Anime Fans Over 30 Years Old Panel

Started by ININ, April 26, 2005, 07:04:00 AM

EdOfNoName

The 2k7 panel was fun, thanks for organizing it!

I talked to Jerry, head of video, the next day. If anyone has wants to help with showing old school anime and promoting it so there's actually people in the video rooms watching when it's shown, he's a good person to talk to.

ININ

Anime Fans Over 30 is scheduled for Monday at 1pm in Panel Room #1.  The tradition continues:

• I talk 20% and the audience talks 80%.  I enjoy hearing everyone's stories.
  • New cosplay (Still being worked on.  Hope to finish in time.)
  • Share my story I almost quit anime in 2004

I requested to the Panel Director a room with no tables.  Fanime'07 there were tables.  If possible, let's move the chairs to form a circle or something where we are close enough to chat.  No talking on the microphone for me.  My voice is terrible >.>

mDuo13

Heh, I didn't know about this before, but this sounds like a neat panel, heh, though I guess I'm almost ten years too early.

Squeeky_Moonkin

what about us who arnt thirty but are feeling out of place around all the 21 and younger folk? I need intelectual stimulation. MY mind is becoming pudding @_@

Siatsu

I don't know about others but I'm gonna be 25 in a few weeks - but I look around and talk to people and feel as if I'm 40+ around here!

openhappy

Damn. I missed it. How did it go? I will make sure I can come next year ...

Kimiko

Ugh, I missed it and every other panel I wanted to attend. Oh well, I'll aim for next year as well!
2009 Costumes
Pita Ten ~ Shia
Rozen Maiden ~ Hina Ichigo
Gijinka Pokemon ~ Plusle
Salt5 ~ Abe Natsumi

ININ

All ages are welcomed if you're 18 or 25.  mDuo13, Squeeky_Moonkin, and Siatsu please join us next year.  Likewise, Kimiko.  openhappy, the panel was great.

Thank you to the guest of honors Jonathan Osborne and Gilles Poitras for joining me up front.  Highlights included a discussion about classic anime including Space Battleship Yamato (Starblazers), Robotech, and Sailor Moon.  We talked about how we got fansubs by VHS tapes.  And we had a discussion about today's television shows.

I shared my story how I almost quit anime in 2004 and I wore a new cosplay which is Chrono Harlaown from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.  I'm not sure I have a new cosplay for 2009 ;)

Next year, same format.  I talk 20% of the time and the audience talks 80% of the time.  We share our anime hobby way back when.  Anything goes.  Jonathan Osborne and Gilles Poitras, you're welcome to come back next year for  questions from the audience.  And a big thank you to everyone who attended.  I hope everyone got something out of it.

Side note, I apologize for not introducing myself.  I had trouble getting help from the Marriott holding my bags and I was rushing after 12:30pm.

Update:  AMKestrel wrote an article and summary about the panel.  Click the link http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10033.msg256748.html#msg256748

sykoeent

Geezus! You're making me feel old!
I am but a gentleman!

ININ

Anime Fans Over 30 panel is Mon May 25 at 11am in Panel Room #1 at the Marriott Salon 1:2.  Same format.  I talk 20% and everyone else talk 80% of the time.  I have a new cosplay.  And it's the 5th year of the panel.  Come join us!

EdOfNoName

Quote from: ININ on May 19, 2009, 12:43:30 PM
Anime Fans Over 30 panel is Mon May 25 at 11am in Panel Room #1 at the Marriott Salon 1:2.
I'm looking forward to it!

EdOfNoName

ININ and GoH Jonathan Osborne, thanks for hosting the panel! I plan to keep a mention of it for posterity at http://www.nnanime.com/events/0905fanime/. I suspect that a slightly larger crowd might have turned out if you weren't scheduled against a Halko Momoi autograph session. After the panel, I went to lunch with someone who attended and who I recognized from years of anime club meetings, but who I had never actually talked to for any length of time before.

ININ

Anime Fans Over 30 Panel is back.  I'm going to have another person joining me to add excitement!  Join us at the same place and same time:  Mon May 31 (Day 4) 11am at Panel Room #1 located at the Marriott Salon 1:2.

EdOfNoName

Quote from: ININ on May 26, 2010, 12:11:14 PM
Anime Fans Over 30 Panel is back.  I'm going to have another person joining me to add excitement!  Join us at the same place and same time:  Mon May 31 (Day 4) 11am at Panel Room #1 located at the Marriott Salon 1:2.
Thanks for doing this! I plan to be there.

ININ

Thanks to everyone who attended.  This year's panel was different with my partner running the panel.  Please post any feedback and I share with him.