Anime
7 (33.3%)
Manga
14 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: April 26, 2005, 12:43:04 PM

Jyunishinsho

Chu

Wow.  A tough question. :x It really, honestly depends...

Some comics are better than the shows... (I prefer to read Oh My Goddess and Ranma 1/2 and those cute Pokemon comics)

But some shows are better than the comics... (Azumanga Daioh was hilarious, but honestly the comics didn't do much for me, even if they did come first.  And I'd rather watch movies like Spirited Away instead of read them)

Hmm...
I chose comics.  Cheaper, more accessible... and no chance of poor voice acting or anger at really really lazy animation in action sequences X3

Ska_Kitti

I dislike those questions...

Paper or plastic?
Regular or Decaf?
Yuri or Yaoi?

:P Go go manga. You get more of the story in there.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

DayDreamerNessa

they both have good qualities that the other art form may not have
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

VictimX

I can't answer since I don't know... I like both.

hakudoushi

depends what youre talking about? o_o
no really, i have a pet ninja.

hellangel

ehh a hard question, to be sure....i suppose, as an artist, i'm more on the "manga" side. however, there are a good many things on the anime side that have brilliant art (take studio ghibli...wow).

i guess, for now, i'll have to choose "manga" because i'm a major CLAMP fan who happens to like their manga better than their anime ^^"

but the debate will continue...
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

Tsubasa

I favor manga slightly.  I watch more anime though.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Jyunishinsho

Honestly, I prefer manga over anime.

Why? With a manga, you can imagine a little more than an anime because there's no voices that validate what's what and stuff....I also like manga because it's a bit like watching still life; you see it and you also have a model that you can use while drawing (without touching pause on a remote)...Am I making any sense?

KimaLucifer

Manga because most of the stuff I read are meant to be more graphic.

I guess it's because anime seems to take AGES for one scene to end and I have no patiece. (Plus Manga you get more VARIETY)
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

Croquet

I am sooo lazy. Most of the time, reading just takes too much energy, so I'd rather plop on the couch and watch some good old anime. I do have more manga though, but that's because it's usually a bit cheaper. I do love the occasional manga though, and you can take it anywhere! Even in the bathroom!
Let's play
some Croquet!

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: "Croquet"I do love the occasional manga though, and you can take it anywhere! Even in the bathroom!

I am siding with him... I like Manga better for that portability, and the ability to read it wherever, whenever... It is almost like a small dose of drugs to hold you over until you can get to your heavier supply at home...

Welcome to AA. Anime Anonymous. Now, the first step is admitting you watch too much anime.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Ambrosia

I have to favor anime, I read manga and have a few series that I am uber in love with. But I prefer to watch the characters and listen to the vocal reactions to the character. Then just using my imagination. Sure its lazy but it has its perks. For one hands free :P If you think that was a dirty comment, your right ;)

Also a plus of anime is learing a little japanese if you watch. I know how to scream "stop it" in japanese like every girl in an anime who has met up with a tentacled monster :P
You want pictures ? HA! blackmail!
Current pictures: Jyun, Kaz, Ryu

Logistics to da max! '05, '06, '07

Fizzball..ask me about it ^_^

Ish glompabla though. =^_^=

I'm dense and don't notice my private messages >.<

Nina Star 9

i really do not watch much anime, and i like manga better in general. but a few series i tend to like the anime better. cowboy bebop is one that come sto mind. >>

Ambrosia

Oooo have you seen Samurai Champloo yet ? My friend who owns a comic shop told me it was done by the guys from Bebop. I watched the first and second DVD and it rocked.

Random

Quote from: "Ambrosia"Oooo have you seen Samurai Champloo yet ? My friend who owns a comic shop told me it was done by the guys from Bebop. I watched the first and second DVD and it rocked.
I'm diggin it too!  Everything  from the music to the action scenes are just   awsome!

As for this "Poll", I can't answer this question.  It's like asking a parent who their favorite kid is!
  WOW!

Ambrosia

Quote from: "Random"
Quote from: "Ambrosia"Oooo have you seen Samurai Champloo yet ? My friend who owns a comic shop told me it was done by the guys from Bebop. I watched the first and second DVD and it rocked.
I'm diggin it too!  Everything  from the music to the action scenes are just   awsome!

As for this "Poll", I can't answer this question.  It's like asking a parent who their favorite kid is!
Oh yea it rocked they did great with the music and the style. Not sure which of the characters I like the most though.  But my fave moment is the beginning of the first episode. Where they bust out the rap and then they do the wrong time period :P

Oh and the Samurai who is all hype in like 2nd DVD. With the beatboxing lacky. Oh that was a funny one hehe