How To talk To Girls Founder Greetings To Everyone!

Started by steve bennett, April 21, 2005, 12:45:17 PM

Sayuri

The mall...but that's a really hard place to start anything.  U_U Fanime itself is a good place because you already know they have some sort of same interest as you.  I can't say "don't be shy" because it really is hard to walk up to someone and say "hey. :D"  But it's something that can be worked on.  What do you really have to lose.  

Outside of Fanime...joining clubs or sports?  Or some event?  :] Women aren't going to flock to you, so yeah.  A little effort can go a long way.

Gainax Boy

I'll try and make it again this year ^__^

Think I can sit up front again? ~_^
"Hail Gainax, Hail Fanservice, Hail the Otaking!!" ^_^

Ayanami Rei First Child

Hmmm...sports are evil....but I could do the Psychology Club. I remember seeing that around, and the teacher who runs it is a cool guy....thanks! I'll try that stuff o.o

YoureMyHiro

I didnt go to the one last year, although I was curious what they had to say. Im not boasting but I feel confident enough in my own social skills to talk with the opposite sex, I just want to know what theyre suggesting to others.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: "YoureMyHiro"I didnt go to the one last year, although I was curious what they had to say. Im not boasting but I feel confident enough in my own social skills to talk with the opposite sex, I just want to know what theyre suggesting to others.
Well then why not stop by to see how it goes with others thing year? Or just keep going back for brief sprints ^^;;

Minagi-chan

Jane!

Do you remember me?  The maid who turned out to be jailbait?  I promise you that when I am older I will be a panelist on this subject.  <3  It was really nice meeting you, by the way.
<3 Miss Coquine <3
We slip and slide as we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough.

ChenCzen

Ive been to this panel in previous years, and I checked out the new 'how to talk to guys' panel which was not really funny or fun.

My problem with both panels is how everything always boils down to:
-guys are stupid, accept it.
-girls are too complex.

Im giving serious consideration to running my own splinter panel next year, which is a little more focused on the 'how to' with honest (or if you want to be like me: dishonest) practical instructions people can actually use.
Except for ending communism, slavery, nazism, and fascism, WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING!!

Ikari

Quote from: "ChenCzen"Im giving serious consideration to running my own splinter panel next year, which is a little more focused on the 'how to' with honest (or if you want to be like me: dishonest) practical instructions people can actually use.
You mean like how the "Girls" panel was run back in 2004 by Steve Bennett? Please by all means go for it.
You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on an otaku. Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp pocky stick in your eye.
F'nOtaku - Celebrating 100 Years Of Annoying Fans

ChenCzen

Quote from: "Ikari"
You mean like how the "Girls" panel was run back in 2004 by Steve Bennett? Please by all means go for it.

eh, not so much. As I recall he called up random guys to talk to girls in a make believe con enviroment (you are in the dealers room, and shes checking out blah blah on the table, what do you do?) which was fun to watch but it didnt seem to me like it was going anywhere really. Alot of times it seemed like things just fizzled and became incoherent and not structured. I dont want anyone thinking Im saying he did a bad job or that I can do better, Im just saying Id like to approach it with a slightly different angle.

for lake of a better term of phrase, it would be more like a workshop where skills and actual techniques would be demonstrated and discussed.

While I think audience participation is entertaining and neccessary, I will have to spend some time thinking of how best to do that. Ive got a year to  think on it, anyways. I do know there would be a Q&A section.
Except for ending communism, slavery, nazism, and fascism, WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING!!

Ayanami Rei First Child

Well I would totally check out your thing if you did it for next year's Fanime ^_^

Krnchichiri

I think we should have a "How to talk to guys" panel.

>.>
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

Barnes

There already was one this year at Fanime. I wonder if it will return for next year.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Krnchichiri

ORLY? I don't remember that panel last year... >.> Maybe it was on a Friday?
*checks last year's sched.*

Wow, they did! >.> I'll sneak in there, maybe even staff it so it won't look so wierd. xD

I just hope I won't be stuck in the room with like... 40 year old desperate women. >.> That'd be awkward.
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

Ayanami Rei First Child

Well one thing I've always been curious about that'd help everyone:

How the HELL do you know when the opposite sex is checking you out?!

The_Jane

Hey All!

Getting way excited about this years con and pannel!!

I'm very much hoping that we'll get to have another midnight, lingerie adorned 18+ "How to Please a Woman" pannel, as last year's was such a huge success!

And Re: How to talk to Guys.... Yea I witnessed the carnage... It made me want to take over THAT pannel too, but hey I'm not all that great on talking to guys, I just know everydamnthing there is to know about the laaaadies.

Oh yea.

This year I promise not to speak over my co-pannel hosts. PROMISE!

I will try to restrain the overwhelming urge to remind everyone I know best....always.

Any suggestions for topics/themes/ etc for this year?

If you'll remember, last year I was Alice for the Pannel...this year I might have THE sexiest Snow White PVC costume ever forged, to compliment the new black hair. It'll make alla your noses bleed! Don' miss it!

=^_^=
The Jane