Naruto gathering 2006!!! Fanime Staff took my "Countdow

Started by Blue Impulse, May 30, 2005, 04:54:26 PM

KindaRandomKris

Dude... it's only been two days since Fanime officially ended, three since the Naruto gathering, and already there's sixty replies to this thread (including mine).

Narutards are so cool.
Proud SJSU Spartan - because hell is warmer than San Luis Obispo.
-
I take random people's AIM sn's and put them on my buddylist.
And then I never talk to them and forget who they are.

Blue Impulse

Ya... I'll compile a list of people cosplaying next year... Also...
Please PM me ON THE FANIME BOARDS if you want to be part of the "staff" for next years naruto gathering, list your name, job you want, and briefly describe how you want to contribute :D
also, who you were for the last gathering [if anyone] and who you plan to be for the next one.
0001 Registered User at Fanime 06'

fighter_for_hire

i'll probably go as a random bondage ninja... maybe Temari bu most likely a bondage ninja...

KindaRandomKris

:x I need screenshots of Fuun-hime (from the Naruto movie) and timejump Gaara. Both the battle and speshul outfit.

I can't figure out how to block out spoileriffic content, so you'll have to guess which costumes I'm talking about.
-

Waruiko

I'll be staff if it's needed and would be prould to reff any torny's we might do.  I went as Jiraya last year and I'll just improve my costume this year in preperation.

I would like to propose that we not call ourselves 'Narutards.'  It is, has, and mostlikely will be a dirogitory term for a long time... especily with Naruto being premeared on Toonami :(

Instead I propose that we be called NARUBIs.  This is a fusion between Naruto (der ](*,) ) and Oldbi.  We should also be weary of those new to the series as they might, MIGHT, destroy what we have here in an atempt to flood us in crap.

New people won't know who Garry of The Sand Box is, or who Kisame the Safty Ninja is, and they will be come an Oldbi joke... BTW if someone want's to cos-play Garry they need plastic shoveles in place of kunai...
With the apearance of Naruto on CN there will be a large influx of NOOBs...  I guese that would make me a classic Naruto fan.

*Winner of the FanimeCon 2005 'Naruto Ninja Taisen 3' compatition!  I played as Jiraya and my partner was Zabuza*

Blue Impulse

lmfao plastic shovels.. i love it... SHIT... TIME FOR WORK!!! <groans and dies..>

serajwl

THAT REMINDS ME!!! I wad thinking that instead of having another gathering somewhere in SF over the summer, we should go to the Cartoon Network studios XP

ha, yeah right. it's probably in new york or something. but it's just a thought.

i can probably provide a megaphone again.

and maybe i can hire a panoramic photographer for next year so we can get every single person in one picture alot easier, but it might be more expensive.... ohwell. i'll look into it anyway.

i'm also thinking that we should ask the San Jose polic dept. about having the gathering in the park again and getting permission to hold it outside so we dont get in trouble. i can take care of that aswell if you'd like

dosukinuta4

You're doin so much work! You'll get a hernia keeping that up. Some of us can probably do some work too u know. But not me. :wink:  Heehee, im just that lazy, and i have other stuff to do. :wink:
And the more gatherings the better!
Open mouth  X(), insert bacon ~~~, yum X)

dosukinuta4

QuoteYour Dosu totally pwned the other one (no offense to him); I think it was the straw.

I have to admit, the straw kicked the crap outta my rug, but at least i had a sound amp. AND I HAD SPEAKERS!!! Woot. As soon as i saw the other dosu, i played "i think im a clone now" by weird al. lol. it was awesome. serajwl should remember that.

Hahahaha. I reign supreme wit my sound amp and speakers. But my amp didnt go diiiiiing, it went ... thwak. :(

KindaRandomKris

Quote from: "dosukinuta4"
QuoteYour Dosu totally pwned the other one (no offense to him); I think it was the straw.

I have to admit, the straw kicked the crap outta my rug, but at least i had a sound amp. AND I HAD SPEAKERS!!! Woot. As soon as i saw the other dosu, i played "i think im a clone now" by weird al. lol. it was awesome. serajwl should remember that.

Hahahaha. I reign supreme wit my sound amp and speakers. But my amp didnt go diiiiiing, it went ... thwak. :(

I think I just like straw. I used to try and eat it when I was little(r).

I saw you crossing the street on Sunday, I think. I'm not suree.
-

hellangel

blue, what was up with the sudden change in time/location this year?

edit: oh, i see, a problem with the police people. okay. the inuyasha group had trouble with that, too. so i guess the public park isnt really public. haha XD

oh: for anyone who mistook me for sasuke, dont worry about it...i was expecting to be mistaken for sasuke anyway ^__^" (this is why people dont cosplay as young itachi ^^")
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

AllyUnion

Quote from: "Blue Impulse"I know it's kinda soon to be posting this seeing as its... ya know... still monday... BUT THE GATHERING WAS A CRAZY HIT! I WANT TO HOST IT AGAIN NEXT YEAR! PLEASE JOIN ME AGAIN!!!

People to thank from 05': Jorge aka Bart Boy for helping me with problems at the park and being a stand up guy :D
The Kyuubi Time Jump Naruto aka the guy with the Konoha Flag [I don't know your name!!! T_T] for also helping me rally the troops and keep everything top notch!
Serajwl aka Ino that was with me :P for getting me the megaphone!
Jesse for man whoring it up :P
Ashley for being one of the leet sound pplzzz
and Orochimaru aka Omar for busting out the twister and helping keep everything undercontrol :P

Next year probably won't be as big as this seeing as 4Shame <coughs> 4Kids will probably get their hands on Naruto and change it up to Nathan the Magical Happy Ninja.
BUUUUUUUT! If your still down for a bad-ass gathering then just lemme know if you wanna join :D

No shout out to the Yahiko with the megaphone?  ^^;;;
Smaller image: (30 second load time on 28.8k modem)
This image has been edited down considerably at the request of the moderator.  Further editing can reduce the size, but will also reduce the visibility of the photo.

Larger image: http://acmserver.cs.ucr.edu/~jlee/images/fanime2005/naruto_fanime_2005.jpg

Blue Impulse

Please re-size your pic... its kinda massive..

serajwl

you know why blue's dosu pwn3d yours? because i made his  :wink:

The_Merchant

Quote from: "serajwl"

you know why blue's dosu pwn3d yours? because i made his  :wink:

Yeah and your shield for link kicked ass too ^^
What Are Ya Buyin?

serajwl

thanks man! By the way, your cd ROCKS! thanks a bunch  :D

and i was wondering, when we left that chick was bothering you about your bullet shells, what happened with that?

dosukinuta4

U may have made blue's costume, but I made mine, and all last minute style too. I had a little help from some ppl tho.
I should've used straw...
o well...
Time to start procrastinating on improving my costume for next year. :D

Blue Impulse

Sesshie's Nina

Quote from: "dosukinuta4"U may have made blue's costume, but I made mine, and all last minute style too. I had a little help from some ppl tho.
I should've used straw...
o well...
Time to start procrastinating on improving my costume for next year. :D

Last Minute's the only way to go. You'd be surprised on how many costumes were done last minute

And then there's the 'work long and hard costumes' that completely kick @$$.....

Question is, which one's better?

Screw it, last minute are best
Sesshoumaru is my bishi....not yours....

I love being sadistic...it's so fulfilling :-D

Forget about Naruto. It's all about Nathan.......stupid Cartoon Network.........

AllyUnion

Quote from: "Blue Impulse"Please re-size your pic... its kinda massive..

Sorry...  is a minute load time bad or do I need to shrink it further?