Hardest to Draw?

Started by Jyunishinsho, April 22, 2005, 09:10:19 PM

What is the hardest part of an anime character to draw?

Face
5 (16.1%)
Hair
1 (3.2%)
Body
5 (16.1%)
Hands/Feet
20 (64.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: April 22, 2005, 09:10:19 PM

recomet15

Definitely the hardest for me are hands and feet. But that's where creative positioning comes into play. Still, I can't always get away with creative positioning. When that's the case, I can draw hands and feet relatively well. They're just a little tricky to do.
For the love of... I forgot to put the "d" in "redcomet15"... - redcomet15

Mangaka-chan

I've been working on drawing faces for a long time so that's not so bad, either is the hair. But the body can be problematic for me if the pose is odd, then I'll need my trusty mannequin. Feet is the biggest challenge for me since it's kind of odd to stare at your own feet and try to practice from looking in a mirrow.

so_hungy

The frickin face! RAWR

Sunara Ishi

I think the over-all composition is more difficult to draw than the anatomy. If it has to be related to anatomy, I'd say the face for I sometimes have trouble getting the type of face I want. (ex. a cute face for a cute character.) I pretty confident on the anatomy for the body, hands, and feet for I have had extensive classes that beat proper structure into me. The hair isn't difficult at all...>.>
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Graduisc

hands are harder to do than feet because toes tend to bunch together and overlap or something like that unless theyre in some crazy dramatic pose. Something helpful that my teacher suggested in relation to hands and can be applied to other things is make everything like boxy-2d-90 degree then just fine tune the values from just 2 values to 039840234. able for a while i had trouble getting believable realistic knees. XD they look funny but owell. the face is pretty hard too but not really :). yeah id have to agree that the composition and the use of negative space in relation of the feeling that you want to give the viewer is. or something like that XD. DRAW DRAW DRAW,
sorry if parts dont make sense theres true meaning underlying there somewhere its just that its late :) gnite
and i thought i was mean. ahaha. volunteer since '03ish door guard all day everyday, i sit in front of my own door and say "nope, exit only."

Chibblz

wah. hands and feet... it's kinda sad, really... because the hands are always behind their back, and i draw funky shoes or feet buried under something... haha. ninja skillz? XD