No-Limit FanimeCon Hold-Em Poker

Started by otakuya, April 27, 2005, 02:05:05 PM

otakuya

I don't encourage gambling, but maybe we can hold a (cosplay) poker tournament with play chips. You can redeem those chips for prizes. We could play with chips for no reason, but as me and my brother (Jyunishinsho) says, it's more fun when there's something on the line.

8)  <-----my poker face

sesshomaru5

I will play in this if you need players.

Declinsion

I would totally play. I love poker!

pngaou

oh man, i LOVE texas hold'em! this would be awesome. it would probably need to be something you sign up for, or at least participate in tournament style. i think it would be too much of a hassle if people came in and out as they pleased. black jack would be more of a game to do that with. but yes, texas hold'em! i'm sure a ton of people would be interested.

and if money is an issue, you could charge an entrance fee of something like $5 or $10

Shinsengumi

I'll play too, I'll give it a try
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

ININ

I'm interested in participating.  I like Texas Hold'Em.

ced1106

If anyone's interested in organizing the event, please contact [email protected] asap and cc:me. I have several poker game variants from Cheapass Game's "Chief Herman's Next Big Thing" and if someone organizes a poker game based on these variants, I'll supply Cheapass Games prize support. The game needs a minimum of four players.

http://www.cheapass.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CAG038&Category_Code=

EDIT: Oh, of course. I'll bring along a deck of cards and chips during my Cheapass Game demos. Play a Cheapass poker variant in a game of at least four players and the winner gets a Cheapass prize!

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Fanime Game Staff
Cheapass Games Demo Monkey
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

Ska_Kitti

If not Cedric, then I can extend a hand out. My friend is holding the Texas Holdem Tournament on his staffing hours in the Game Room. I can arrange prizes with the big cheese as well.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Usagi

I'd love to play.  Thing is is that i can't cosplay this year due to the fact of me being busy with my stupid chem class and WoW(yes WoW).  So maybe have a separate table for non cosplay? or have the cosplay people mock the non cosplay people like me (i can take it) and the cosplay people could get points by breaking a poker face. Haha. I don't know. Just random. But hell hold-em would be fun.

KimaLucifer

I'd try but Poker happens to be my really weak category X_X
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

PeterWong

I'd be interesting in playing. But I'm not so sure about the cosplay thing, since I don't have a costume. =P
Former Co-coordinator (from 2000-2005), FanimeCon Asian Film Room

otakuya

I guess you don't need a costume, as long as you have a poker face (or at least sunglasses).

My brother says that if this is gonna happen, it's gonna be at tabletop gaming. So forget tapping and attacking, it's all about flushes and bluffing.

8)  "hm...pocket aces..."

Still, I don't encourage actual "gambling", but it's more fun that way. Maybe we need an ID check or something.

PeterWong

Sounds good, I'm game...I'll look you guys up when I'm off duty or in-between breaks. ^_^
Former Co-coordinator (from 2000-2005), FanimeCon Asian Film Room

Usagi

eh...crap...ID...damn being 15 years old.

Declinsion

If an ID check happens, I'm probably out. only 17. Although I play for money on a regular basis. My older cousins go to games all the time and invite me to join in on the pot. Of course these are usually nice friendly games at people's houses, but you get my drift.

otakuya

If we compete for prizes, and cuz real tournament hold-em is an elimination game, it's not considered gambling. I guess it might be ok...

Jyunishinsho

I'll ask the Tabletop gaming staff if I can host it, is that alright?

CuteMew

ooogh lol my bf is a poker addict... I suck at poker, though -_- but I still want to play hehe :D

Ambrosia

I was just bring my deck of cards for a fun unoffical game. But hey would be in for some poker.
You want pictures ? HA! blackmail!
Current pictures: Jyun, Kaz, Ryu

Logistics to da max! '05, '06, '07

Fizzball..ask me about it ^_^

Ish glompabla though. =^_^=

I'm dense and don't notice my private messages >.<

~~Loktera~~

Hmmm... Poker... One of the many things that I see on TV that looks easy, but when I try it at home I always end up getting decimated.. Much like all those Kung Fu movies on AZN Television, and those skateboarding videos, and mountain bike downhill competitions... You know... I think I'll stop right there...

But I will be there for poker, whether I am confident in my skills or not.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...