Naruto gathering 2006!!! Fanime Staff took my "Countdow

Started by Blue Impulse, May 30, 2005, 04:54:26 PM

Alistayre

I'll be there, for sure, as Neji without the headband ^_^

pSyChOgArDeN

Naruttoooooo~!!! My latest obsession! And I wanna cosplay someone as naruto so badly and a half! T__T but i prolly cant cause i promised other lovely people id cosplay with them #-# SO IMA GONNA BE ITACHI'S AND GAARA'S NUMBER ONE OFFICIAL HAPPY SCARY STALKER!! oooh yea! *-* ................... >__> ....okay ill go away now ._.;;

Fanime '11 Cosplays:
Ramona Flowers -Scott Pilgrim vs. the Universe
Sakura -Cardcaptor Sakura

<33         

Zekke

Anyone know a site or a place (Near Danville, CA) that can custom make cosplay items, i need a Konoha Vest. I've tried "the-magic-wardrobe.com" and it aint workin for me  :x  . Anyplace that makes good, reliable cosplay clothing.

KindaRandomKris

Quote from: "Zekke"Anyone know a site or a place (Near Danville, CA) that can custom make cosplay items, i need a Konoha Vest. I've tried "the-magic-wardrobe.com" and it aint workin for me  :x  . Anyplace that makes good, reliable cosplay clothing.

The best advice I have for you is to go on Cosplay.com. I know several cosplayers from Anime Expo (in Anahem CA) are also available as comissioners.

The next best advice is to go to any standard tailor, seamstress, etc., and see if they can make it. Maybe someone will be able to stumble through making a pattern and making it; I know that several Vietnamese people I've been to see (admittedly in Vietnam, though there are good ones here) are able to improvise rather well.
Proud SJSU Spartan - because hell is warmer than San Luis Obispo.
-
I take random people's AIM sn's and put them on my buddylist.
And then I never talk to them and forget who they are.

Blue Impulse

I hope to god I can finish this costume in time... I look forward to everyone meeting up... I'm gonna have to find another megaphone, this time, lets try to stay more ... organized.
0001 Registered User at Fanime 06'

serajwl

well, there shouldnt be as big of a group this year, so less organization is required.

And we'll fijnish that god forsaken costume in time. you just need to make me get off my lazy ass and do it.

dosukinuta4

Wait, u think that there will be less people cosplaying as Naruto characters this year?  With all the dubbies?  Yea right!
Its gonna be huge!
There are gonna be WAY more people cosplaying Naruto, and they will see our gathering and join.
Open mouth  X(), insert bacon ~~~, yum X)

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: "dosukinuta4"Wait, u think that there will be less people cosplaying as Naruto characters this year?  With all the dubbies?  Yea right!
Its gonna be huge!
There are gonna be WAY more people cosplaying Naruto, and they will see our gathering and join.

yeah, he's got a point. i'd would think there would be more than last year since its now been released in the US (sadly ><). but eh,what can you do? you'll probably be able to tell the difference between cosplayers who have been watching for awhile and those who have only known the dub, or mabye not, i dunno
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

KindaRandomKris

Quote from: "Yukari Kaiba"
Quote from: "dosukinuta4"Wait, u think that there will be less people cosplaying as Naruto characters this year?  With all the dubbies?  Yea right!
Its gonna be huge!

yeah, he's got a point. i'd would think there would be more than last year since its now been released in the US (sadly ><). but eh,what can you do? you'll probably be able to tell the difference between cosplayers who have been watching for awhile and those who have only known the dub, or mabye not, i dunno

Well, I dunno about that... I know alot of kids who watch CN and the dubbed Naruto, and most of them don't know what cosplaying or convention means. The American cosplay scene is really quite small, and the average age of CN kids is really too young to care about dressing up and joining people in gatherings.

P'raps there'll be more people with just headbands, but I highly doubt there'll be too large an influx of actual cosplayers.
Proud SJSU Spartan - because hell is warmer than San Luis Obispo.
-
I take random people's AIM sn's and put them on my buddylist.
And then I never talk to them and forget who they are.

serajwl

Quote from: "KindaRandomKris"
Its gonna be huge!

Well, I dunno about that... I know alot of kids who watch CN and the dubbed Naruto, and most of them don't know what cosplaying or convention means. The American cosplay scene is really quite small, and the average age of CN kids is really too young to care about dressing up and joining people in gatherings.

P'raps there'll be more people with just headbands, but I highly doubt there'll be too large an influx of actual cosplayers.

exactly. I think the naruto fans would be more likely to attend "Naruto Con" or something. We may get a few kids who live in the area who heard about the con, but there definitely will not be a big space filler of noobs.

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: "serajwl"
Quote from: "KindaRandomKris"
Its gonna be huge!

exactly. I think the naruto fans would be more likely to attend "Naruto Con" or something. We may get a few kids who live in the area who heard about the con, but there definitely will not be a big space filler of noobs.

you're probably right. anyways, i was wondering where is Naruto Con? i've heard of it but never really found out where it was
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Nethrion

Ugh i was soooo gonna go as TenTen but guess what. No money for all the damn accessories. Plus not enough hair for her buns.
Then i was thinking of Hinata. But 1. too many accessories again (why are they so expensive?!) 2. heavy layers (soo not good if SJ is hot that day) 3. hair's too long =__=

But I can't wait to see all the Naruto cosplayers this year! =3

Alucard_not_pip?

I have a brilliant skit to do! But! I need a Gai sensei to do it with me :) And it would help if a naruto(or sasuke) and kakashi would participate. Contact me on Aim if you are interested. Kurosaki Naruto.
Ze stupid gurl didn't even pay us.

Alucard_not_pip?

Cloudzero

Heh. I've cosplayed as classic Neji for two years, but after 2005, I've decided not to leave more scars after tearing off the bandages from my leg. >.<

Alucard_not_pip?

Well since there won't be any Gai's I will go as GAI-SENSEI!

Drunken_Master

I signed up to be Lee for alucard's skit. You have been warned. :p
Gai: OK, Lee! Take them off!
Lee: Hai, Gai-sensei!
Everyone: *GASP*
Gai: The weights, Lee- I meant the WEIGHTS!!
Lee: Oh. *puts pants back on*

=T____T= *hiccup* I'm enjoying my youth.

Alucard_not_pip?

Quote from: "Drunken_Master"I signed up to be Lee for alucard's skit. You have been warned. :p
LEE!

Blue Impulse

GAI SENSEI!?!?! LEE!?!? GAI SENSEI!!!! LEEEE!!!!!!!! UIAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!11111111

Ya.. Good times.. Well.. I got fabric, BE READY FOR ME FANIME... Be ready for me..
0001 Registered User at Fanime 06'

Drunken_Master

Sex free is the way to be! The only true contraceptive is abstinence! *GLINT*
Gai: OK, Lee! Take them off!
Lee: Hai, Gai-sensei!
Everyone: *GASP*
Gai: The weights, Lee- I meant the WEIGHTS!!
Lee: Oh. *puts pants back on*

=T____T= *hiccup* I'm enjoying my youth.