The Horrifying Truth about GLOMPING

Started by Jyunishinsho, April 29, 2005, 10:29:07 AM

Jyunishinsho

This is a TRUE story. This happened to my brother (Otakuya).

People know what glomping is, right? The hug that squeezes the life out of someone. Well...apparently my brother gets glomped a lot by many people. After a few days, he began feeling chest pains and started to complain of squeezing and tightness in the chest area. We believed it was due to too much fast food (it is unhealthy, if you did not know). The next day, my brother discovered the problem: glomping. When he was glomped again, he found out that the pain created from the glomp was equivalent to his chest pains. And so we came to the conclusion that glomping is (a little bit) of a health hazard....but since it is highly done in Fanime and in other places and cons....meh. Go nuts glomping, but be aware that you may be putting the glompiee at risk.

Symptoms: Chest pains (squeezing in the chest area)

Prognosis: Glomping. All kinds: tackle glomping, behind glomping, group glomping, etc..

Solution: Watch more anime and read more manga. It REALLY works!

-I don't mind being glomped (neither does my brother) and we don't mind it continuing in Fanime (heck, we'd glomp or be glomped) but this is made to make people aware of the hazards of glomping.

Vanessa

What was your brother dressed as to get glomped so much?

Jyunishinsho

Quote from: "Vanessa"What was your brother dressed as to get glomped so much?

...I don't understand the question. Why is he glomped so much? Meh, people glomp him because they can. Is this what you wanted to know?

KimaLucifer

Otakuya's just a nice person so you can't resist :D
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

Vanessa

Quote from: "KimaLucifer"Otakuya's just a nice person so you can't resist :D

Oh I just assumed he was dressed as some Catboy/Yaoiboy type. Cause those are the type the girls go nuts for.

I don't glomp. I have shame.  :oops:

Tuplica

Quote from: "Vanessa"
Quote from: "KimaLucifer"Otakuya's just a nice person so you can't resist :D

Oh I just assumed he was dressed as some Catboy/Yaoiboy type. Cause those are the type the girls go nuts for.

o_O I BEG TO DIFFER!

...Though I apparently barely qualify as a girl, so.. uh.. hmph.  XD
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

KimaLucifer

Oh don't get me wrong. I don't glomp either. I either do a tackle or just give a friendly hug.
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Chu

Quote from: "KimaLucifer"Oh don't get me wrong. I don't glomp either. I either do a tackle or just give a friendly hug.

Or a punch or a headbutt (the latter is fun :D)

If I actually glomped anyone I'd most likely kill them. :x They're awkward things, if you ask me.

Nina Star 9

Tsubasa

Aa~ so that was what was wrong with him.  I see Otakuya four days a week and yeah, I see him get glomps here and there.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Declinsion

Perhaps it's a good thing I don't get glomped.

DayDreamerNessa

lol i think i've only been glomped once or twice

but i've never been the type to glomp
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Shinsengumi

I haven't got glomped yet, but I've seen my friend glomped so many times, good thing it didn't happen to me yet.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Jyunishinsho

Last time I got glomped,I had to hit the guy into a lightpost to get him off.

otakuya

I'm OK ... now.
No need to worry. Just don't glomp tackle or anything to me right now.
:lol:

Occasional glomping (esp. at anime cons) is ok and perhaps, is encouraged.
But too much of it...well...
[Rex Navarette, Filipino accent] "Heart attak, heart attak, oh, heart attak, cameraman, do you know the number for nine one one?"  :lol:

Misao

Glomp.. o_o I got glomped a lot in school.. >_>

Ska_Kitti

I don't mind glomping as long as they have my permission if I'm in costume. I may have posted this in the other glomp thread, but I dislike glompers who appear out of no where, glomp you while destroying a part of my costume then say, "GOMEN NAY!" and just walk away as if they did nothing wrong. Other than that.. um... Ale Cuisine? o_O
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

KimaLucifer

Quote from: "Ska_Kitti"I don't mind glomping as long as they have my permission if I'm in costume. I may have posted this in the other glomp thread, but I dislike glompers who appear out of no where, glomp you while destroying a part of my costume then say, "GOMEN NAY!" and just walk away as if they did nothing wrong. Other than that.. um... Ale Cuisine? o_O

You'd definitley hate this one girl at my school who "hugs" people she doesn't know either.

Oy yeah @_@ Otakuya, you and your brother have same AIM handlenames? @_@
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Ska_Kitti

I don't mind hugs as long as they're gentle. Glomping on the other hand is extremely violent in comparison. If anyone glomps me ala my example, I'll not hesitate to clothesline them. o__o;;;
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

YoureMyHiro

Im so anti-glomp. I could be standing in a vacant hallway and then all of sudden "Glomp senses tingling" and like a cheap ninja I roll into a custodial closet.

Plus, Ive been told Im relatively intimidating. I guess just the look of me? I dont try to be. So, its natures way of helping me out.