be a how to talk to guys pannel too~

steve bennett

Dear Kazuko and Blues,
Happy Post Newyears!
We shall see what the planning and sheduling invloving me has in store for 2006.
Thanks for the nice comments and grettings you two.
Steve B.
www.stevebennettart.com
Grand Poohbah Koala

Ayanami Rei First Child

I'd love to talk to a sexy woman....and possibly find some female friends there....ESPECIALLY ones that live even mildly close by. The only female friends I have I've met online and are out of state!! *Sobs*

steve bennett

You need to stay off the computer more, and go out and live life more ofthen Ayanami friend.
The panle should be able to help guide you in that direction then.
SB
Grand Poohbah Koala

creme

You definitely need to bring this con to 06. As a single female, I am so curious as to what advice you're gonna give to the silly boys of fanime. ;)

steve bennett

Hehehehe fun common sense advice laced with lots of practical tips from experience.
Girlsike you are of course very welcome to come and participate to help these guys out!
Steve B.
Grand Poohbah Koala

sykoeent

I think trying to find the love of your life at a convention would be a good thing cos you both have a shared interest in anime. Too many times have I heard of a friend who dated someone only to tell them to quit like anime cos it was too childish. If you can find someone to share your love of anime, I don't think anyone should stop you!...
And if you are a nice anime loving girl who is single and looking to mingle, my name is Ryan.  :wink:

creme

Sounds awesome, steve, I'll definitely be there :P

steve bennett

Creme and Ryan!
Hope to se you both there having fun with us and everyone there too.
Yes, it is indeed to help fans in general to meet and get to know memebers of the opposite/same sex there finally!
We must help those who need help!
Steve
Grand Poohbah Koala

Sean

I'd be happy to handle your panels again this year (and you KNOW Elise and Stacey would love to handle How to Talk to Girls again).

Do I have you blessing?

Sean McCoy

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: "steve bennett"You need to stay off the computer more, and go out and live life more ofthen Ayanami friend.
SB
Well I HAVE been getting out more often, but mostly within my own local group. I been trying to go to a local tabletop gaming place...but when I went I didn't see any women around ^^;; I'm not very good around other people, and I'm too shy to say much around girls @.@

I look foward to learning from you, meeting any girls there, and just gaining more life experience in this area ^_^

Sayuri

Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"
Quote from: "steve bennett"You need to stay off the computer more, and go out and live life more ofthen Ayanami friend.
SB
Well I HAVE been getting out more often, but mostly within my own local group. I been trying to go to a local tabletop gaming place...but when I went I didn't see any women around ^^;; I'm not very good around other people, and I'm too shy to say much around girls @.@

Uh. Ayanami...most girls do not go to tabletop gaming.  Try looking at other venues. :)

....I am. Really. Really. Curious about this panel...past years I thought it was lame, but this year I'm definitely checking it out to see what shows up and what kind of advice is given out.

grove

This will definately be interesting. Ima drop by. ^-^
The chicka with the kick.

SukaNax

Ayanami Rei First Child

Well where would you suggest that I look Melon-san....?O.o;;